Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alien Abduction

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mr big boy

I think for the doubters to believe in something like this, it would have to happen to them.
    Before this happened to me i wouldn't have given a second thought to something like this. It is hard to really explain but we have all had dreams that are so real but we know deep in our minds that it is only a dream. But when something like this happens and you KNOW you are awake and you know something is really happening to you, it is so scary. When it happened to me all i could think of was that i was never going to see my family again. I was resigned to the fact that this is it. Everything i ever wondered about life is about to be answered.

Picture this

you are in bed, you wake up and you are stuck to the bed, there is some kinda force that feels like it is kneeling on your chest stopping you from moving. Then you know something is just out of your sight but that if you look you will see it. Maybe a braver person would want to know and look but i just closed my eyes Then it starts to try talk to you through your mind but i fought these thoughts. Then a bright thick beam of light came through my wall at an angle and i start to get lifted from my bed. I'm crying because i don't want to go and something is trying to tell me to be calm, that i'll be fine.

And then , i can't say i wake because i wasn't asleep, but i'm back. I sit up and look up at the light and it receeds out of my wall and is gone. I get such a feeling of relief because i am still here.

I wake my girlfriend and tell her, she looks at me like i'm nuts but i break down in tears. She wraps her arms around me and i feel safe.
    She knows me and she believes me. She actually got really scared then because she knows i wouldn't make it up.

If people don't believe in the extra ordinary wait until this happens to you. No doctor or scientist could ever make believe it wasn't real or it's in my head because i lived it, it happened to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

mr big boy wrote: »
    I think for the doubters to believe in something like this, it would have to happen to them.
    And something very similar has happened to me, though my reaction was somewhat less dramatic.
    What you are reporting has been reported by many other and has been studied quite thoroughly. And it sounds exactly like you were experiencing sleep paralysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Ninjamonkey

Before this happened to me i wouldn't have given a second thought to something like this. It is hard to really explain but we have all had dreams that are so real but we know deep in our minds that it is only a dream. But when something like this happens and you KNOW you are awake and you know something is really happening to you, it is so scary. When it happened to me all i could think of was that i was never going to see my family again. I was resigned to the fact that this is it. Everything i ever wondered about life is about to be answered.

Picture this

you are in bed, you wake up and you are stuck to the bed, there is some kinda force that feels like it is kneeling on your chest stopping you from moving. Then you know something is just out of your sight but that if you look you will see it. Maybe a braver person would want to know and look but i just closed my eyes Then it starts to try talk to you through your mind but i fought these thoughts. Then a bright thick beam of light came through my wall at an angle and i start to get lifted from my bed. I'm crying because i don't want to go and something is trying to tell me to be calm, that i'll be fine.

And then , i can't say i wake because i wasn't asleep, but i'm back. I sit up and look up at the light and it receeds out of my wall and is gone. I get such a feeling of relief because i am still here.

I wake my girlfriend and tell her, she looks at me like i'm nuts but i break down in tears. She wraps her arms around me and i feel safe.
    She knows me and she believes me. She actually got really scared then because she knows i wouldn't make it up.

If people don't believe in the extra ordinary wait until this happens to you. No doctor or scientist could ever make believe it wasn't real or it's in my head because i lived it, it happened to me.

Thanks for sharing. It takes courage to admit to yourself this is something real, and that you want to share it.

The first thing is to decide do you want to investigate it further, or simply put it out of your mind and your life, and recall it as a weird story over a few pints now and then.

Dr. John Mack's work is indeed good. Also Bud Hopkins is another author has written on the subject.

King Mob wrote: »
    And something very similar has happened to me, though my reaction was somewhat less dramatic.
    What you are reporting has been reported by many other and has been studied quite thoroughly. And it sounds exactly like you were experiencing sleep paralysis.
    If me and you had the same experience i bet that you would want my number and would want to talk to me. If you experienced the exact same thing as me you wouldn't be so coy about it.

Thanks for sharing. It takes courage to admit to yourself this is something real, and that you want to share it.

The first thing is to decide do you want to investigate it further, or simply put it out of your mind and your life, and recall it as a weird story over a few pints now and then.

Dr. John Mack's work is indeed good. Also Bud Hopkins is another author has written on the subject.
    Yea i have read up on their work and thanks for believing me.

• Advertisement

If me and you had the same experience i bet that you would want my number and would want to talk to me. If you experienced the exact same thing as me you wouldn't be so coy about it.
    I'm sorry this post is just plain hypocritical.
    On one hand you are being grateful to others for taking the time to listen and to consider your story, then believe it. Yet on the other you are rejecting my experience straight off the bat. And this seems to be solely because I am trying to offer a explanation that is different to the ones you have already considered.

Had anyone acted this way to you, you would call them closed minded.

If you are not interested in considering certain possibilities or viewpoints, just say as much.

I'm sorry this post is just plain hypocritical.
    On one hand you are being grateful to others for taking the time to listen and to consider your story, then believe it. Yet on the other you are rejecting my experience straight off the bat. And this seems to be solely because I am trying to offer a explanation that is different to the ones you have already considered.

Had anyone acted this way to you, you would call them closed minded.

If you are not interested in considering certain possibilities or viewpoints, just say as much.
    You said you have had the same thing happen to you, i believe you had an experience but if you had the exact same thing happen that happened to me i don't believe you would possibly feel the way you do. That is why i think we must of had a different kind of experience altogether. And unless you are a expert on the brain and understand fully how it works you would have to be leaning more towards how i feel about it rather than what people that have never experienced it put on text.

You said you have had the same thing happen to you, i believe you had an experience but if you had the exact same thing happen that happened to me i don't believe you would possibly feel the way you do.
    And if you read my post you see that I had already said that it was a similar experience and that I did not have such a dramatic reaction.

But yet you are still dismissing my experience as less than yours out of hand.
    This seems very closed minded.
    That is why i think we must of had a different kind of experience altogether. And unless you are a expert on the brain and understand fully how it works you would have to be leaning more towards how i feel about it rather than what people that have never experienced it put on text.
    And unless you are an expert on the brain and understand fully how it works, how are you so sure the mundane explanation is not right?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

op id say its probably sleep paralysis which ive had myself quiet a bit it can be a very frightening experience the first few times and sounds exactly as you have described apart from the lights in the room i once had an episode of sleep paralysis with all the usual being fully awake but unable to speak or move and having a feeling of a presence in the room which i believe is normal but then something similar to you i began to float to the ceiling and seemed like i was being pulled by my ankles towards the bedroom door i was reaching out at anything to stop it it was truely terrifying now even though this was 100% real to me at the time this sleep paralysis can play some serious tricks on your mind cos when as i call it i pulled out of the paralysis i was lying in my bed it did feel so real at the time though and i got some ribbing from friends when i was telling them i was being pulled along the ceiling by my ankles by an unknown force:D

@ King Mob I have done some research, something is happening to lot's of people all over the world. Ex astronauts have come out and said there are ufo's visiting earth . Is it really so far fetched that contact is being made. Videos are all over the web, pilots have come out and said crafts are chasing or circling their planes and travelling at speeds which nothing on earth could possibly manage. Why is it so hard for people to see what is right in front of their eyes. Now i could be wrong and maybe what happened to me is some kind of mental experience that we havn't managed to diagnose 100% but that doesn't make all the other stuff going on any less real, in fact it is happening and that is why i truly believe my experience is more than just a mental happening or a brain fart. If all these other sightings and evidence wasn't there i would maybe lean that way but they the evidence is out there and something is going on.

Now i don't like confrontations and don't want to get into a big back and forth, maybe i should have read your posts better and been more careful with mine but i didn't mean to dismiss your points or be contradictory . I just feel very strongly about this and if someone questions it i can get a little over defensive and i apologise for that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

@ King Mob I have done some research, something is happening to lot's of people all over the world. Ex astronauts have come out and said there are ufo's visiting earth . Is it really so far fetched that contact is being made. Videos are all over the web, pilots have come out and said crafts are chasing or circling their planes and travelling at speeds which nothing on earth could possibly manage. Why is it so hard for people to see what is right in front of their eyes. Now i could be wrong and maybe what happened to me is some kind of mental experience that we havn't managed to diagnose 100% but that doesn't make all the other stuff going on any less real, in fact it is happening and that is why i truly believe my experience is more than just a mental happening or a brain fart. If all these other sightings and evidence wasn't there i would maybe lean that way but they the evidence is out there and something is going on.

Now i don't like confrontations and don't want to get into a big back and forth, maybe i should have read your posts better and been more careful with mine but i didn't mean to dismiss your points or be contradictory . I just feel very strongly about this and if someone questions it i can get a little over defensive and i apologise for that.

It seems like you're assuming it's aliens and connecting that to a lot of things you've read. i.e there is absolutley no reason to connect you're experience to UFO sightings by pilots or astronaut. You are making that connection yourself

I've also had very similar experiences to the one you had ever since I was a child and at first it was terryfing but after a while I came to understand that it was sleep paralysis and many other people experience it

But this doesn't answer the question I asked. Even if we accept you claims about UFO reports, this has nothing to do with your experience specifically.
    Even if all of that was actually evidence of the existence of aliens, people would still experience sleep paralysis. You must agree that not every report like yours and mine are the result of aliens.

So what specifically did you use to determine that your experience could not have been sleep paralysis?

al28283 wrote: »
    It seems like you're assuming it's aliens and connecting that to a lot of things you've read. i.e there is absolutley no reason to connect you're experience to UFO sightings by pilots or astronaut. You are making that connection yourself

I've also had very similar experiences to the one you had ever since I was a child and at first it was terryfing but after a while I came to understand that it was sleep paralysis and many other people experience it
    Yes it is down to my own inner memories and a feeling i can't explain but when i done some research it made more sense. I don't know but i can only tell my experience and believe in myself, after all that is all i have. People can tell you black is white so much that after a while you start to believe it but when you really think about it we know deep inside what is really what.

People can tell you black is white so much that after a while you start to believe it but when you really think about it we know deep inside what is really what.

What? this doesn't make any sense? We can easily prove that black is not white, if you go on believeing otherwise you are just wrong, no matter how you feel inside :confused:

at what point in looking into your experience did you come across reports of UFO's chasing planes at high speeds? It seems like you started of with the asumption that your experience was an alien abduction and you set out to prove it.

But this doesn't answer the question I asked. Even if we accept you claims about UFO reports, this has nothing to do with your experience specifically.
    Even if all of that was actually evidence of the existence of aliens, people would still experience sleep paralysis. You must agree that not every report like yours and mine are the result of aliens.

So what specifically did you use to determine that your experience could not have been sleep paralysis?
    Because it was my experience, i felt it and i know what i felt. Intuition comes into it and if someone had my experience and wants to call it sleep paralysis well then good for them.

What? this doesn't make any sense? We can easily prove that black is not white, if you go on believeing otherwise you are just wrong, no matter how you feel inside :confused:

at what point in looking into your experience did you come across reports of UFO's chasing planes at high speeds? It seems like you started of with the asumption that your experience was an alien abduction and you set out to prove it.
    When it happened i first thought it was spiritual but when i seen the light and was lifted i was being spoken to telepathically . It is very hard to explain but when i looked into it abduction was the most likely cause and everything kind of fit.

when i looked into it abduction was the most likely cause and everything kind of fit.

No, sleep paralysis is the most likely cause, everything fits and it has been proven to happen. Alien abduction is not likely

No, sleep paralysis is the most likely cause

Because that is the logical explanation for an illogical experience.

It is not an illogical experience

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

FYP

• Advertisement

No wonder people don't bother telling their experiences much. But to be fair i would probably think the same before i had mine. In a way i am glad though because once your mind is opened you see things differently.

Because it was my experience, i felt it and i know what i felt. Intuition comes into it and if someone had my experience and wants to call it sleep paralysis well then good for them.
    But this can't allow you to tell the difference. You're assuming that sleep paralysis cannot produce the sensations you are reporting, even though the research show that it very much can.

Intuition is not reliable. People make many claims about a whole mess of things based on intuition and they are very rarely right.
    And you have to agree that your intuition is fallible and is subject to being tricked and confused. And further that your memories of the event are also subject to be being misremembered and embellished.

Can you really honestly, objectively say that none of these things played a role?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dyer

mr big boy you might consider posting your experience here : http://www.ufoi.org/

i've had my share of ufo experiences over the years, if i could tell you anything, it would be not to waste your time arguing with people about it online. if someone hasn't had a valid encounter/experience.. they will simply never get it.

No wonder people don't bother telling their experiences much. But to be fair i would probably think the same before i had mine. In a way i am glad though because once your mind is opened you see things differently.

People do tell alot about their experiences. You are ignoring and dismissing them. And you are not at all open minded, you are ignoring everything anyone is saying that disagrees your view, even those of people who have had the same experience, this is the complete opposite of being open minded

dyer wrote: »
    if someone hasn't had a valid encounter/experience.. they will simply never get it.

but many of the posters here have already said they have had similar experiences

mr big boy you might consider posting your experience here : http://www.ufoi.org/

i've had my share of ufo experiences over the years, if i could tell you anything, it would be not to waste your time arguing with people about it online. if someone hasn't had a valid encounter/experience.. they will simply never get it.

And mr big boy, not questioning what you experienced and what you know and dismissing other ideas and other people's experiences as dryer is suggesting because they don't agree with yours, is the definition of being closed minded.

But this can't allow you to tell the difference. You're assuming that sleep paralysis cannot produce the sensations you are reporting, even though the research show that it very much can.

Intuition is not reliable. People make many claims about a whole mess of things based on intuition and they are very rarely right.
    And you have to agree that your intuition is fallible and is subject to being tricked and confused. And further that your memories of the event are also subject to be being misremembered and embellished.

Can you really honestly, objectively say that none of these things played a role?
    Honestly pal i can only be honest about it, i know paralysis might seem the only correct explanation but it doesn't sit right with me.I really can't find the words to fully explain how i feel. Eh it's hard stuff to get out and i am in a state of confusion as i type this. I will sleep on it and will try to read and answer your points more clearly tomorrow . I ain't trying to dodge your questions but even just thinking back about it is very draining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dyer

you're throwing like with like.. just because there are some similiar aspects doesn't necessarily mean they are the same thing does it?

i have had sleep paralysis myself so i know what it's like.. but the OP mentioned a light entering the room which lifted him from his bed and that he was being communicated with telepathically. perhaps it is a case of sleep paralysis.. but, maybe it isn't?

Thank you. Yea they are firing so many things my way it is making me uneasy and i am struggling to think straight. Kinda wierd recalling this because it opens up feelings that are hard to control.

• Advertisement

but the OP mentioned a light entering the room which lifted him from his bed and that he was being communicated with telepathically

these are all characteristics of sleep paralysis, along with being terrified of something in the room which you cannot see

Advertisement