Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beauty And The Beast Remake (CW)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

I actually rewatched the orginal series on Netflix last month, and the CW have a lot to live up to. The chemistry between Hamilton & Perlman was palpable from the get go, If Kreuk & Ryan manage to pull that off then who knows.
    Another thing... I somehow doubt the CW's "Vincent" is going to be full on Loin face.

Ugh, reading the comments from that link :(
    Vincent, who was once a unique, mysterious being with a gentle soul -Now he'll be a genetically altered hairy human super soldier
    and I bet it'll be a monster by night sort of thing. Le Sigh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Picked up to series, more info the follow :)

I knew the CW wouldn't have the balls to turn this Vincent into the Ron Perlman Lion face guy.
    They're going the whole military experiment "I get beastly when I'm angry" thing. So yeah, basically the Hulk.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,601 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The CW has made a series pickup of the contemporary reboot of the 1980s series Beauty and the Beast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Watched the clip from it.
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2012/05/17/first-footage-from-arrow-beauty-and-the-beast
    Not great quality, but the beast doesn't look like much.

Extended Preview Trailer

Jay Ryan who plays the "Beast" was in Neighbours and Sea Patrol so another Oz soap star doing well in the US

Oh no! What a beastly looking man! How could anyone fall for him?!?
    beautyjpg-440648.jpg

First eppy out now...

First eppy out now...

Great post Richard, any thoughts of your own on the episode?

• Advertisement

Great post Richard, any thoughts of your own on the episode?

I HAVEN'T SEEN IT....i'm just heads upping people like i do!

I HAVEN'T SEEN IT....i'm just heads upping people like i do!

Don't think people need a heads up that a show is now available to watcher. There are dozens of websites dedicated to keeping track of what shows are now available to watch. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything but you seem to post simply to watch your post count rise or else to try and annoy people with talk of ratings and how such and such a show only appeals ot the 35+ and not the coveted 18-35 bracket. Stuff that no one here has any real interest in.

Oh man, the critics weren't lying. This was truly ridiculously bad. I would be embarrassed if I were caught watching this and I watch a lot of crap, but this is just awful.
    On the positive side, the leads are really pretty people :/

DeWitt wrote: »
    Oh man, the critics weren't lying. This was truly ridiculously bad. I would be embarrassed if I were caught watching this and I watch a lot of crap, but this is just awful.
    On the positive side, the leads are really pretty people :/

Oh you're admitting that you watched it? Now you really should be embarrassed. :)

Seriously though, I was going to check it out but with all the bad reviews I'll just stick with what I'm already watching and be thankful it's a show I can take off my "to watch" list.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,004 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Is it as dire as the original series, i.e. low budget crap shot in semi-darkness?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭Riddle101

All I can think of when I think of Beauty and the Beast is this.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Is it as dire as the original series, i.e. low budget crap shot in semi-darkness?
    No, it's kinda Vampire Diaries/Gossip girlesque lookwise. I actually liked the original series(well season 1 and the first half of season 2).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,767 ✭✭✭squonk

Only caught the pilot so far but it wasn't terrible but not quite engaging also. The jury is out for a while on this but I'm wondering how long this will stay engaging?

Girl gets attacked and is getting a hiding.
    Beast appears, beats the **** out of attackers.
    Girl lives to fight another day, and solve case of the week.

I hope there'll be more to it than that.

CW has given it a full season pick up

I've not seen it but it does appear as its moving along to have gotten better + i see more comments on websites/forums over the weeks....due to the will-they-wont-they and love triangle.

I am passing on this though....

• Advertisement

I have stuck with it and is has gotten better imo and the leads have good chemistry

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I have stuck with it and is has gotten better imo and the leads have good chemistry

tissues at the ready then sans tonights ep. :(

Starts on Watch on Wednesday 16th of January at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭thegoodgirl

I just watched all 9 episodes over the weekend.
    TBH I really liked it but thats mainly because of the chemistry between the two leads.

I don't know how long that will keep me tuning in though, it will prob get on my nerves soon enough. All the will they won't they.

To me it seems like a mixture of Twilight and Buffy

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I know this is massively off topic and apologies for dragging the thread off-topic but does anyone know why Richard Dower was banned? I miss his TV Forum updates/posts.

OT: Didn't hear anything about it.

Against my better judgement I'm actually still watching this, I'm not sure why exactly because it's a real bit of fluff. Then again I'm a sucker for these forbidden love sagas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭cena

Anyone know what was the first song played in the first ep. Its just after the two guys come with guns

Seems to be earmarked for cancellation: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/02/24/bubble-watch-beauty-and-the-beast-likely-to-be-canceled-the-following-upgraded/170684/

I'm not 100% sure myself....its possible it might be shipped off to Friday with Nikita.........?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ms. Perfect

cena wrote: »
    Anyone know what was the first song played in the first ep. Its just after the two guys come with guns

Could be this one: Midnight City by M83

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭cena

Could be this one: Midnight City by M83

thats the one. thank you

Advertisement