Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

God of War Ascension

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Moved to main games category!

It's a PS exclusive though?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

COYVB wrote: »

It's a PS exclusive though?

Game discussion goes in the Games forum. Plus it will likely get more traffic.

I've only played GoW III myself so I'm not too hyped for this one. I downloaded the HD remake of the first in from PS+ last week so if I enjoy that I will pick up Ascension when it drops in price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

just watched rev3games review of the game and adam sessler was disgusted with a part in the game where
    kratos stomped a womens face in and ya get a trophy for it called bros before hoes.
    it is quite disgusting to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

80% so far on metacritic. not sure if ill bother with this at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

sweetie wrote: »
    80% so far on metacritic. not sure if ill bother with this at launch.

is 80% not good enough these days:confused::D

i might :eek:RENT:eek: this :D haven't rented any game in years now but with dead space 3 and tomb raider out just a few weeks before hand I cant get the money to spend on another game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

biggebruv wrote: »
    is 80% not good enough these days:confused::D

i might :eek:RENT:eek: this :D haven't rented any game in years now but with dead space 3 and tomb raider out just a few weeks before hand I cant get the money to spend on another game.

70% is **** and 80% is kinda alright.

I never got into God of war, it came out at the end of the PS2 and even though I have a PSP I never bothered with those games either but I got GOW1 off Plus and bought as they were heavily discounted.

When ever I get around to it I play them and get this game and 3 afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm kind of tempted by this cos it has the demo for the last of us(apparently)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Don't forget guyzz!

Modern%20Review%20Scale.png?m=1301365291

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Ascension's multiplayer seems to be where all of the development effort went. While that is all well and good, they really should have spent more time on the single-player as that is what most people will be buying it for.

I wrote a review for it here. The multiplayer saves it from being decidedly average IMO.

I think I might go for this. I've really been enjoying the free god of war off plus, so I'm well up for another go.

• Advertisement

Plays better than it did in the demo, unless thats just my imagination. And it looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/03/15/god-of-war-ascension-update-to-nerf-trial-of-archimedes

So they first announce the patch to change the name of a trophy and now they're planning a patch to make a part that people have complained about easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

CastorTroy wrote: »
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/03/15/god-of-war-ascension-update-to-nerf-trial-of-archimedes

So they first announce the patch to change the name of a trophy and now they're planning a patch to make a part that people have complained about easier.

That's disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

From the sounds of it, the section has a ridiculous difficulty spike. I'm all in favour of a challenge but any game thats just bad design when the rest of the game is challenging and they throw that at you.

That said, I do hope they still leave it in so people can try it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

CastorTroy wrote: »

Whats the problem??

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

NinjaK wrote: »

Whats the problem??

I think in the IGN review they said that it's so hard that in some cases, it is actually impossible to avoid being killed in it, no matter how good you are. If certain things happen, you'll die no matter what you do. And the difficulty isn't in keeping with the rest of the game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Penn wrote: »
    I think in the IGN review they said that it's so hard that in some cases, it is actually impossible to avoid being killed in it, no matter how good you are. If certain things happen, you'll die no matter what you do. And the difficulty isn't in keeping with the rest of the game.

yeah I know but they are fixing it

I think its the suggestion that they should have to 'dumb' their game down, so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

cloud493 wrote: »
    I think its the suggestion that they should have to 'dumb' their game down, so to speak.

I dont really have a problem with ridiculously difficult or badly designed sections getting a patch. One of my friends is playing it and said the same the difficulty goes through the roof on that section, challenging is good, annoying to the point you want to smash your joypad off the wall is bad game design.

I think it would be just good to have the option. I'm not saying I'm great at playing games but would still like to play a game as it was originally intended.
    I've seen people comparing it to the towers from the first game, I think. But I don't remember them being hard. I suppose what could make it hard is if it's a gauntlet type scenario where it takes half an hour to get halfway through and if you die, you get sent back to the beginning. That would be annoying so adding checkpoints would be good.

• Advertisement

there's a few annoying parts in the other games as well, like that one in the first game where you have to kick a crate or something up a hill while being attacked, and another with a conveyor belt. grrrr.

krudler wrote: »
    there's a few annoying parts in the other games as well, like that one in the first game where you have to kick a crate or something up a hill while being attacked, and another with a conveyor belt. grrrr.

Not forgetting the rhythm game in 3

This gets a massive thumps up from me. Really really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

krudler wrote: »

I just played that section last night for the very first time. It was simply maddening. Who thought that was a good idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

This should arrive in the post for me early next week. I'm curious about this difficult section of the game that was patched after release. Gonna start the game offline to see exactly how "hard" it is. Its not impossible, right?

I just played that section last night for the very first time. It was simply maddening. Who thought that was a good idea?

The crate and hill section, twas indeed. the rest is great though but that section drove me nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Wheres the cheapest place to get this? Gamestop was €60.

Use GameStop's trade in deal, get it for 30 :rolleyes:

Johner wrote: »

theyre really milking hmv being gone, every new release is 60 quid now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Johner wrote: »

Gamesnash.ie have it for 49.99 incl delivery. Usually get in 1 to 2 days.

http://gamesnash.ie/ps3-all-new-games-c-58_28/god-of-war-ascension-ps3-p-2656.html

Advertisement