Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 Cooking Club Week 17: Lemon Tarte

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

This is my first Cooking Club recipe so far this year.

picture.php?albumid=2062&pictureid=12704

Thanks, Chong!

I used dried chickpeas for the blind baking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

This is my first Cooking Club recipe so far this year.

picture.php?albumid=2062&pictureid=12704

Thanks, Chong!

I used dried chickpeas for the blind baking.
    Looks Excellent!!

Glad you like it and it turned out well

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I finally got around to making this, but it looking nowt like I thought it should. Like BazMo I ended up with a ridiculous amount of filling left over, so don't want to waste it so I might attempt again tomorrow. I haven't made pastry since I was in 3rd year in school, so for my first attempt in 13 years, I think I did ok. I tasted it, and its yum. I can't understand why mine when so dark with a crisp layer on top. Anyways, not to worry, it is yummy!!

Lemon_tart.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

ChewChew wrote: »
    I can't understand why mine when so dark with a crisp layer on top. Anyways, not to worry, it is yummy!!

It still looks great though, ChewChew.

I lowered the oven temperature after baking the case: I did the case at 180 degrees or so and the filling at about 130. For me cheesecake and custard-type stuff seems to bake the way I like at that temperature.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I made this yesterday and i was lovely.

Will definately make again, i think i might even add it to my fansty come dine with me menu :)

No photos cos it will didnt look the best, it got slightly burnt. Just got a new cooker and still figuring out the oven tempeture :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

I've made this a good few times now, it's become my go-to fancy cake. Pastry takes a bit of work and the first go of it wasn't great, but it's really rich so I'm glad I persevered! I brought it into work a few weeks ago and it was devoured and a few people there have tried it out since, so thanks a million!

I've made this a good few times now, it's become my go-to fancy cake. Pastry takes a bit of work and the first go of it wasn't great, but it's really rich so I'm glad I persevered! I brought it into work a few weeks ago and it was devoured and a few people there have tried it out since, so thanks a million!

Excellent stuff I am glad you enjoy it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I made this yesterday, it is absolutely gorgeous, all the guests loved it. I'll definitely make it again. So lemony! :)

Brilliant Ivy, glad to hear you like it so much :)

Advertisement