Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spices

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,166 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

hardCopy wrote: »
    The unsmoked stuff I normally get in tesco and lidl is made from bell peppers, no heat at all. I usually combine it with black pepper to replace chilli in recipes.

I just discovered the smoked stuff and want to get a similar "sweet" smoked version.

Can anybody recommend somewhere in North or central Dublin where I might get it?

I'd say Fallon and Byrne would be a good bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I'd say Fallon and Byrne would be a good bet.

Didn't think of them, I'll probably drop a blinkin fortune now!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭frisket

Gbear wrote: »
    It's fierce expensive though.

40g of garam massala for €3.85.

It's about €1 for 100g of each of the component parts in my local local indian (or somewhere else in that neck of the woods) news agent.

Mace and black cardomom are a little harder to find but I'm sure they have them in the English Market.

Also: Spice Town at 16 Uam Var Ave, Bishopstown, Cork, T12 HWX3 which is my local go-to for all spices now.

That's a lot of cinnamon in proportion to the rest of the ingredients, but whatever floats your boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm sure they got sorted in the intervening eight years...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Dial Hard wrote: »

I still use Khan's on North Main Street in Cork.

Since this post was made I've moved to London. lived there for 3 years and then moved back home again.

I made a little visit to Khan's when I got back and got about 100 quid's worth of spices. Still have a good chunk of it over a year later.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭frisket

Dial Hard wrote: »

I'm sure they did, but creating new findable information as a matter of record is important.

Advertisement