Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fiscal Treaty Megathread [Poll Reset]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

DB10 wrote: »
    vote yes for jobs

until voting closes. lol might as well have kenny cunningham as taoiseach

He defended Ireland better than any of the muppets in dail eireann!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

No more budget cuts were suffering enough.
    agreed. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

i worry for the future of this country seeing posters here. the youth of today is being slowly eliminated. we need these people for the future of the country.

The people who leave would most likely be more open to the EU than the no voters, not the type of people who hang around and vote no and never seem to better themselves and who talk about the working class when they don't work...the type who vote for the ULA who have answers for nothing, heard on the radio that they talked about the collectivisation of farms, please why aren't these people not leaving the country, anti Europe, anti any one who owns anything, they are the sort of people that drive people away as they are suppose to be an alternative but have nothing at all to offer the country, so then we only have the option of FG, Labour and FF and even SF are slowly trying to make themselves more mainsteam.

The ULA like to tell us it is the poor who voted no, thank God we don't have the ULA in power or we would all be poor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

K-9 wrote: »
    As Scoflaw points out the €11 Billion is absolutely worst case scenario, the whole fund is used which is looking very possible and it is all defaulted on, unlikely atm. If we do get to that well, €11 Billion will be just another concern as the situation will have moved into different territory!

This €11 Billion and the 5% cut in debt seem to have been the 2 biggest misunderstandings on the No side.

This is the political viewpoint of the Mod who just infracted me (again) for supporting the "no" side in a way he didn't like! :rolleyes:

Never mind that the statement is complete and utter rubbish!

It appears that only one side of this debate is allowed to express themselves strongly.

K9 previously banned me because he thought my arguments, which he obviously disagreed with, were "not up to the standard expected".

Seems standards here are judged by whether they agree with the Mod's political bias.

Kinda makes a farce of boards and explains why the readers vote 2-1 "no" while the posts run 4-1 "yes"!

The "No" side gets banned by "Yes" supporting Mods. Welcome to North Korea :mad:

Wild Bill wrote: »
    This is the political viewpoint of the Mod who just infracted me (again) for supporting the "no" side in a way he didn't like! :rolleyes:

It appears that only one side of this debate is allowed to express themselves strongly.

K9 previously banned me because he thought my arguments, which he obviously disagreed with, were "not up to the standard expected".

Seems standards here are judged by whether they agree with the Mod's political bias.

Kinda makes a farce of boards and explains why the readers vote 2-1 "no" while the posts run 4-1 "yes"!

The "No" side gets banned by "Yes" supporting Mods. Welcome to North Korea :mad:

You'll probably get another 'holiday' for that one, Bill.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The young people of this country have been let down by ageist and thuggery by successive governments in silencing them.

Just look at the brutal assaults against protestors in Corrib or the students who dare question the Assad Kenny regime.

You mean when they filmed themselves provoking the gardaí day in day out for 5 years and the best they could obtain was a broken car window after blocking a road? You should try dealing with police in other countries and then see how our Gardaí compare.
    Elections on thursdays to make sure the young don't have a voice.

No-one is stopping them from registering at their college residences. The elections are announced well enough in advance so you can change your address if they throw a curveball and set a day you didn't expect. Student unions even run initiatives to help people through the process. Living away from Mammy and Daddy has never stopped me from voting.
    Reduced jobseekers allowance to only 100 quid a week for under 25 year olds, while the older get 188 euros a week, nearly double what the young people are entitled to.

The older people have already become dependent on the dole and it's harder to wean them off it. The jobseekers allowance is reduced to discourage schoolleavers from falling into the same pit.
    Is it any wonder half the country under 30 have emigrated from this ****ehole.

I'm amazed they managed to organise themselves enough to get on the plane given they can't even register themselves to vote.
    FG/FF hate young people. Because they can.

Unfounded persecution complex. Though everyone hates a whinger.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yep, it must be that. It couldn't be a problem with what you posted. No sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Dont drag up mod actions from a different forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Is it just me or is there a higher amount of nutters around today than usual for AH?

dvpower wrote: »
    I worry for you Gerry if you think those job losses are in any way connected to the referendum results.

The only possible connection is in the delay in reporting them, if announced a couple of days ago it could have been seen as a political stunt.

As it is, I expect that there are a large number of job cuts in the pipeline from various sectors due to the continuation of the downturn.

• Advertisement

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Is it just me or is there a higher amount of nutters around today than usual for AH?

Define 'nutters' for me....

The only possible connection is in the delay in reporting them, if announced a couple of days ago it could have been seen as a political stunt.

As it is, I expect that there are a large number of job cuts in the pipeline from various sectors due to the continuation of the downturn.

So where does 'a yes vote for jobs and stability' come into play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Bank Holiday Fridays are usually quiet for me and my donkey's at the vets . . . . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

gerryo777 wrote: »
    Define 'nutters' for me....

Lets have a referendum for you, if the people vote for the definition you disagree with, you'll probably think that's them.

Where To wrote: »
    Bank Holiday Fridays are usually quiet for me and my donkey's at the vets . . . . . .

How is he?

Lets have a referendum for you, if the people vote for the definition you disagree with, you'll probably think that's them.

LOL:rolleyes:

gerryo777 wrote: »
    So where does 'a yes vote for jobs and stability' come into play?

It doesn't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Tym

Elections on thursdays to make sure the young don't have a voice.

I voted. People who are 18 are usually in college, or working or gmit etc, and the places don't close till 10...I have actually no idea why you couldn't vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

It was announced that it was in the pipeline a while ago.http://www.tssa.org.uk/en/Ireland/national-news/index.cfm/iarnrodeireann
    The reason IR are going broke is because of high train fares and the free passes for OAP's as well as high wages of its employees. Nothing to do with the Fiscal Treaty.

The No side who are sore losers are fast running out of excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

gurramok wrote: »
    It was announced that it was in the pipeline a while ago.http://www.tssa.org.uk/en/Ireland/national-news/index.cfm/iarnrodeireann
    The reason IR are going broke is because of high train fares and the free passes for OAP's as well as high wages of its employees. Nothing to do with the Fiscal Treaty.

The No side who are sore losers are fast running out of excuses.

are you 10 ?

not a sore loser at all , i participated in a democratic vote , the way i voted lost this vote , i abide by its result

but so should the voters who voted yes , because not matter what gloss or spin you put on it , this nations fiscal independence is now the way of the dodo - so when your finished your victory parade please reflect your hand in signing away part of sovereign nationhood , the outcome may be beneficial, but does not change the fact that we are less of a nation than we were yesterday

enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

dj jarvis wrote: »
    are you 10 ?

not a sore loser at all , i participated in a democratic vote , the way i voted lost this vote , i abide by its result

but so should the voters who voted yes , because not matter what gloss or spin you put on it , this nations fiscal independence is now the way of the dodo - so when your finished your victory parade please reflect your hand in signing away part of sovereign nationhood , the outcome may be beneficial, but does not change the fact that we are less of a nation than we were yesterday

enjoy

Oh the ironing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

And you're calling us stupid?

What a top notch and witty reply.

Go on, tell me I'm wrong? I never said all, but a large portion of the Irish population are total muppets when it comes to politics or economics.

Heck, my own Father came home yesterday, proudly declared he voted no. Upon being asked why, he said: ''I'm not giving my money to the banks''. Sound logic right there, totally relevent to the treaty too.

Reasons some people were voting no?

''I don't like Enda Kenny''

''No Moaaar taxes''

''F*ck this Government''

I'm glad this is all over with now. I'm fed up of hearing how voting No will magically save our country. I was reading through some comments on Facebook, and saw a gem something along the lines of:

''If we vote No, we don't have to worry about reducing our deficit''

The 'lolz' were had by me. It really irked me that people thought voting No meant no more austerity. Are you for real? Voting No would have totally demolished the country. Borrowing billions after 2014 @ 6/7%? Ah sure, be grand they said!

So yeah, a lot of Irish people need to wake up and smell the coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

John.Icy wrote: »
    What a top notch and witty reply.

Go on, tell me I'm wrong? I never said all, but a large portion of the Irish population are total muppets when it comes to politics or economics.

Heck, my own Father came home yesterday, proudly declared he voted no. Upon being asked why, he said: ''I'm not giving my money to the banks''. Sound logic right there, totally relevent to the treaty too.

Reasons some people were voting no?

''I don't like Enda Kenny''

''No Moaaar taxes''

''F*ck this Government''

I'm glad this is all over with now. I'm fed up of hearing how voting No will magically save our country. I was reading through some comments on Facebook, and saw a gem something along the lines of:

''If we vote No, we don't have to worry about reducing our deficit''

The 'lolz' were had by me. It really irked me that people thought voting No meant no more austerity. Are you for real? Voting No would have totally demolished the country. Borrowing billions after 2014 @ 6/7%? Ah sure, be grand they said!

So yeah, a lot of Irish people need to wake up and smell the coffee.

I agree, voting no for those reasons is DUMB, dumber than dumb and a waste of a vote, which is something I value very strongly!

My stance was a no vote, not because I wanted to "stick it to the man" my no stance was based on the fact that I read the treaty, took me ages, cos I read it over a period of days so I could understand it. And part of it I didn't disagree with, like reducing the deficit etc; But from my understanding (whether right or wrong) was that basically Germany sat at the top of a triangular table and would pass on the scraps to who ever didn't piss it off. That what will now happen, fiscally at least, we are now a Federal Europe and THAT is my No stance.

Now anyone can say I misunderstood the treaty, BUT I took the time and effort to read it, digest it, and use it to make a decision.

But I do have to say, both sets of campaigners fucked it up. The threats and total bullshite coming from the yes campaigners was just deplorable, and the drama queen antics of the No campaign could have earned them a Razzie nomination!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I voted what every way I felt was a reasonable choice. Though felt force to vote the way I did I think it was the most sensible choice given for the state of affairs here in Ireland and overall in the EU. I'd vote the opposite way sinne fein would vote anyway and would vote not just cause of the government but that I'd agree with a certain party over another.

Ireland be more sustainable within the 'Yes' vote which has been a success. Not surprised by the margins between yes and no but there seems to be a bit of a divide.

What ever the outcome will be for Ireland after the 'Yes' vote Ireland are probably in a better position but have some chance of growth and jobs but then again the country will probably have to undergo another bail out can't see that no happening. It would happen again whether or not our final vote was yes or no. What ever the vote outcome I don't think it would change much in terms of a bail out it probably still happen. We are trying to save the country and for generations to come.

Damned if do damned if we don't but suppose, a yes outcome will hopefully be the better long term option than a quick fix short term option of no yet they is still a strong no vote out there so yes has shown to the Government the country's stance on a strong no vote despite a yes outcome.

As soon as I looked at the voting card I knew what to vote once I spotted 'european' 'monetary' 'economic' that what we were voting for was something important and a big deal as well as advisable to go for a yes vote.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

doovdela wrote: »
    As soon as I looked at the voting card I knew what to vote once I spotted 'european' 'monetary' 'economic' that what we were voting for was something important and a big deal as well as advisable to go for a yes vote.

Mind blowing.

'cat' 'biscuit' 'hat' 'door'

flash1080 wrote: »
    Mind blowing.

'cat' 'biscuit' 'hat' 'door'

:/

You obviously haven't studied business or economics then? Are you trying to be funny or you bored by what I said, just those words stood out when I saw the voting card as I hadn't fully decided how to vote!

Basically Ireland would sink or swim then depending on the outcome of the vote?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

I voted NO for the following reasons:

I didnt like Articles 32 -36 of the treaty (three quarters way down page)

I read some convincing articles by David McWilliams and Constantine Gurdgiev.

I listened to broadcasts by Nobel prize winning economist Paul Krugman, David McWilliams, Constantine Gurdgiev, Declan Ganley; and most lately, economists Michael Taft (Unite trade union), Professor Terrence McDonough (NUI Galway) and academic Dr Andy Storey (UCD), who all advocated a no vote in the referendum.

I found the yes side's arguments unconvincing

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I didnt like Articles 32 -36 of the treaty (three quarters way down page)

That wasn't the Treaty you were voting on but how and ever.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

I know. That Gerry lad was over egging the pudding just a little bit.

Advertisement