Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

How many of you guys was airsoft guns an introduction to real ones?

• 27-04-2012 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40 ✭✭✭ Davey34

I dont play airsoft but love the guns, very accurate replicas good buzz for collecting and plinking,
    Being in my earlyish thirties I wanted an air gun very soon after my couple of airsoft purchases , joined a gun club and instead of airgun got a real one, then another, licencing wasnt too difficult..:)

So question to all you guys , did many of you feel the lure to join a gun club and enjoy the format of firing /eventually licencing and purchasing real guns?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭ Witcher

In a way yes, I was interested in real steel before I started airsoft but the airsofting made me get into it properly. The airsoft has become secondary to the rs now:P It's still money coming out of my pocket so no change really:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 Inari

For me it is two very different worlds.

Airsoft allows me to amass a collection of guns that I would otherwise be unable to afford to own, or legally own at least. This is a huge attraction for me personally speaking.

I would be interested in RS shooting, but realistically a large part of the attraction for airsoft for me is the fact I can shoot my friends, and not maim them (and not just cause I've a bad shot :D)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 23,078 CMod ✭✭✭✭ Steve

Sorry lads, RS discussion belongs in the shooting forum :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement