Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competitions (READ POST 1 FIRST!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Gormal

Yay, won a Siucra jam making hamper!

:D Well done, congrats! I just got Sky Lifetonics in the post from a comp, supposed to hydrate you and pep you up. Mostly for people who jet around. New thing that you can only get at the airports at the moment.

PS
    I won the Lidl vouchers thanks to the OP, collected them last week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

No wins yet from here :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

I won a pair of Monster headphones from currys and a cuisine de france picnic pack. Have been doing competitions daily for months now.

Win! Tickets to The Hit final tomorrow and a Sony Phone! Closes NOON tomorrow

This competition is open until 12pm on Friday August 30, 2013. Winners will be called on the number they provide between 12pm and 1pm. If you do not respond to any message left in this time, your tickets will go to the next randomly selected winner.

• Advertisement

Jo Nesbo is coming to Ireland this September and will be in conversation with Declan Burke in The Pavillion Theatre Dun Laoghaire on the 16th September. To celebrate the release of his new novel Police Easons have 5 sets of tickets for the event in The Pavillion Theatre to giveaway along with a copy of the book.
    To enter, simply answer the following question and then email us your answer, name, address and telephone number to competitions@easons.com before midnight Monday 9th September 2013. What is the name of the Oslo police detective made famous in Jo Nesbo’s novels?

Sam McCauley Fragrance comp ends Monday

Dolce & Gabbana The One Desire & Charm Bracelet!!
    Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme with Purse!!
    Boss Orange Feel Good Summer & Weekend Bag!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dazzling_jem

If you head over to the Easons Ireland facebook page you could win a €50 Fota Island Spa Voucher ends Monday They want you to like the page, but I think they must mean the post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

Gormal wrote: »
    If you head over to the Easons Ireland facebook page you could win a €50 Fota Island Spa Voucher ends Monday They want you to like the page, but I think they must mean the post?

Some Facebook comps specify that you like and share the PAGE as well as the post. It's worth looking out for this, as you're not actually entered until you do. I was caught by this a few times until someone pointed it out to me :(

Teagwee wrote: »
    Some Facebook comps specify that you like and share the PAGE as well as the post. It's worth looking out for this, as you're not actually entered until you do. I was caught by this a few times until someone pointed it out to me :(

How do you share the PAGE? It can only be liked, and when you share the post aren't you sharing the page that way. I only share the post and have won stuff. I think that's enough spamming without having to do anymore!

Win tickets to see LORD OF THE DANCE in Killarney winner picked 6th Sept

Win tickets to the Jameson Cult Film Club screening of Die Hard! From Average Film Reviews and RTE

Win a New Smooth Leather Pandora Bracelet and Charms ends 2 Sept

Win Orla Kiely eco-mug and handbag

Win a Set of 5 LED Light Bulbs ~ set of five MR -16/12V/ 3 Watt LED Light Bulbs in Warm White worth €8 each. Twtter required. Competition ends when they reach 300 followers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Win Orla Kiely eco-mug and handbag

Win a Set of 5 LED Light Bulbs ~ set of five MR -16/12V/ 3 Watt LED Light Bulbs in Warm White worth €8 each. Twtter required. Competition ends when they reach 300 followers.

Which they've done.

How do you share the PAGE? It can only be liked, and when you share the post aren't you sharing the page that way. I only share the post and have won stuff. I think that's enough spamming without having to do anymore!

Up beside the Like box is a Message box with a down arrow - there's a Share option there for the page. Only a few comps look for you to share their page, but I've seen them mention this and warn that if the page is not shared you won't be entered and you won't win.
    I agree that it's a spam too far, but that's the deal they want and they call the tune. I only share comps and pages with a 'like-minded' group of people (pun intended) so that I hold onto my non-comping friends :p

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭gopod

Up beside the Like box is a Message box with a down arrow - there's a Share option there for the page. Only a few comps look for you to share their page, but I've seen them mention this and warn that if the page is not shared you won't be entered and you won't win.
    I agree that it's a spam too far, but that's the deal they want and they call the tune. I only share comps and pages with a 'like-minded' group of people (pun intended) so that I hold onto my non-comping friends :p

I believe you have to share with everyone to be entered - not just with friends. Otherwise the promoter isn't able to see that you've shared. Can anyone clarifty this?

Which they've done.

No that's what/who they are following. They only have 36 people following them

gopod wrote: »
    I believe you have to share with everyone to be entered - not just with friends. Otherwise the promoter isn't able to see that you've shared. Can anyone clarifty this?

You can choose who you share with as long as you also put it on your own timeline. There's no way they can tell if you've shared it with everyone you know or a chosen number, especially as you can now restrict who sees your Friend list and the number on it.

• Advertisement

You can choose who you share with as long as you also put it on your own timeline. There's no way they can tell if you've shared it with everyone you know or a chosen number, especially as you can now restrict who sees your Friend list and the number on it.

Howjado that?

Howjado that?

Create a Custom List from your Friends of those you want to share comps with (I call mine Compers, funnily enough :P), then use that list when you share a post.
    You can hide your Friends list - instructions here https://www.facebook.com/help/community/question/?id=4930249138591

This says:
    By default, everyone can see who your friends are in the Friends section of your timeline. To change this setting: 1.Go to your timeline
    2.Click on the Friends unit (under your cover photo)
    3. Click the Edit button at the top of the page and use the audience selector to choose who can see your friend list on your timeline
    Remember that mutual friends will still be visible to others.

Unfortunately I don't seem to have any 'Edit' button at the top of the page, and can't find the 'audience selector'.

Aha, finally did it, instructions here:

https://www.facebook.com/help/www/115450405225661?sid=0ko636VPGKvFRkBdF
    Who can see the Friends section of my timeline?
    By default, everyone can see who your friends are in the Friends section of your timeline. To change this setting:
    Go to your timeline
    Click on the Friends section under your cover photo
    Click (PICTURE OF A LITTLE PENCIL) at the top of the page and select Edit Privacy from the dropdown menu
    Use the audience selector to choose who you share your friend list with on your timeline
    Note: People may see mutual friends when they visit your timeline. Your friends also control who can see their friendships on their own timelines. If people can see your friendship on another timeline, they'll also be able to see it in News Feed, search and other places on Facebook.

chance to win €150 worth of M&S vouchers! you have to complete a survey about vouchercloud.ie app

Win VIP tickets to see David Guetta live in Ibiza, ends 5th if you win you have 2 days to respond to the email.

If you sign up for the NewLook.com newsletter you could win clothes for a year £100 gift card every month!!

If you go onto Stuffster you could Win everything in your Wish List up to £250 (or $400)!

Carroll’s on facebook have All Ireland Senior Hurling final tickets and All Ireland Senior Football final Tickets

the Independent comps think the Toy hamper would be good for Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Cal04

I know that loads of people post comps here, thank you everyone, but can I just say a huge thanks to Gormal, I really hope you are winning lots, you deserve it with all the comps you post.

By the same token, many many thanks to Blondey for posting the Siucra hamper contest. It was so nice to get all those lovely goodies - bags of jam sugar, a wooden spoon (useful for any visitors who get out of line), gorgeous yellow oven glove, the cutest little wide-mouth funnel with measurements on it, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭gopod

• Advertisement

getcover.ie has a constest for trips to NY; in exchange, you have to sign up to allow them to email you around the date you're renewing your insurances

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement