Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you (or do you) own an arcade machine.

Options
  • 21-04-2012 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

From time to time I'll browse eBay to see what is around. Mostly its very old machines which I'm not interested in. I'd love to see something like Daytona USA for sale to see how much that would go for. I'd seriously consider a purchase if reasonable.

How about yourself?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No, no one here even knows what you're talking about....
    This is the Arts & Recitals Forum, keeps getting confused with the other A&R forum here, the brutes! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    No, no one here even knows what you're talking about....
    This is the Arts & Recitals Forum, keeps getting confused with the other A&R forum here, the brutes! ;)

Now now, just because your not allowed have one doesn't mean we should all disregard bragging rights :D

I've got a Tekken 3 cab & a Ridge Racer cab.

Next!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,859 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I've an Egret 3 candy cab myself(Jap arcade machine).

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

I have one , and I'm itching to get another (hoping to disguise it as a wardrobe so I don't get killed)

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

I was very lucky to pick up that alien 3 machine.. I also have a semi-working Moon Base cocktail

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I want a Robotron Cab, that's all, no Mame, no Neo Geo, just Robotron, is that too much to ask??

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭purplec

Naomi stand up
    Naomi stand up shooter
    Ridge Racer V stand up
    Sit down mame driver ex Sega Rally
    Electrocoin Jamma superman theme
    Carnevil
    Sega Lindbergh Project

I know someone who has a Daytona but its the woody version they might sell it, let me know if you want his number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Jaysus Purplec,That's some list of cabs..Nice.

I'm the owner of an Astro city and A Midway Killer instinct 2 cab.
    Really want a Neo Geo Cab next

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

So Far spread across to house :)
    Would love to ave one room big enough to see them all on at same time together. Some day, ill make this happen :)

Sega Last Bronx Cab - mame'd
    CockTail Cab - mame'd
    Sega Rally Twin
    MACE Cab (Current MVS1 slot Sidekicks, Puzzle Bobble and RASTAN PCB on the way for it)
    Operation Wolf 3
    Sega Virtual Striker
    Sega Naomi (Virtua Striker, NetDimm and Xbox 360 SSF4:AE)

Kev

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I only have one, that i built from my own hands with my own sweat and blood. like noah building the ark.. non of this buying a cab buisiness.. :pac:

• Advertisement

keithgeo wrote: »
    I only have one, that i built from my own hands with my own sweat and blood. like noah building the ark.. non of this buying a cab buisiness.. :pac:

Dexter much?? :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75332372&postcount=118

IMG_9716.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

ok.. there might be some other peoples blood in there too... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

kevin2me wrote: »
    So Far spread across to house :)
    Would love to ave one room big enough to see them all on at same time together. Some day, ill make this happen :)

Sega Last Bronx Cab - mame'd
    CockTail Cab - mame'd
    Sega Rally Twin
    MACE Cab (Current MVS1 slot Sidekicks, Puzzle Bobble and RASTAN PCB on the way for it)
    Operation Wolf 3
    Sega Virtual Striker
    Sega Naomi (Virtua Striker, NetDimm and Xbox 360 SSF4:AE)

Kev

Nice..Big up on the SSF4:AE...Thats mainly what I play on my astro city.
    Send me your Gamer tag and we can have a few games.
    Also swing over to fighting games forum for Lots of SF action

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'd like to eventially get one, but as it is right now I have no space for one and I don't think the mother would appreciate me replacing the dining table with an initial d cab :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I have a New Astro City cab loaded up with nothing but shooting games. :)

I would love a second cab but don't have the room right now. Maybe next year. Looking at an Aero City or a Cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

purplec wrote: »
    Sit down mame driver ex Sega Rally

That sounds pretty amazing and I'd love to do the same myself - do you have any pics or vids of it playing some random MAME driving games? Are the cab features like force feedback working with MAME?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,564 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

After seeing that pic someone posted of a Capcom Mini Cute recently, something clicked in my brain and I now want one. Always thought they were cool, but they never really registered that highly on the want list.

Seem really hard to come by though. I guess size wise, they're an easy one to smuggle into the house past wives.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If I had a few grand to spend on a dream purchase, I'm pretty sure I'd end up with one of these.

taikonotatsujin.jpg

If I had a few grand to spend on a dream purchase, I'm pretty sure I'd end up with one of these.

taikonotatsujin.jpg

Seriously?

Master of the Universe

So you can have any cab in the world, and you chose something obscure and bizarre like Taiko no Tatsujin?

You know, I've tried my best to stop with the hipster thing, but you're really not helping yourself :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

o1s1n wrote: »
    So you can have any cab in the world, and you chose something obscure and bizarre like Taiko no Tatsujin?

Of course: too many fond memories of playing it! Wouldn't call it all that obscure or bizarre at all - pretty much the only constant in modern Japanese arcades.

Egret would be nice too, of course, but if I had to choose one I'd go for something that's unique.

All this is purely hypothetical, but Taiko is one thing one cannot come close to emulating outside of Japan without a full cab build.

The possibilities...

Giant House Of The Dead Cab
    A 4 Player linked Virtua Racing Cab
    A twin sitdown electrocoin SF2 HF
    A Starblade Cab
    A Vector based cab
    Afterburner 360 Gyro Cab

Baically endless possibilities, & Sir Ultimate picks a pink bongo rhythm based cab? Ciderman surely has to bring the ban hammer out for this one :p

Master of the Universe

I wonder what hardware it runs on? Could you chuck another game PCB in there and try to play it with bongos?

tumblr_ltanxiOSTX1r4g5oto1_500.jpg

Of course: too many fond memories of playing it! Wouldn't call it all that obscure or bizarre at all - pretty much the only constant in modern Japanese arcades.

Egret would be nice too, of course, but if I had to choose one I'd go for something that's unique.

All this is purely hypothetical, but Taiko is one thing one cannot come close to emulating outside of Japan without a full cab build.

Even the Japs look down on that particular cabinet.
    It's for the kiddies to use, no?

Master of the Universe

They were probably all laughing at the silly gaijin playing the kids bongo game.

Only to turn around and continue their game of Boonga Boonga

boong-ga_528_poster.jpg

o1s1n wrote: »
    They were probably all laughing at the silly gaijin playing the kids bongo game.

Only to turn around and continue their game of Boonga Boonga

boong-ga_528_poster.jpg

Also known as "Pokebum, Gotta Poke em all".

EnterNow wrote: »
    The possibilities...

Giant House Of The Dead Cab
    A 4 Player linked Virtua Racing Cab
    A twin sitdown electrocoin SF2 HF
    A Starblade Cab
    A Vector based cab
    Afterburner 360 Gyro Cab

Baically endless possibilities, & Sir Ultimate picks a pink bongo rhythm based cab? Ciderman surely has to bring the ban hammer out for this one :p

Sure, hypothetically speaking I'd love a full Darius Burst: Another Chronicle cab. I'd have a nostalgia fit over a personal Silent Scope one. I could spend hours playing Afterburner, House of the Dead whatever.

But I'm also extremely fond of Taiko, and myself and friends (all of whom are not children, last I checked, to pre-empt that inevitable query) spent much yen on it on our travels around Japan. Given that all but the nichest arcades are largely devoid of shooter cabs (Hey, naturally, is different), it became our respite when we needed to play some videogames, and away from the smokey dungeons of the fighting games, where you'd just get your ass kicked online anyway before you even knew where your 100 yen had gone. Was a game even my hardcore videogaming friends and my non-gaming cousin were happy to play along with.

And yeah, I'd like to see a kid on Oni difficulty ;)

So yeah: for personal reasons I'd be very happy with a Taiko cab, as it's a very unique experience I have of my time in Japan. Don't really see what's so odd about that :confused:

I see it's more a personal thing, rather than what's already established as 'dream' like in the cab world. No arguing that I suppose, we're all different.

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    I see it's more a personal thing, rather than what's already established as 'dream' like in the cab world. No arguing that I suppose, we're all different.

Yeah, was honestly taken a little aback at the reaction!

Advertisement