Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB SSD €75 shipped

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

psicic wrote: »
    The OCZ Agility 3 120GB:
    Pixmania €134 Amazon €117

Prices seem to fluctuating quite a bit on this - I see pixmania is now €119 including delivery on this drive.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

God Father wrote: »
    Apples and Oranges.

That costs almost twice as much.

The Vertex Plus does 250MB/s read and 160MB/s write, considering that Sata 2 maxs at about 285MB/s read it is perfectly quick and well suited to Sata2 devices and even Sata3 for the cheap price.

Thanks OP I've a 60GB OCZ Agility 3 which I love and I've ordered this for my Laptop. SSD FTW!

No point in getting the one that is twice as much when you can get two of these at the same price and it will be as fast as the newest ssds, just put 2+ in raid. Half the data goes across two diff sata ports. 500/320mbps read/write

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

exactly, not to mention that a lot of people don't have sata3 yet and i think the biggest thing stopping a lot of people from buying into ssd's has been the lack of a decent sized ssd at an affordable price point.

there's always going to be better, faster ssd's out there if you're willing to pay a premium for them, but i imagine it'll be a while before we see any low budget 120gb ssd for 75 quid again. :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hopefully we will cos I was waiting on a 20e voucher for amazon and it didnt come through yet, so i missed the deal :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

had an OCZ Agility 3 128gb from amazon,first time in life it was like my pc was runing on nitro,everything loads in seconds no sounds and size of a stack of cards,but two weeks into my joy it crashed once,then day later twice,until didnt respond at all,was dissapointed to ship it back,but it seems the technology is still in testing mode,due to gigh recals and failures,heard good things about intel but the price is 3triple that of any other brand.So even with sata2 connection i was getting speeds of over 380bm/s compared to 80bm hdd.So said gonna wait till get proper motherboards to make it raid and prices to drop then it gonna be dream come true.anyways 80quid is reallly cheap for 128mb especially if raid is supported ;)

• Advertisement

the ocz agility 3's were one of the many drives affected by the rather annoying sandforce bug which caused a lot of reliability issues, but firmware updates have resolved that now a good few months back.

i've had win7 running on my main pc on a pair of 60gb agility 3's in raid0 since august last year without a reinstall and it's still just as responsive as ever and that was after 2-3 OS re-installs per month with the previous corsair ssd that i had before them. :(

did the firmware updates through linux usb stick,without any improvement,but as said ssd is the future,as its the only component in modern pcs that slow them down.

when was it that you had yours?

just wondering if you actually got the "fix" fix when sandforce finally figured it out or just attempted fixes by the drive mfg's?

3months (+)- 1

hmm, would have been the official sandforce fix by then i reckon so i guess you did get a proper dud. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

Just for info - Amazon have just emailed me a shipping date of 7th May (with an arrival date of 11th May) for OCZ Vertex Plus 120 GB I ordered on 30th April when it was out of stock.

No arrival date for the two that I ordered on 1st May. (Not hoarding - need these many as boot drives for the various pcs I have running .)

(Annoyingly, I orderd a 60 GB Agility 3 on 3rd May because I wanted to SSD up a computer for my Ma and so couldn't wait with the uncertainty of when the Vertex Pluses would be delivered. It's due to arrive the same day.... now I have the conundrum whether to keep the Agility 3 for myself or give it to her - she won't see any significant speed improvement between the two, but she also isn't going to be filling up anywhere near the 120GB... maybe I should just keep 'em all for myself and not upgrade her at all!!!!!:pac:)

yep, they have the 120gb ocz agility 3 for £89.99 now too (also £3 cheaper on pixmania uk).

they even have it on pixmania.ie for €110 inc. vat + p&p. :)

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/9974320/art/ocz/120-gb-solid-state-drive.html

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

Just for info - Amazon have just emailed me a shipping date of 7th May (with an arrival date of 11th May) for OCZ Vertex Plus 120 GB I ordered on 30th April when it was out of stock.

Good to know, I order one on 2th May. Let us know how the rest of your orders go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Same. I ordered two on the 30th and have a dispatch date of the 7th now.

Advertisement