Advertisement
MODs please see this information notice in the mod's forum. Thanks!
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

Ecology/environmental biology

Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭ Demonical

Hi there, I am just wondering if anyone knows the difference between an ecology degree and an environmental biology degree. Can you do the same things with both degrees.

Comments

• Well I'm NO expert, but I would say you could do very similar things with those degrees, although obviously they would have different strengths.

I'm doing Plant Science at the moment, and I would share ecology classes with people doing Environmental Science. As far as I can see, Ecology focuses on the dynamics within ecosystems whereas Environmental studies would focus more on human influence. But both would share many aspects and would incorporate each other. You can't understand an environmental issue without having information about the ecology of it, whereas an ecological issue would be influenced by environmental factors.

You should probably consult the degree descriptions in the prospectus for the courses you're looking at in order to gain a better view on it.

Advertisement