Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 Killarney Darts Festival

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

ONE WEEK TO GO !
    All players entered for the Killarney Festival please note the following check-in and starting times for all competitions:-

Friday, October 19th.
    Ladbrokes Irish Masters
    Check-in between 4.30pm and 5.45pm. Starting at 6.30pm.

Saturday, October 20th.
    Gleneagle Hotel Players' Championship
    Qualifiers: Check-in between 7.30am and 8.30am. Starting at 9.00am.
    Direct: Check-in between 9.30am and 11.00am. Starting at 12 noon.

Sunday, October 21st.
    John McEvoy Gold Dart Players' Championship
    Qualifiers: Check-in between 7.30am and 8.30am. Starting at 9.00am.
    Direct: Check-in between 9.30am and 11.00am. Starting at 12 noon.

John McEvoy Silver Dart Ladies' Singles
    Check-in at 11.00am. Starting at 12 noon.
    John McEvoy Bronze Dart Youths' Singles
    Check-in at 11.00am. Starting at 12 noon.

Please note that any player not checking in on time will be eliminated and will not be allowed to play.

A Strict Dress Code with apply to all players in all competitions.

DRESS CODE:

The following Dress Code will be implemented in all competitions at the Killarney Darts Festival next weekend :-

NO Jeans, Corduroy Trousers, Track Suits, T-Shirts, 'Football' Jerseys, Runners, etc. etc.
    Players must be respectably dressed and wearing a Collared Shirt, Dark Trousers and Black Shoes.
    Any player not adhering to the Dress Code will not be allowed to play.

ALSO - Players not checking in on time WILL be eliminated.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

The checkin's Saturday and Sunday morning are going to be torture, heck I nearly missed last years and that was for a noon starter

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DeadlyH83

Just wondering where are the qualifiers being held on each morning and what time will they end?
    Will there be a ladbrokes again taking bets on the darts?
    When will the list of pro players competing come out?
    What is involved if you want to play Andy Hamilton?
    Thanks alot

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

Just wondering if the one companion per player is still allowed behind the barrier on the Sat & Sun and if allowed to enter what the cost is for that companion is, and where the wrist band can be got for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

DeadlyH83 wrote: »
    Just wondering where are the qualifiers being held on each morning and what time will they end?
    Will there be a ladbrokes again taking bets on the darts?
    When will the list of pro players competing come out?
    What is involved if you want to play Andy Hamilton?
    Thanks alot

My opinions :)

They are held in the main hall, where the pro event will take place and they will finish before noon.

Yes and sure they will take bets on anything

Thursday is the last day for direct entry

Win your qualifiers and hope neither get knocked out until ye meet, preferably in the final
    Just wondering if the one companion per player is still allowed behind the barrier on the Sat & Sun and if allowed to enter what the cost is for that companion is, and where the wrist band can be got for them.

I assume it is for either qualifiers of direct entries and its free. People staying in the hotel get hall entrance for free(if booked over the phone and requested), probably can haggle at hotel check in for free hall entry. The bands are available when the direct entry check in, I never qualified but I think they are handed out to the player at the oche after his final qualifier game

In answer to some of the queries above - - -

Timings and dress code as per posts no. 32 and 33 above.

Competitors and residents on the Gleneagle Hotel Complex will have free entrance with wrist band into the INEC and Ballroom for the Irish Masters, Qualifying competitions, Pro Tours and Ladies' and Youths' Singles.
    There will be a restricted area for Direct entrants and Qualifiers for the Pro Tour events on Saturday and Sunday and they will be allowed one guest each into this area on the ground floor of the INEC.
    Wrist bands will be available at the Box Office at the INEC from 1.00pm on Friday and 7.00am on Saturday and Sunday.
    Player registration for the competitions will be at a PDC-controlled separate desk.
    Players are requested to arrive as early as possible to avoid qeueing.

Entries for the Irish Masters, Pro Tour qualifying competitions and Pro Tours Direct are now CLOSED !
    Entries for the Ladies' and Youths' Singles competitions will be accepted in the INEC up to 5.00pm on Saturday.
    NO ENTRIES ACCEPTED ON SUNDAY !

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DeadlyH83

stylie wrote: »
    They are held in the main hall, where the pro event will take place and they will finish before noon.

But where do all the pro players and direct entrys practice for the morning if the qualifiers are in the main hall?
    Thanks looking forward to another succesfully ran weekend!

[QUOTE=But where do all the pro players and direct entrys practice for the morning if the qualifiers are in the main hall?
    Thanks looking forward to another succesfully ran weekend![/QUOTE]

There will be a separate practice room available for the PDPA members and Direct entrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭DartBhoy1888

Anyone seen an entry list for pro tours in Killarney? Not on pdc website yet..

• Advertisement

Anyone seen an entry list for pro tours in Killarney? Not on pdc website yet..

The list of players for the two Pro Tour events is now up on the PDC website - - http://www.pdc.tv/page/NewsdeskDetail/0,,10180~2951729,00.html

Completely ignorant of the set up.

If myself and a couple of friends just want to drop in for 2 or 3 hours Sat or Sun afternoon to get a glimpse of some of the superstars, is this event sold out usually or will there be tickets available there and then? If so, what's the best time to get a fleeting glimpse of the great and the good? Frankly I just want to get a pic with Steve Beaton! But have never been at an event like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

Completely ignorant of the set up.

If myself and a couple of friends just want to drop in for 2 or 3 hours Sat or Sun afternoon to get a glimpse of some of the superstars, is this event sold out usually or will there be tickets available there and then? If so, what's the best time to get a fleeting glimpse of the great and the good? Frankly I just want to get a pic with Steve Beaton! But have never been at an event like this.

just head out at any time,you can just pay at the inec box office to get in.
    the players when they are not playing will usually be just hanging about, most of them are very approachable,i got a few nice pics with my young fella out there over the years

Cheers Chalkie, presume landing in at 4 or 5 would be a good time to get a couple of hours? We must be getting sensible, sent a few texts out and my friends are 'yeah, but can't stay late/can't drink/match tomorrow".

Cheers Chalkie, presume landing in at 4 or 5 would be a good time to get a couple of hours? We must be getting sensible, sent a few texts out and my friends are 'yeah, but can't stay late/can't drink/match tomorrow".
    you'd want to go out earlier than that to be honest conor,
    by that time it will be down to around the last 8 or so and a lot of the players could be gone.i'd go out around 1 or 2 myself(if i wasnt stuck minding kids that is:mad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭pudzy

GARY ANDERSON warmed up for the Players Championship double-header in Killarney by winning the Ladbrokes Irish Masters on Friday night.

The Scot defeated Colin Osborne 6-1 in the final of the non-ranked event, which carried a €5,000 first prize, and he also saw off Kim Huybrechts, John Henderson and Brian Woods in the latter stages.

Osborne's run to the final included narrow wins over Ian White and Derby rival Jamie Caven, who had impressed in Championship League Darts' Group Six on Thursday.

Woods saw off Wayne Jones and Alex Roy on his way to the semis, with Joe Cullen joining Roy, Henderson and White in the quarter-finals.

The event was the first at the INEC as part of the Killarney Darts Festival, which continues with the Gleneagle Hotel Players Championship on Saturday and Sunday's John McEvoy Gold Dart Classic Players Championship.

Ladbokes Irish Masters
    Last 16
    Gary Anderson 4-3 Kim Huybrechts
    John Henderson 4-3 Damien O'Driscoll
    Alex Roy 4-2 MArk Webster
    Brian Woods 4-3 Wayne Jones
    Colin Osborne 4-1 Arron Monk
    Ian White 4-1 Dave Chisnall
    Joe Cullen 4-3 Joe Murnan
    Jamie Caven 4-3 Simon Whitlock
    Losers €250

Quarter-Finals
    Gary Anderson 5-1 John Henderson
    Brian Woods 5-4 Alex Roy
    Colin Osborne 5-4 Ian White
    Jamie Caven 5-4 Joe Cullen
    Losers €500

Semi-Finals
    Gary Anderson 5-2 Brian Woods
    Colin Osborne 5-4 Jamie Caven
    Losers €1,250

Final
    Gary Anderson 6-1 Colin Osborne
    Winner €5,000
    Runner-Up €2,500

Have been to a good few sports events, lots of football matches here and abroad, golf, GAA etc.

Don't think any has come close to the crack we had today.

At the start was kinda a bit unsure, we were going up to Anderson, Hamilton, Burnett, Newton, Van Gerwen, Webster, the Pieman, Dolan etc. and politely asking for photos. Nice crowd, Thornton and his wife insisted we went out for a fag with them. A few pints in and we were arm in arm with Chisnall, Woods, Roy, Beaton, Winstanley - the first 3 of those were whooping it up. Spoke to Beaton, my favourite player for over half an hour, really nice fellow, though have to break it to the wife that he's threatening to stay at ours for next years tournament! And Colin Osbourne was in great form, posing for the most ridiculous pics being lifted off the ground etc. Peter Wright very pleasant too, though he was winning all day.

Couldn't get over how generous they all were with their time, buying drink etc.

For a tenner in, it was outstanding, can't think of another sport where one would get such access to the stars and who give so much time...the only downside is now we like so many of them, we'll hate to see them beat each other in the televised tournaments! Thanks Chalkie for the pointers, was a live event novice till today.

Have been to a good few sports events, lots of football matches here and abroad, golf, GAA etc.

Don't think any has come close to the crack we had today.

At the start was kinda a bit unsure, we were going up to Anderson, Hamilton, Burnett, Newton, Van Gerwen, Webster, the Pieman, Dolan etc. and politely asking for photos. Nice crowd, Thornton and his wife insisted we went out for a fag with them. A few pints in and we were arm in arm with Chisnall, Woods, Roy, Beaton, Winstanley - the first 3 of those were whooping it up. Spoke to Beaton, my favourite player for over half an hour, really nice fellow, though have to break it to the wife that he's threatening to stay at ours for next years tournament! And Colin Osbourne was in great form, posing for the most ridiculous pics being lifted off the ground etc. Peter Wright very pleasant too, though he was winning all day.

Couldn't get over how generous they all were with their time, buying drink etc.

For a tenner in, it was outstanding, can't think of another sport where one would get such access to the stars and who give so much time...the only downside is now we like so many of them, we'll hate to see them beat each other in the televised tournaments! Thanks Chalkie for the pointers, was a live event novice till today.
    glad to hear thet ye had a great day out there conor:)
    it nearly killed me not being able to get out there myself(i live 5mins from the glen)ive played in it every other year,the last game i played was against Mickey Mansell with Adrian Lewis chalking it!!
    ive gotten clearance from herself to go out tomorrow,so im looking forward to a good day myself:D

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

Great to hear Conor74 had a great experience today in the Gleneagle. I've attended this event a few times and always had great weekends there. This is my 2nd year in a row missing it sadly,last year my local team played the County Final on the same weekend as the darts and I'm working this weekend!

A great darts event and much much better that the farcical carry on that goes on in the CityWest.

Good weekend & darts so far. Two good winners. Some great games. Didn't do too well in my own gamed so far but today another day.
    Some Pro's arrived looking tired after a week of internet darts at Crondon ... especially Thornton but are giving their all. They're very patient too. Kevin Painter who's not always the most patient of guys missed a lot of doubles to beat Stevie Grubb and left the board pretty angry with himself. He hadn't got 10 feet before a young lad stuck a sheet of paper under his nose for an autograph. Being a Pro thru & thri he smiled his best smile and signed and shook hands with all concerned. Nice touch.
    Damien O'Driscoll continues to chalk up big wins against PDC players adding Anderson to his list of victims yesterday winning 6-2. Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 GSXR_GUY

Great event if your playing or a guest and have the right colour band to get passed the barriers...No good for the 4 of us that went down yesterday stuck behind barriers with no clue what was going on...It was like watching a hurling match from the carpark!!!!

Van Gerwan threw something special today, his performance against Caven in the semi were the best darts i've ever seen.
    Whereas i felt privileged to see it up close,it made realise how many million miles away my own darts are.
    a good day was had though,met a few lads that i didnt meet for years,had a few beers and a good laugh.
    looking forward to next year:D

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

Good to see Van Gerwen keeping up his winning ways.

Fair play to all concerned. It isn't easy run such a big event in the current economic climate. I hope it continues. Well done to MVG too. He could have taken the weekend off after The Grand Prix but I'd say just loves throwing darts. At a best of 20/1 with Coral's for the world champs he's definitely worth a tenner.

GSXR_GUY wrote: »
    Great event if your playing or a guest and have the right colour band to get passed the barriers...No good for the 4 of us that went down yesterday stuck behind barriers with no clue what was going on...It was like watching a hurling match from the carpark!!!!

Not a very fair comment on the situation that applied at the weekend Festival.
    It was well posted on Facebook and on this thread {see post #38}that the two Pro Tours on Saturday and Sunday would be sectioned off with access only for the players and one guest each.
    The Irish Masters on Friday was open to all spectators.
    The pro players mingled all weekend with the darts fans and stood in for photos and signed autographs for everybody.

Dartgod wrote: »
    Not a very fair comment on the situation that applied at the weekend Festival.
    It was well posted on Facebook and on this thread {see post #38}that the two Pro Tours on Saturday and Sunday would be sectioned off with access only for the players and one guest each.
    The Irish Masters on Friday was open to all spectators.
    The pro players mingled all weekend with the darts fans and stood in for photos and signed autographs for everybody.
    Also the barriers came down for the semi's and finals and it was sit where you like

The Ladbrokes Irish Masters was won by Gary Anderson who defeated Colin Osborne 6 - 1 in a magnificent final.

Results here - http://www.pdc.tv/page/NewsdeskDetail/0,,10180~2954028,00.html

The award for the Best Irish Player in the Masters went to the 2011 Ireland Players' Champion, Damian O'Driscoll {Cork}.
    Damian reached the last 16 of the Masters and was unlucky to lose 4 - 3 to John Henderson.
    He continued in great form in the Pro Tour event on Saturday when he defeated Gary Anderson before losing to Robert Thornton in the last 32.

Are there other events on this island as sociable as that?

Have thought about going to the worlds or PL before but presume at those events there is no mixing given the thousands at them.

Are there other events on this island as sociable as that?

Have thought about going to the worlds or PL before but presume at those events there is no mixing given the thousands at them.

You wont get as up close and personable with the players at any other event(except other pro tour events,but there are no more of them in Ireland)
    City west isnt bad as you will bump into players around the hotel during the day.
    ive been to a few PL games and you wont get anywhere near the players there, id highly recommend city west,but would advise going early in the week as you'll get to see a lot more and its less crowded,for craic City west is hard to beat:D

• Advertisement

DOUBLE SCOTCH IN KILLARNEY !

Peter Wright made it two wins for Scotland on the first two days of the Killarney Festival when he defeated his fellow countryman, Robert Thornton, in the final of the Gleneagle Players' Championship at the Gleneagle Hotel/ INEC on Saturday.

Results here - - http://www.pdc.tv/page/NewsdeskDetail/0,,10180~2952656,00.html

Advertisement