Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lloyd Alexander?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭salysol

rugbyman wrote: »
    Salysol,

if it is the zy one, I may be interested if you do not buy it.
    there was another for sale in Cork about a year ago, much work needed but intact.
    Regards rugbyman
    Rugbyman, i have located the blue lloyd in the pic if you PM me i will give you his no .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I was trying to track those down for you but you seem to have beaten me to it, are both cars split up now?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭mattroche

For all you Lloyd Lovers, There is a Alexender for sale in Enniscorthy, Ph. No, 085 889 3389. It is in classic& cars.co.uk. It is not priced. If any of you go to Google.Uk. and Google Lloyd Alexender, Wikipedia have a load of information about this great little car. I hope this is some help.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I was trying to track those down for you but you seem to have beaten me to it, are both cars split up now?
    yes kev they are still together.

mattroche wrote: »
    For all you Lloyd Lovers, There is a Alexender for sale in Enniscorthy, Ph. No, 085 889 3389. It is in classic& cars.co.uk. It is not priced. If any of you go to Google.Uk. and Google Lloyd Alexender, Wikipedia have a load of information about this great little car. I hope this is some help.
    Thats mine,i put that ad up to try and source parts,i have found in the past ,if you put a wanted ad up you get zero replies,but when you advertise a vehicle for sale,people come out of the wood work with spares.
    and it is working,i have located 5 in Ireland 2 in the uk,so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

salysol wrote: »
    mattroche wrote: »
    Thats mine,i put that ad up to try and source parts,i have found in the past ,if you put a wanted ad up you get zero replies,but when you advertise a vehicle for sale,people come out of the wood work with spares.
    and it is working,i have located 5 in Ireland 2 in the uk,so far
    Starting to scratch the surface then?

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Starting to scratch the surface then?
    So it seems Kev, there's a good bit of stuff on ebay germany at the mo but it looks like they could end up way out of my price range,but i am keeping an eye on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Some pics of the Lloyd minivan I took in the Autostadt Museum in Wolfsburg last year, someone posted pics of a similar one earlier. Note this is an early model, due to a sheet metal shortage after the war the frame is wood and the panels are plywood. The spare wheel is inside the car on the right btw.

GermanyMay2011112.jpg
    GermanyMay2011113.jpg
    GermanyMay2011114.jpg
    GermanyMay2011115.jpg
    GermanyMay2011116.jpg
    GermanyMay2011117.jpg

That is a very nice minivan,what are the chances of coming across 1 of those.
    Thanks for putting the pics up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 bigmark39

If anyone is interested in Lloyd's, DKW's, Trabant's, Wartburg's and all other two stroke cars ever made, there's a cracking new book on the subject below.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/3343396?cid=3343396&&utm_nooverride=1

• Advertisement

bigmark39 wrote: »
    If anyone is interested in Lloyd's, DKW's, Trabant's, Wartburg's and all other two stroke cars ever made, there's a cracking new book on the subject below.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/3343396?cid=3343396&&utm_nooverride=1
    Yes I saw that on DD no use to me mines a4 stroke, the first of the lloyds were 2strokes

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Old thread lock

When you bring back a thread from 2012 then it will contain broken images and possibly stale content from users that have left.
    Feel free to start a fresh thread if you like with your comments.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement