Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laundry/wash bags for bras/tights?

Options
  • 30-04-2012 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

Heya!

I'm sick of my bras getting wrecked in the wash and I am too dis-organised to handwash them so I'm wondering if there are small bags that bras can go into for the wash?

I have no idea where I might find them. Thnaks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Pillowcase?

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

Yes there are special net bags for delicates of different kinds. Last time I bought was in one of those storage shops - Argos also has all this stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

€2 shop
    Dunnes
    Argos

one of them will have them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

yeah, the 2 euro shop, heatons etc have them...very handy too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Stuff em into an old pair of tights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I started putting my bras into socks before they go in the wash. That haven't stretched out like they used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

+1 for the €2 shop. They always have them. I've heard of pillowcases too. I handwash mine personally but if I didn't the €2 jobs would be my next bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

€2 shops. I tend to put all my underwear and socks into one bag.

Always close the clasp on your bras as well. Otherwise they can get caught in the net bag or worse the drum and ruin the clasp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Thanks guys!

Gonna get myself sorted now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Bit OT, but I feel so behind, I just chuck mine into the wash and they seem to come out ok, I think I lost one bra clasp to a machine over my lifetime!

I feel like I don't know all the woman secrets! I also don't separate my clothes, I just use Colour Catchers :D

• Advertisement

coco_lola wrote: »
    Bit OT, but I feel so behind, I just chuck mine into the wash and they seem to come out ok, I think I lost one bra clasp to a machine over my lifetime!

I feel like I don't know all the woman secrets! I also don't separate my clothes, I just use Colour Catchers :D

I've got pretty big boobs and often expensive bras so I can't afford to do that, just in case :) I am a massive fan of Colour Catchers too, although I do keep my whites separate :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭nhg

When on hols a few yrs ago in NY saw special holders for washing bra's with underwire, basically it was a ball when closed, opened in the centre where you popped in the bra. Was always sorry that I didn't buy a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

If you can't be arsed with handwashing you can always just wear your bra into the shower or bath and wash it with your soap, saves a bunch of time. It's exactly the same as handwashing - the water won't be too hot for the fabric and there won't be too much spinning or friction from the action of a washing machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I wait until I have a pile of bras ready to wash and fill the sink with fairly hot water and add Johnson baby shampoo and leave the bras to soak for a couple of hours while I just get on with my evening and then just give them a quick scrub and wash out. I use a drop of comfort then in the second last rinse. gently squeese out any water I can and wrap the lot in a big towel to soak and just before I am heading to bed hand them on the clothes horse to dry over night.

Really makes them stay in shape and last for much longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I've got pretty big boobs and often expensive bras so I can't afford to do that, just in case :) I am a massive fan of Colour Catchers too, although I do keep my whites separate :o

Love colour catcher too, I use the one sheet for more than one wash.

I have big boobs and bras can be an expensive nightmare!

Cheap at my size is not worth it.

+1. I've tried M&S, La Senza etc but really it's only brand names that fit me properly. I do like a bit of a rummage in Clerys and Arnotts for sale stock :o I find figleaves quite good too, but I'm not that gone on online shopping.

Never thought of using a Colour Cather more than once...do you just leave it to dry then pop it in the next wash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭chocolatrose

starling wrote: »
    If you can't be arsed with handwashing you can always just wear your bra into the shower or bath and wash it with your soap, saves a bunch of time. It's exactly the same as handwashing - the water won't be too hot for the fabric and there won't be too much spinning or friction from the action of a washing machine.

God I'd have enough to do in the shower besides doing my bra washes. That's some multi tasking :D

Is it just me but I don't even know if those colour catchers even work? I use them anyway in the hope they're doing something. Far cheaper in the 2 euro shop btw if you are buying them.

God I'd have enough to do in the shower besides doing my bra washes. That's some multi tasking :D

Is it just me but I don't even know if those colour catchers even work? I use them anyway in the hope they're doing something. Far cheaper in the 2 euro shop btw if you are buying them.

Ah yeah, you can see the colours afterwards in them now and again, especially if you've got newish jeans in or something like that. I'm the same, use them anyway. Just in case. And I always get them in the €2 shiop too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭chocolatrose

Yeah I can see the dye that gets absorbed into them but can't really see a difference in my clothes now compared to when I didn't used to use them:confused:...ah sure what harm:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 debsw

pillowcase ..works everytime. Just tie a knot in the top.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Boo to both of you.. now I feel bad about not separating my clothes and having small boobs :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Anyone bought any of these laundry bags\nets recently in Dublin and if so where? My washing machine has now got some sharp edges inside possibly and I don't want the clothes ruined in the next wash, cheers guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I have lost whole underwires to the machine, to the point one went thru the holes in the machine and nearly trashed the drum :( You can get those speciality bag yokes in them catalogues (Betterware/Kleeneze etc) for a few bob, handwash, pillowcase etc

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭LadyBetty

madmoe wrote: »
    Anyone bought any of these laundry bags\nets recently in Dublin and if so where? My washing machine has now got some sharp edges inside possibly and I don't want the clothes ruined in the next wash, cheers guys.

I bought the laundry bags in Dunnes in Leopardstown recently, very handy for tights especially.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

LadyBetty wrote: »
    I bought the laundry bags in Dunnes in Leopardstown recently, very handy for tights especially.

Got mine in Lidl a good while back, too lazy to handwash my bras so sticking them in one of these for a delicates wash seems like the next best option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I have a couple of net bags that came with the washing powder tablets.

Advertisement