Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2, episode 5 HAVE READ THE BOOKS/SPOILERS

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Frisbee wrote: »
    I was wondering that too after watching it. I reckon they're not going to mention it at all and just have it happen so we're all like:

'ZOMFG Tyrion Joo R a L3G3ND!!!11! xxx'

This ^^^

Very slow ep I thought. I'm trying my best not to remember every detail from the books so that I can at least enjoy on it's own merits but even still it will be another 3 episodes until Blackwater. That seems too long. What else has to occur before all that?

Also anyone think they might set Ros up to be Alaya? They've built her character up a lot more than Alaya ever was so there would be some emotional payout. Plus the more ardent fans would be happy to be rid of her.
    They'd only need to include a throway scene of Tyrion meeting up with her and a wry smile and comment "back for another visit m'lord" before he passed through the brothel on his way to Shae.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

s.welstead wrote: »
    Very slow ep I thought. I'm trying my best not to remember every detail from the books so that I can at least enjoy on it's own merits but even still it will be another 3 episodes until Blackwater. That seems too long. What else has to occur before all that?
    I'll spoiler it in case you don't want to remember the full details, but between now and the end of CoK, we have:
    Theon capturing Winterfell, Bran and Rickon escaping, Ramsay taking Winterfell and burning it, Cat releasing Jaime, The House of Undying, Belwas and Barristan Selmy joining with Dany, Arya causing Harrenhal to switch sides and then escaping north, Kings Landing starving, Jon killing Halfhand and temporarily switching sides.
    That's what I can remember at least, though some of it may have happened just after Blackwater and there's probably some stuff I've forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    Yeah but the tickler was interesting in the progression because she chose to kill him to save someone else, someone she had also vowed to kill in her prayer. I thought it was an interesting development for the character, I suppose raff the sweetling will fill that gap later on

thing i dont get is, in the books we're told where this prayer comes from, but i dont recall it happening in the TV show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Faolchu wrote: »
    thing i dont get is, in the books we're told where this prayer comes from, but i dont recall it happening in the TV show

It did. It was were Ayra had trouble sleeping and Yoren tells her about the prayer he used to say for the guy that killed his brother. I think it was in the second episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

rhonin wrote: »
    I think it was in the second episode.
    ah right must have missed that bit. I'll have to go back to check now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Faolchu wrote: »
    ah right must have missed that bit. I'll have to go back to check now

I think its the scene just before the men come looking for Gendry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Great episode, I have to say beefing up Bronn's role (Well I think they have beefed up his role a bit, correct me if I am wrong) was a great move. Some of his observations are class.

"This is a sh*t plan" when Tyrion is speaking to the Pyromancer.

Surprised there is no mention of the chain yet, but maybe that came later in the book, or they can just have the chain already in place, and just have Davos comment on it when leading the ships into the bay.

I don't remember the safe/vault that Xaro had from the book, is that a new addition?

Did ye glance over in the HAVE NOT READ the books threads at all? Funny, people pretending they have not read the books, making "predictions"....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Did ye glance over in the HAVE NOT READ the books threads at all? Funny, people pretending they have not read the books, making "predictions"....

Yeah, "predicted" the Red Wedding, Jaqun was from Bravos, Mace's attack on the Wall and Jofferys marriage to M. Tyrell. Really horrible thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Yeah, "predicted" the Red Wedding, Jaqun was from Bravos, Mace's attack on the Wall and Jofferys marriage to M. Tyrell. Really horrible thing to do.

Totally pointless.

Predicted the Red Wedding, hope the username wasn't Patchface!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Theon has already raided the Stoney Shore, he's now in Torrin Square (briefly), they skipped over that scene, a scene that could have shown the verocity and cruelty of the Ironmen, hopefully we should see it later.

Yeah would have been nice to see them landing at night & doing some brutal raiding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Yeah, what a numpty.

Have to say I love the tv take on Harrenhal, so much better than what I ha in my head.

Books are better obviously as they had hold more info and include the little things.

At firstthought they were rushing through it but now think there doing a good job at squeezing it into 10 40 min episodes. :)

Advertisement