Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competitions (READ POST 1 FIRST!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭hotshots85

Most votes gets an i

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Gra246

hotshots85 wrote: »
    Most votes gets an i
    ........ ?? The anticipation is killing me!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭bazza1

Most votes gets an i

Could I have a consonant, please? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭hotshots85

Ha Sorry folks, was posting about a voting competition.

Its on Bluemoose.ie facebook page, most votes by tonight wins an ipad.

Only had my referral link so couldnt post it or id get a ban, feel free to check it out yourself with a search.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Gra246

Ha Sorry folks, was posting about a voting competition.

Its on Bluemoose.ie facebook page, most votes by tonight wins an ipad.

Only had my referral link so couldnt post it or id get a ban, feel free to check it out yourself with a search.

Totally understandable. Still funny though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭Gormal

tickets to a special screening of 'Dracula' in the Meeting House Square on the 26th October. ends Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 26 cassiedog

Hi there, I just found this thread, thanks for letting me in. My name is Cath and I started entering comps 2 weeks ago - need to get an ipad for my son for secondary school next year so thought I would try entering a few competitions - then got hooked!! I entered one with Gala - didn't win it but nearly died when I got an email from them saying I won a one4all voucher for €200. Any advice on sites would be greatly appreciated - I have tried competitions.ie, freeprizedraws.ie and facebook. Many thanks Cath. ps I will have to learn how to share a link of comps I find to pop on here as well.
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭smallgarden

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Does anyone know if free prize draws.ie is a scam? I never see recent comments from people who win? Has anyone here ever won anything ?

Irishchick wrote: »
    Does anyone know if free prize draws.ie is a scam? I never see recent comments from people who win? Has anyone here ever won anything ?

I've not won anything with them, been there for a long time too. Can't really be bothered with that site tbh. they are on facebook and have announced winners there but I don't really keep up to see if anyone actually say "yay I won"

Curious to see if any of the boardsies have won with them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

What is annoying is that there are several Facebook competitions run by businesses around the country offering quite valuable prizes(€100+) and which attract entries from people across the country, the businesses encourage as many people as possible to enter and yet, no matter how many entries they receive or whereabouts in the country the entries come from, the winner always seems to live in the same town or county as the business is based. I won't mention any names, but there is one particular business that has run 6 such competitions in the past few months, 5 of the winners were definitely local and the other was probably local.

I have no problem with local businesses offering small low value prizes like candles, which the winner has to collect as you know they are for local entries only. But in competitions with high value prizes, if the competition is intended for local people only, then they should say so upfront, instead of looking for nationwide entries and then selecting a local winner.

I've also noticed in general, that certain smaller counties seem far luckier, winning far more prizes than their population would suggest they should, with Clare and Waterford faring especially well.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Cadiel

Irishchick wrote: »

For some reason, I'm a bit suspicious of free prize draws.ie. Don't have any valid reason however, but I don't enter them anymore...

Hi there, has anyone entered the Irish Independent Cash Prize Promotion - it is a bit odd!! You send in your entry form with 5 tokens but reading the competition I just noticed that you are in with a CHANCE of winning - what does this mean. Also, some of the entry form are different from others i.e. some have left out the return address etc. Also, all entries have to be in by November 1st but the comp goes on all next year - wondering why this is, would they not try and get you to buy the paper for the year - curious x

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭lilminx

Hey guys

Just wanted to let you know that I had another win on facebook. Southern Comfort page and got a party pack with 3 bottles of Southern Comfort and a Jawbone Speaker.

I have been very lucky so far and have won some great prizes. I will give the advice to only do the facebook comps on well known companies. Some competitons out there are scams.

And have an email address specifically for entering comps or your junk mail folder will bury you in spam.

Good luck to all!

minx

*sent from another competition prize from microsoft* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Cal04

lilminx wrote: »
    Hey guys

Just wanted to let you know that I had another win on facebook. Southern Comfort page and got a party pack with 3 bottles of Southern Comfort and a Jawbone Speaker.

I have been very lucky so far and have won some great prizes. I will give the advice to only do the facebook comps on well known companies. Some competitons out there are scams.

And have an email address specifically for entering comps or your junk mail folder will bury you in spam.

Good luck to all!

minx

*sent from another competition prize from microsoft* :D

i am sooo envious, i haven't won a thing in months and believe me, i'm putting alot of time into it

• Advertisement

win €100 One4all voucher. vote for Shen Wong Jewellery, you have to like on facebook before you can vote

Bee Sting Facial Giveaway! ends 4pm 23rd

Win one of 3 Halloween Deluxe packages. Winner will be contacted on Thursday Facebook sweepstakes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 bashir300

I found a fantastic competition to win a trip to Brazil from a well-known Irish company but I'm not going to post it up here to increase my chances of winning ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭smallgarden

bashir300 wrote: »
    I found a fantastic competition to win a trip to Brazil from a well-known Irish company but I'm not going to post it up here to increase my chances of winning ;)

http://blog.edreams.com/win-a-trip-for-2-to-brazil/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,416 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

From contest rules (das link):
    2.- Place and Date.- The contest will take place on Facebook from the 22st of October, 2013 at
    12:00pm, until the 5th of November, 2013 at 12:30pm. The contest is developed for Spain but users
    from Spain, France, United Kingdom, Germany, Italy and Portugal can participate.

bashir300 wrote: »

Bad karma! Perhaps why is now banned :P

Win tickets to Chic and Nile Rodgers in Limerick this FRIDAY!

Win a HTC One

Chance To Win A Random SmartPhone Odd one, sounds a little dodgy? You decide

Win a Love Irish Food Hamper! RTE food have a daily comp this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

lilminx wrote: »
    Hey guys

Mad with envy! Is this contest still on? I'd *love* a Jawbone!

• Advertisement

win a €50 LIDL voucher! most creative halloween costume

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement