Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DJ Carey ill - Get well soon.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Wow, major suprise, hopefully he makes a speedy and full recovery. A true legend of the game indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

Wow, major suprise, hopefully he makes a speedy and full recovery. A true legend of the game indeed.

only 41...very young.

can only imagine the stress he has been under. terribly sad. stable now, so lets hope he makes a full recovery!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Good luck to him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

best wishes etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭eigrod

Best wishes DJ.

They can do great things now for heart conditions so hopefully all will be well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

Wishing you a speedy recovery DJ, shocked to hear the news and disgusted by some vicious rumours circulating already- no need. My favourite hurler of all time- the greatest in my opinion.. absolute legend. You came through so many battles on the field, no doubt you'll get through this difficult time off the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭skaface

Hope you are up and about soon, a gentleman and Hurling Legend

eldwaro wrote: »
    Get well soon to one of the greatest hurlers the pitch as seen...

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2012/0424/318326-kilkenny-legend-dj-carey-taken-to-hospital/

Currently said to be in a stable condition.

I'm sure regardless of colours, everyone wants a full recovery for one of the best known faces of the game

+1.

A generous guy with his time with regards to the game and definately one of the greatest i have ever seen if not the greatest. Pace, Vision, Technique, he had it all. Get well soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

These unexpected and sudden heart attacks on many young players is scaring me. Hope you make a speedy recovery DJ. A great player for KK in his time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭votecounts

Get well soon DJ, a nicer guy you couldn't meet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Really nice guy, hope he makes a full and swift recovery.

teednab-el wrote: »
    These unexpected and sudden heart attacks on many young players is scaring me. Hope you make a speedy recovery DJ. A great player for KK in his time.

DJ is a considerably active guy even long after his retirement too which makes it even more frightening. Likes the round of golf as much as he ever did.
    we can only really speculate as to what it is brought it on really at this stage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Hope he fully recovers. Obviously been under huge amounts of stress recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭megadodge

Just want to add my best wishes to a genuine gentleman, hopefully he'll make a full recovery.

I might add that he has been back playing top class handball for the last few years (won Masters doubles All-Ireland recently) so it wasn't as if he was just vegetating. Must be under huge stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭hurler on de ditch

megadodge wrote: »
    Just want to add my best wishes to a genuine gentleman, hopefully he'll make a full recovery.

I might add that he has been back playing top class handball for the last few years (won Masters doubles All-Ireland recently) so it wasn't as if he was just vegetating. Must be under huge stress.
    get ell soon dj the best hurler ive ever seen simply the best END OF

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Legend. All the best for a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Hope he gets better soon - seems very young to be getting a heart attack, especially for someone who still keeps himself very fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

frightening to read this....hope he makes a full recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

<Mod snip> Here's hoping he gets better soon.

Kilkenny legend DJ Carey is on the mend after health scare yesterday

today at 8:17 am

By this stage you’ve probably heard about poor DJ Carey. Yesterday afternoon Twitter went into overdrive as people started reporting that the hurling legend had been rushed into hospital. Scary stuff. The good news is that DJ is now on the mend following his scare.
    So what happened exactly? Well the Irish Daily Mirror reports that DJ was taken by paramedics to St Luke’s Hospital in Kilkenny city after he collapse in a Garda Station. Initially it was feared that the five-time All-Ireland winning hurler was suffering from a heart attack, but thankfully, further tests ruled this out and showed that his heart was okay.
    What caused Carey’s turn for the worst? Naturally enough there’s been speculation that mounting pressure in his financial and personal life is taking its toll on the hurler’s health.
    In fact, Carey’s scare comes just days after his former fiancé Sara Newman broke her silence on the pair’s shocking split.
    “I would wish DJ all the best and hope he has a speedy recovery,” said Sarah, speaking last night.
    Sarah recently revealed the extent of the couple’s money problems and explained how it was financial pressure that eventually caused their relationship to break down. She also said that it was DJ who decided to call off their marriage, which was due to take place at Mount Juliet in Kilkenny this July.
    In February of last year, DJ Carey Enterprises, Dublin Janitorial Centre and Alton Ltd, all associated with the hurler went into liquidation with debts of a massive €1.7million. DJ and Sarah were also issued with a court order to pay back a staggering €9.5million to AIB, which was owed for mortgages on three different properties that the couple owned.
    The beginning of Carey’s financial woes began when hundreds of thousands of euro went missing from the accounts of his business DJ Carey Enterprises.
    Last night, a number of GAA stars expressed their get well wishes to DJ on social networking website Twitter.
    “Terrible to hear, let’s hope he is back on his feet soon #legend,” tweeted Bernard Brogan.
    “Terrible news about DJ Carey. Hope for speedy recovery #legend #topplayer,” said Padraic Maher.
    According to reports, the nine-time All-Star was “comfortable” and recovering in Kilkenny last night.

http://Joe.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Martin567

Connorzee, can you at least amend your post above? The innuendo in the first line is completely untrue.

• Advertisement

look I heard this tripe yesterday too, and by use of common sense decided not the sully a get well soon thread with it.

officially speaking, the Gardai have stated he collapsed in public offices from a suspected heart attack. I don't believe it is anyones right to comment on any rumour other wise.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

This is a get well soon thread, not a speculation thread, lets keep it on topic.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭granturismo

Hope he recovers soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

get well soon DJ, legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

All the best DJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭rpurfield

legend of a hurler, sadly thats what the recession is doing to people these days the stress of the stuff going on with his business must be awful.get well soon dj

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Get well soon DJ,I think The Star could have toned back their coverage of this a bit,I think everyone knows the financial difficulties
    DJ has been going through as it has been well well documented already.

Get well soon DJ,I think The Star could have toned back their coverage of this a bit,I think everyone knows the financial difficulties
    DJ has been going through as it has been well well documented already.

anything with big red colouring around their title is worth avoiding when it comes to papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

eldwaro wrote: »
    anything with big red colouring around their title is worth avoiding when it comes to papers.

the same scum tabloids threatened to run stories of his family breakup the morning before an All Ireland Final so nothing surprises me with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Hope he gets well soon. A legend of the game.

Advertisement