Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prop Repair

Options
  • 26-04-2012 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've been stupid and gone ahead and damaged my prop again:o

Last time I bought a new one , but due to funds I think it's better to get it repaired.
    Can someone recommend a place please?

Also am I just unlucky or do loads of people on here damage their props on more than one occasion......

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Not sure what part of the country you are but these are in Dublin http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/boats/2806694 they are cheep and do a good job and these are in Co wexford http://www.onestoppropshop.ie/ a better job for more money :D Sometimes it works out cheeper to buy a new solas prop than get one fixed so check out the prices.

And yes I have knocked a few props I'd say we all have. If I know that I'm going to be boating in shallow water or somewhere full of shopping trolleys like the liffey I use this prop :D
    048.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

thanks for them fergal,

so i'm not the only one to keep knocking chunks out of my props then, so it's common for other people too:D

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

I don't think your alone on this topic Tom , I usually ding one at some stage during a year if not two!!!
    And I'm sure many people here are the same due to river and lake runnning and launching and retrieving accidents (not that I'm admitting to the latter :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 masterchef

tearin_tom wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've been stupid and gone ahead and damaged my prop again:o

Last time I bought a new one , but due to funds I think it's better to get it repaired.
    Can someone recommend a place please?

Also am I just unlucky or do loads of people on here damage their props on more than one occasion......

Hi I can recommend this company, yacht agencies Wicklow his name is Rudi he has been repairing props for 20 years and very good price (0404) 32 294 well worth a phone call

Advertisement