Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new DFB fly on the wall documentary

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

source wrote: »
    If they ignored her, the stupid bint would have jumped down, possibly breaking her leg and being an even bigger drain on resources.

She'd probably make a claim against them too :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Now available on RTE player for anybody who missed it.
    http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=10046145

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭19hz

Hey,

Anyone know how to watch it from outside Ireland?...
    Can't get it on the ol RTE Player!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭480905

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Just a reminder that the second episode is on RTE 1 tonight at 20:30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

The HSE Ambulance Service really are the 'poor poor cousins' when it comes to staff numbers on scene at medical emergencies, this was very evident as per programme tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Thepredator

The HSE Ambulance Service really are the 'poor poor cousins' when it comes to staff numbers on scene at medical emergencies, this was very evident as per programme tonight.

Of course they'll be outnumbered when there's a fire tender in attendance. A fire tender won't always be available though, so I don't think you can come to any conclusions based on a thirty minute programme. It doesnt really matter anyway once the patient is getting the best possible treatment. Great programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Alrite Chief

Of course they'll be outnumbered when there's a fire tender in attendance. A fire tender won't always be available though, so I don't think you can come to any conclusions based on a thirty minute programme.
    Why would a fire tender not be available?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Medic475

Why would a fire tender not be available?

Good programme, was looking at it on the RTE player last night. The only fault I found was that it's only 23 minutes long according to the player. A minute takes up ad's I think! They couldn't even make it 30 minutes but then again it is RTE after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Of course they'll be outnumbered when there's a fire tender in attendance. A fire tender won't always be available though, so I don't think you can come to any conclusions based on a thirty minute programme. It doesnt really matter anyway once the patient is getting the best possible treatment. Great programme.

I think you'll find its the other way around.

An ambulance is regularly not available. A fire tender is always got from somewhere.

Crackcrack30's point is entirely valid. Outside of Dublin the same manpower is just not available to be dispatched to these cases.

The only resource at the scene of that arrest that would not normally be there is the doctor. The only reason she was there is that there was Advanced Paramedic interns in attendance. A doctor travels on the road with them during their initial training.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Medic475 wrote: »
    Good programme, was looking at it on the RTE player last night. The only fault I found was that it's only 23 minutes long according to the player. A minute takes up ad's I think! They couldn't even make it 30 minutes but then again it is RTE after all!

You'll find all TV channels will have 12 minutes of ad's a hour. All half hour programs are 23 minutes in length.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 colinjp

poor poor cousins ? how so crackcrack30? for the arrest it was a HSE ambo that arrived and there were at least three HSE NAS Paramedics on scene (not sure if the lady in the green hi vis was a doc or not on the AP car) , plus it was a HSE NAS ambo that transported the woman who fell out of bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

It was good to see the interventions carried out, at 17min where you see them pushing drugs IO is this a preferred method to IV? Presuming it may be quicker than finding a vein and gaining access, is it any slower or even quicker with regard to the uptake of the drugs to the heart ect?

colinjp wrote: »
    poor poor cousins ? how so crackcrack30? for the arrest it was a HSE ambo that arrived and there were at least three HSE NAS Paramedics on scene (not sure if the lady in the green hi vis was a doc or not on the AP car) , plus it was a HSE NAS ambo that transported the woman who fell out of bed.

I don't know who or how many were at the arrest scene (I lost count at 9), but you are very lucky sometimes to get backup where i work, also urban area, this if available would comprise of solo AP or solo doctor or a crew of two paramedics, so at most you would have 4 on scene in a similar situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

follow up to an earlier question this series is not available to view on RTE player outside ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 18 colinjp

I understand what your saying ive worked arrests where there was no back up, but I think sometimes three or four are enough coz your not gonna fit more than four in the back of an ambulance travelling with an arrest, plus if they switch every few mins , then effective cpr is still going on. Either way a good show, well done to all involved keep up the good work.

colinjp wrote: »
    I understand what your saying ive worked arrests where there was no back up, but I think sometimes three or four are enough coz your not gonna fit more than four in the back of an ambulance travelling with an arrest, plus if they switch every few mins , then effective cpr is still going on. Either way a good show, well done to all involved keep up the good work.

The ambulance return usually consists of two in the back (working), one driving, and one to return second vehicle.......

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

5500 wrote: »
    It was good to see the interventions carried out, at 17min where you see them pushing drugs IO is this a preferred method to IV? Presuming it may be quicker than finding a vein and gaining access, is it any slower or even quicker with regard to the uptake of the drugs to the heart ect?

The decision to go the IO or IV route is down to the individual AP. Both routes deliver the medication into the system at the same rate.
    IV access can be difficult in a 'flat' person. Obese persons can also present the AP with IV access difficulties.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Another good episode last night, bit of an eye opener with the ambulance case where the guy was out of his bin and restrained, loved how the paramedic wasn't phased at all as if its the day to day norm!

Also at the end where the ET was sent to Bray, is that a common occurance or part of the catchment area?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

In case anyones interested,some kind soul has uploaded the first series of D-Watch to Youtube:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

In case anyones interested,some kind soul has uploaded the first series of D-Watch to Youtube:

Excellent for a me as I would have only been about 6 or 7 but looking back at the video, you can see how much things have changed. The pre smoking ban, laughing here the lads sparking up not a bother in the station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Jesus that fire in the house where they pulled out the unconcious man was bloody scarey and sent a chill down my spine. Especially when you hear the pure panic and desperation in the 999 call. Great job to the crews who do this stuff, they really dont get appreciated enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

been ther done that,part of the job

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭kirving

Brilliant job indeed. He was pulled out about 5 minutes after the call came in which was unbelievable!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭St. Leibowitz

Saw a documentry years ago about the NYPD ESU high line rescue squad.

The lost a member when a rope broke during a rescue, and they said that since then all ropes used to support a human are only used once, and then used for other purposes or destroyed. Not sure how true that is. Sounds over the top, because in mountaineering etc. ropes are re-used. Also, there should always be a safety line as well as the primary.

What's the situation in the DFB ?? How are ropes inspected and approved for use / re-use ?? How often are they used ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Does anyone know where I can get this series online or DVD? It doesn't seem to be on RTE player.

Advertisement