Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

210641.JPG

Poor picture, but the orange bulbs have been replaced with silver ones. Soooo much better!
    Nice shoes, are they slip on?

210636.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Nice alan, you have taste.

The top pic dosnt seem to be working....

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

210641.JPG

Poor picture, but the orange bulbs have been replaced with silver ones. Soooo much better!

210636.JPG

All better...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

You appear to have a shoe on your bonnet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

A shoe's the new custard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I am not a smoker myself, in fact I had cigarette in my mouth only twice, both times there was "something" in it... It did feck all to me so I never tried both of them anymore... Waste of money.
    Saying this I don't let to smoke anyone in my car. Even misses gets a very rare chance to have a smoke in my car. I had a pleasure to be cleaning mx5 for misses and amount of ash made me go Nerdrage!!!

I never smoke in my car so that helps! Never smoked in the house either or my room so that'll be a help :)

This is the best idea I had all day.

So as the boot was full of rubbish......

Photo0165.jpg?t=1340838569

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Lol local shop/petrol station apple/rhubarb tard prolly cost like 6 euros :p

Tasty tho

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    Lol local shop/petrol station apple/rhubarb tard prolly cost like 6 euros :p

Tasty tho

Local shop...Apple.....Wait for it......wait for it......wait..for it....3.95. :cool:

Local shop...Apple.....Wait for it......wait for it......wait..for it....3.95. :cool:

Well played sir !

My local shop has a handmade soda bread for €4.95, like seriously a fiver for a soda cake :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Ya mad yoke. Aldi/Tesco/lidl/Dunnes no?

Fiona wrote: »
    I am off the smokes (again!) 2 weeks and 3 days :)

Well done Fiona, im gonna be giving them up again soon.

Last time i just decided one day 5-6 years ago to quit and was off them almost 3 years, as heavy exercise as you can stomach really speeds up the clearing out of your lungs and kills the worst of the craving that hangs about for weeks afterwards.

Might try one of those electronic ciggy things for abit this time, until i feel silly holding it :p

BX 19 wrote: »
    Ya mad yoke. Aldi/Tesco/lidl/Dunnes no?

Nope.... the local general store. :)

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    Well played sir !

My local shop has a handmade soda bread for €4.95, like seriously a fiver for a soda cake :p

robbery to the highest degree. :mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Drove to Kerry yesterday for the first time in a while. 4 hours 30 minutes is all it take these days. Have to say though, 3rd and 4th gear in the 159 are the business. So goddamn punchy...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 64,864 ✭✭✭✭unkel

166man wrote: »
    Drove to Kerry yesterday for the first time in a while. 4 hours 30 minutes is all it take these days.

Where in Kerry?

Drove down from Dublin to Inch (Dingle peninsula) in 3 hours 30 minutes last summer and that was with a 30 minute delay in Adare. Loaded car with 5 people though. Sticking to speed limits except on the motorway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

166man wrote: »
    Drove to Kerry yesterday for the first time in a while. 4 hours 30 minutes is all it take these days. Have to say though, 3rd and 4th gear in the 159 are the business. So goddamn punchy...:D

Back in Ireland tonight after a month in France. After driving my 1.5dci clio all month, my 159 is going to be like getting a new car all over again:D
    I'm gonna be feeling that 3rd and 4th gear love;)

Up bright and early today, going around to my parents retired mechanic mate to be shown the ropes. :)

CianRyan wrote: »
    Up bright and early today, going around to my parents retired mechanic mate to be shown the ropes. :)

I assume you're going to be working on boats today? You may well need one later on! :eek:

Is it that bad out? :/
    I haven't looked outside yet and I've to cycle home from my girlfriend's first.
    Ah, should have brought my wet suit. :p

• Advertisement

CianRyan wrote: »
    Is it that bad out? :/
    I haven't looked outside yet and I've to cycle home from my girlfriend's first.
    Ah, should have brought my wet suit. :p

Floods in cork. It pushed north along the east coast. It's pretty wet out.

All dry here, stopped about half an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Grand and sunny here! Not to say the decking might as well be a swimming pool but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well I was happy not to drive rwd today :D.
    Around 4:50 in the morning between Mallow and Twopothouse there was a river, instead of one of the lanes...

All day on radio I just hear how fudged cork and surrounding area is... That's on wet night for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,588 ✭✭✭tossy

Well I was happy not to drive rwd today :D.
    Around 4:50 in the morning between Mallow and Twopothouse there was a river, instead of one of the lanes...

All day on radio I just hear how fudged cork and surrounding area is... That's on wet night for ya!

Days* like this show how suited 4wd is to the Ireland,it's not just for snow ya know! :D

EDIT: Mornings* it's lovely out in Kildare right now.

Did Dundalk (hey) to Naas at about 5am. Cats and Dogs the whole way. Grand auld day now though.

I really appreciate my tyres at times like this. It justifies me not skimping with Chinese muck. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

MugMugs wrote: »
    Did Dundalk (hey) to Naas at about 5am. Cats and Dogs the whole way. Grand auld day now though.

I really appreciate my tyres at times like this. It justifies me not skimping with Chinese muck. :)

I was thinking the same on my way home last night, absolutely awful driving conditions, but because i bought decent tyres got home without as much as a blip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

The main band of rain has moved off into the Irish sea. There still is a risk of showers and some will be heavy and thundery. There may be some surface water remaining in low lying area's though. Keep an eye on AA roadwatch before travelling. http://www.aaireland.ie/aa/aa-roadwatch.aspx#
    Met.ie wrote:
    A band of heavy rain, with embedded thunderstorm activity and hail, will continue to move northwards this morning producing further flooding.
    Drier weather will follow with some sunny spells developing but also scattered thundery showers.
    Warm and humid with fog patches and temperatures today ranging 16 to 22 degrees.
    Moderate locally fresh winds, easterly veering southerly.

The current road conditions from the NRA: http://www.nratraffic.ie/weather/default.asp?RegionId=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Roads are dry up here :D

But it did absolutely bucket down last night when I went to bed...

• Advertisement

The car is running like a dream! :D
    Found some rot on the exhaust pipping with some dodgy looking seals but everything seems to be doing it's job with no blows. :)
    I'll need break pads soon, proably after NCT but that's on the list. Other than that, absolutely perfect bangernomics! :)
    Had a good look at some of my mechanic's classic's too. One of his Daimlers has been in movies, don't ask me which ones though.
    No pics unfortunately. :/

Oh and the sun is splitting the rocks in Tallaght. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement