Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hector Lombard signed with UFC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Yip wrote: »

cant wait for lombard vs silva

Awesome signing, but the above is a little premature I think. I'm just excited to see how he fares against any of the top 10.

Lombard won't get near Silva. He wouldn't take any of the top 10. Give him winner of Le-Franklin.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

Happy days, this division is badly in need of some new blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,123 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Was expecting this any day now.
    Good signing for MW

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

It's about bloody time!

There are only so many Trevor Prangleys and Niko Vitales you can beat!

He's 30+ fights into his career, 34 years old, and has still really yet to fight anyone!

Maybe they'll bring back over Babalu from SF and have him fight Lombard! I'd like to see that! (Although Babalu has done some scummy things in the past, i'd love to see him beat down Lombard!)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

now Zuffa have everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Well I love to see Judo in UFC however Lombard uses his punches far more than his trips. Bring it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

jayteecork wrote: »
    now Zuffa have everyone.

Not quite, would still like to see Mousasi in the UFC, even though he's not been totally amazing lately i still think he could get Top 3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Apparently Lorenzo Fertitta is also interested in Eddie Alvarez and tweeted to him introducing himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Eddie is a free agent and was selling his wares on MMAhour the other day. Liked his attitude said he would work for any organisation as long as they brought the cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭p to the e

scudzilla wrote: »
    Not quite, would still like to see Mousasi in the UFC, even though he's not been totally amazing lately i still think he could get Top 3

Agree would love to see Mousasi in there.

Lombard is an extremely powerful fighter and I think he'll smash up a good few opponents but I can't see him getting near the gold. He seems a bit too reliant on his power which a clever fighter with a solid game plan could work around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

Hector Lombard is going to severely beat down some of the best MWs in the UFC so bad he's gona get MMA banned! Total violence. He won't beat Silva but he's got 5 or 6 good fights in him... Palhares v Lombard would be so brilliant.

He's already fought a few of the down under fighters. Noke (draw), Te-Huna, Ebersole (two wins).
    A rematch with Noke seems to be the easy one to promote. But I'm not sure they'd stick aussie posters boy verses adopted aussie poster boy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Mellor wrote: »
    He's already fought a few of the down under fighters. Noke (draw), Te-Huna, Ebersole (two wins).
    A rematch with Noke seems to be the easy one to promote. But I'm not sure they'd stick aussie posters boy verses adopted aussie poster boy

Unless it's to headline an event over there ;);)

They've done wi you guys down under exactly what they done wit Europe, threw ya a bone wit some decent cards now you're on a few years of sub par crap

Unless it's to headline an event over there ;);)

They've done wi you guys down under exactly what they done wit Europe, threw ya a bone wit some decent cards now you're on a few years of sub par crap
    I know this years card wasn't as good as the previous two years but they've also got TUF:Australia vrs UK coming up, and prob the Finale at the end of the year in Brisbane. (Melbourne is still a no-go for the UFC)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Hector Lombard is going to severely beat down some of the best MWs in the UFC so bad he's gona get MMA banned! Total violence. He won't beat Silva but he's got 5 or 6 good fights in him... Palhares v Lombard would be so brilliant.

That would be a death sentence for Lombard. Put him in with someone he can bully in his first fight.

Imports have a nasty habit of not rising to the occasion in their first UFC fight.

Is Mousasi no longer under contract to fight for Strikeforce? His last fight in December was against OSP for Strikeforce no?

ArhIw7VCMAA2P8O.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Lombard is a good signing but realistically he wont be a threat to the title. His record is not particularly impressive. We can now finally see how good he is. I wouldn't mind seeing Belcher getting the first shot at him, if he beats Palhares.

Give him winner of Mayhem-Dolloway...
    That's a litmus test and a chance for either guy to make a name for themselves.
    Or either Court McGee or Luiz Cane (dropping to MW) they're all interesting fights and they're at the level he needs to enter at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Brian Stann up 1st it looks like
    Good matchup to see what level he's at
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/4/29/2987067/ufc-hector-lombard-vs-brian-stann-debut-dana-white-mma-news

brilliant... Stann would test anyone ! Lombard will eat him like a crisp sambo after a hunger strike

Lombard will eat him like a crisp sambo after a hunger strike

He's going to end Lombard's hype train like he ended Santiago's.
    Hope Lombard proves me wrong though.

I bet ya one 'hat eatin apology' if Stann can even hang with Lombards power. Lombard first round TKO (coz he knows full well that Stann is not title threat and stands in the way of Lombard and UFC respect)

Fair play to the UFC for giving him Stann. He could of easily been given a lesser guy to test the water.
    I'm hoping for a close one tbh

I bet ya one 'hat eatin apology' if Stann can even hang with Lombards power. Lombard first round TKO (coz he knows full well that Stann is not title threat and stands in the way of Lombard and UFC respect)

Greg Jackson is going to make sure Lombard only gets the smallest of chances to touch Stanns chin. This is going to be a frustrating fight to watch for fans.

Yeah yeah I know but there's only so much Greg can do.. if the take down doesn't come early, they'll end up in a dirty clinch on the cage and Lombard wil hip toss him even with only one underhook, hold him down and start the gorilla face drum, he's too strong for Stanns mid level guard. I actually think Stanns best chance would be stand and brawl... He's solid in the flurry, throws good punches I know he's out if gets clipped but better goin out on his shield than parrying and trying to stick jabs and leg kicks in a three round snore fight which wouldn't work anyway coz it'll just anger Lombard into inflicting a faceload of violence. Stann is the title challenge gate keeper, he'll never win it himself but anyone who seriously wants it has to get past him!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

The Ego Vs The Chin.

This should be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Lombard is far from a title threat. He has fought awful opponents. There is only one that is a title threat in the UFC MW division and that is Chael Sonnen. Also Stann has fought much better opposition and only lost once at MW and that was to Sonnen. Stann takes this fight by decision or late TKO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement