Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Full Albums Thread

• 24-04-2012 4:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭ Dead Man Walking

Recently got back into listening to full albums again after years shuffling songs on youtube. There's a lot to be said for listening to a full album as the band laid it out, the tracks that made it on to it, the sequence they put them in. Youtube seem to be hosting a lot of full albums these days so there should be a good few to draw from.

I'll start with this beaut.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 Undergod

YES. Thank you.
    Sad thing is, artists don't seem to make full albums anymore because people don't listen to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭ Thundercats Ho

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭ Washington Irving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 Born to Die

^^^^^^^
    Is this still legal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭ Dead Man Walking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭ Flesh Gorden

Great idea for a thread

One of my own favourite albums that I could play on loop all day

No matter what you think of Jim as a person, it's a great band album and worth listening to from start to finish

Whoever uploaded this, did a bit of post production themselves adding extra reverb, phaser effect and lowering the pitch of the songs.
    It's the 40th Anniversary mix which has two extra two songs after 'Riders on the Storm' that don't really add to the album.

Great album for driving to, or if your guitarist to play along to.

It's the album that really made me fall in love with The Doors,
    and having seen the songs performed by the 'The Doors Alive' a number of times has made me love this album even more

The BBC showed a great documentary about the album about a month ago called 'Mr. Mojo Risin: the making of L.A Woman'
    Again well worth watching to get to get a better feel for the album as they go through it song by song.

another favourite

Picked it up in HMV years ago for €5,
    Almost didn't buy it as I only knew the two best known songs from the album 'Walk on the Wild Side' and 'Perfect Day'

Lyrically it's bonkers, and I love it for that fact alone
    Great melodies and production by David Bowie and Mick Ronson

Some more info:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformer_(album)

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭ woof im a dog

the old cliche of "we're not releasing any singles from this album because we want people to listen to it as a whole"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭ Jimmy Iovine

Great idea for a thread. Didn't realise so many albums were up there in full.

Up first is a classic. Nas was only 20 when this was released and he had been recording it for almost 2 years. There isn't a single weak track on it. 39 minutes of pure perfection.

This is probably my favourite album. Definitely the Chili's best album.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭ tonycombat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭ Superbus

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭ Paddyfield

The Smiths The Queen Is Dead

• Registered Users Posts: 937 Rud

This is my favourite album of all time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭ Augmerson

I don't know and haven't searched for these albums on Youtube, but I can say that Live - Throwing Copper, Crash Test Dummies - God Shuffled His Feet, Jimmy Eat World - Jimmy Eat World, Kerbdog - On the Turn, Sarah McLachlan - Fumbling Towards Ecstasy are some of my favourite full albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭ markesmith

Saul-Goode9, if I could thank you twice I would. Station to Station, Bowie's best album.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭ Ulysses1874

Maybe not to everyone's taste, but there isn't a single bad track on the album

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭ Thundercats Ho

Lived on this back in the day

• Registered Users Posts: 12,360 ✭✭✭✭ Rothko

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭ Jimmy Iovine

Howard Shore re-wrote the music from the three LOTR films to create "The Complete Symphony", which was released on a cd last year.

There are 6 movements, 2 for each film. It's nearly 2 hours long. A masterpiece. I think it's the best soundtrack from a film.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,856 paddy kerins

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭ MadsL

A few eclectic picks. Not a bad track on any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭ --Kaiser--

Howard Shore re-wrote the music from the three LOTR films to create "The Complete Symphony", which was released on a cd last year.

There are 6 movements, 2 for each film. It's nearly 2 hours long. A masterpiece. I think it's the best soundtrack from a film.

This is my favourite soundtrack (at the moment)

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭ woof im a dog

another classic the sequel is supposed to be out later this year

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Say Your Number

It's two years since Ronnie James Dio passed away

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 Charlie Haughy

cool thread, heres my contribution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭ strobe

What a kick ass, never say die, stone cold killer thread. I love you Dead Man Walking.
    Great thread concept, just...
    this-makes-me-happy-hedgehog.jpg

The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground and Nico
    The Velvet Underground & Nico is the debut album by American rock band The Velvet Underground and vocal collaborator Nico. It was originally released in March 1967 by Verve Records. Recorded in 1966 during Andy Warhol's Exploding Plastic Inevitable multimedia event tour, The Velvet Underground & Nico would gain notoriety for its experimentalist performance sensibilities, as well as the focus on controversial subject matter expressed in many of their songs.
    Though a commercial failure upon release, the record has since become one of the most influential and critically acclaimed rock albums in history, appearing at number thirteen on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time as well as being added to the 2006 National Recording Registry by the Library of Congress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,965 ✭✭✭✭ Shelby Famous Fashion

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭ callaway92

cool thread, heres my contribution

Had this on repeats for around 3 years. Favourite album ainec.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭ dexter647

One of the greatest and most influential metal albums of all time..

Advertisement