Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competitions (READ POST 1 FIRST!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭Gormal

Win a Dell XPS 10 Tablet! this is a Pigsback comp which closes 22nd Feb 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭satziki

win a valentines chocolate hamper

http://drinkaware.ie/index.php?sid=12&pid=613

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

Win an iPhone 5 with Heinz.

http://bit.ly/TOWs2z

^ You can enter the iphone one daily :)

win €400 Heatons gift card at the one4all website

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

Win a break for 2 at the Europe resort Killarney

http://www.ireland-guide.com/competition/monthly-competition.77.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭satziki

what is the story with sites like freeprizedraw.ie and irishprize.ie etc?
    i've never entered competitions on them - is there some catch? are they subscriptions sites or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Whatsyourface

@satziki: I never won with freeprizedraws, but I don't think its dodgy. There's a lot of ads though! As for irishprize - i think that requires you to pay for texts sent/received. Of course, i could be wrong!

Another Boudoir Shoot comp. Closes Friday: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151251303982452&set=a.10150092225602452.273385.247894747451&type=1&ref=notif&notif_t=comment_mention&theater

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Still no car though! Funny - maybe those "win a car" contests are at a particular time of year every year. Mace Northern Ireland had one a month until December in 2012.

Win a Bryton Rider 50E OS GPS Ends: 6th Mar, 2013

Win an UCam247i HD camera Ends: 1st Mar, 2013

Facebook

WIN A €200 VOUCHER FOR One4All Ends 12th March 2013

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gonzo1

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pepperpixie

just curious you guys ever win any competitions?? No joking must have entered at least 150 i pad comps in the last 5 months, everytime i am silly enough to believe this one's got my name on it and am gutted when it doesn't. God life doesn't get much sadder than that!!!:rolleyes: but seriously as an experiement about 2 weeks ago i decided to enter every comp i could find prob about 20 at least per day most have closed and still not won anything, just curious to what the odds are or is there secret formula, fab forum on moneysavingexpert for comps unfortunately relates more to Uk than here, not been able to find anything similar here. Sorry mods, hope i've not been offensive to anyone just a vino or two to many and venting my frustration at lack of wins.
    Happy Valentines day

https://www.facebook.com/Dublintown.ie/app_309750729137790

Ipad facebook comp.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 kdarcy9

I won 3 iPads in the last 6 months all of which were on the radio...made me very popular around xmas time

kdarcy9 wrote: »
    I won 3 iPads in the last 6 months all of which were on the radio...made me very popular around xmas time

wow!!! :eek: That's amazing 3 of them!!!, I am trying the radio route too, but i guess lady luck just isn't shining on me at the moment :rolleyes:

I'd enter the radio ones, but they're always text-in contests, and any time I've entered those I end up getting premium-number texts in return that I don't know how to stop, and losing €10 or more. Never again!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 spade

One for the brides (or grooms) - €300 wedding cake

http://onefabday.com/devoted-to-cakes-competition/

Radio is the way to go - seriously!

Since I started working full time and listening to the radio as I work I've won over 5k worth of stuff! - Trips to the Euros, iPads, Concert Tickets, Hampers, Phones. Only ever stuff I'd want though!

A certain radio station gave away an iPad a day for 30 days a few months back - my place of work won 15 of them

Radio is the way to go - seriously!

Since I started working full time and listening to the radio as I work I've won over 5k worth of stuff! - Trips to the Euros, iPads, Concert Tickets, Hampers, Phones. Only ever stuff I'd want though!

A certain radio station gave away an iPad a day for 30 days a few months back - my place of work won 15 of them

Wow, well done you. But how do you know which stations to listen to?? Or do you track the comps on their websites first and then listen in until details are announced?

Well i'm from Dublin so I'd listen to ALL of the main Dublin stations (Q102, 98FM, Spin 1038, FM104) - Stay away from RTE/Newstalk etc - even though the prizes are better, the audience is much bigger and you have a much smaller chance.

You'll begin to learn how they're run the more you enter - what times to text, what to text. Great thing about Spin is it's 087 so free texts. Every other station is 20 cent a text so it's all about timing as to when the DJ is picking a winner!

Eddie Rockets Vouchers 30
    Westlife Pixie Lott Tickets x2 100
    Westlife Farewell Tour Tickets x2 120
    iPad 2 500
    iPad 2 500
    Euro 2012 Trip to Poland & Croatia match tickets x2 1200
    Fitness Hamper 100
    Noel Gallagher/Kasabian Marley Park Tickets x2 and Overnight stay in Hilton 220
    Belsonic Belfast tickets x2 and vernight stay in Fitzwilliam Hotel 300
    3 Course Dinner for 2 and Overnight stay in the Maldron 180
    David Guetta Marley Park Tickets x2 100
    Facebook Friday Cheque 100
    Yes Your Weekend Cheque 100
    Philips Media Player and Year Netflix Subscription x2 200
    Samsung Mini Phone 100
    Paddypower Free Bet 40
    Ireland Home Soccer Jersey 60
    Free Dominos Voucher for Any Pizza Any Size 20

2 Playstation Games and PS3 Hoodie 100
    Preview Cinema Tickets x 4 40
    Ireland v Slovakia Euro Qualifying Tickets x 2 80

Signed Ireland Jersey & 4 Premium Tickets to Ireland v Germany with President's Reception 450
    2 Tickets to Ireland Germany match 120
    350 Euro voucher for EatInDublin15 350
    Total 5110

Missed phone call from Q102 for cheque for 1,000

• Advertisement

iPad 2 500
    iPad 2 500
    Fitness Hamper 100
    Samsung Mini Phone 100
    Paddypower Free Bet 40

Signed Ireland Jersey & 4 Premium Tickets to Ireland v Germany with President's Reception 450
    Total 5110

Bloody Hell & Wow :eek: Am drooling over all your wins here!!
    Yup I tried the newstalk one for the ipads last week :( it's an ipad i'm really really really after, have everyone I know bored to tears about how much i want one!! Other comps i've started entering just to see if I can win anything and maybe get a roll of luck going, not quite convinced it's gonna work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

iPad 2 500
    iPad 2 500
    Fitness Hamper 100
    Samsung Mini Phone 100
    Paddypower Free Bet 40

Total 5110

Just as well that none of these radio stations seem to win run a black list then, for I know that Newstalk and TodayFM say in their competition rules that they may " restrict a particular listener from winning successive prizes on the station" and TodayFM say "To this end - we have compiled a winners database for internal office use only"

They all say they do - always in the T's & C's - in reality they don't and why would they?

Everyone has the same chance so why punish a regular listener by being black listed?

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭CiaranK

I know if you win something on Radio nova you have to wait 30 days before you can win again with them.

They all say they do - always in the T's & C's - in reality they don't and why would they?

If you want to know why would they stop the same people winning multiple prizes, I suggest you look at the GoHop.ie facebook page. The same people winning doesn't always go down well.
    Everyone has the same chance so why punish a regular listener by being black listed?

They aren't punishing the regular listener, what they are trying to discourage is, what you might call a 'professional type' competition enterer, who uses multiple phones/email accounts/facebook accounts/names to win every prize that is going and who probably never listens to the radio station except when there is a competition running. This is also why they try to stop people entering under false names. Radio stations run competitions to try to increase their listenership, but that won't work if the average punter feels he/she has no chance because the same people keep winning.

Well I don't use fake names (which you cannot do as you need to show ID on collection of a prize) or different numbers and I only have one FB...I have the same chance as everyone else..if I've won3/4 prizes off the one station in a 6 month period that's not much at all..they give away 3/4 prizes a day! To think one person won 4 of 700+ prizes available over 6 months is nothing to them

Win an Eastpak Trafik luggage set Ends: 31st Mar, 2013

Facebook

Avonmore Milk is giving away €500 cash & a hamper Ends: 28th Feb, 2013

Gormal wrote: »
    Win an Eastpak Trafik luggage set Ends: 31st Mar, 2013

For UK residents!

Facebook
    Avonmore Milk is giving away €500 cash & a hamper Ends: 28th Feb, 2013

Well I don't use fake names (which you cannot do as you need to show ID on collection of a prize) or different numbers and I only have one FB...I have the same chance as everyone else..if I've won3/4 prizes off the one station in a 6 month period that's not much at all..they give away 3/4 prizes a day! To think one person won 4 of 700+ prizes available over 6 months is nothing to them

If you read what I actually said, I never said you used fake names or did any of these things. I was just explaining why a radio station might want to stop one individual from winning too many prizes ? Admittedly, the bigger the prizes, the more keen they would be to have different winners and why they might use a black list to achieve this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

tweety76 wrote: »
    4 hampers from Torres wine to give away worth 100 euro each

http://www.houseandhome.ie/article/win-%E2%82%AC400-worth-torres-wine

Won one of these last week :) Thanks op :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement