Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleep In Rollers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

CherrySue wrote: »
    I've put up a post about them, ladies, with results pics, if you fancy checking it out...l
    Insomnia rollers lol :D

In fairness, they do take a bit (more than 2 goes) to get the knack of them. I wrote them off on the first try as i went to bed with my hair too damp and it was a total "reefing them out of my head" disaster the following morning. By the 3rd go, i was flying. Yes, you wont get the most comfortable sleep of your life but they have to hold their basic shape in fairness, otherwise whats the point. I'll put up with A LOT for nice hair tbh :o:p

Ive used these when i want a nice "hair down" day for work that doesnt involve GHD'ing for 20mins in the morning.Yawn! Im far too lazy. For a saturday night out, its a hot roller jobbie for me. My old school box of hot rollers are the business but take 30mins to heat up properly. I have thick hair so while the curl drops a lot, it does hold shape very well compared to fine hair so im relucatant to recommend these to every hair type.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Have mine in now, think I put to much hairspray in my hair and didn't brush it through before putting inn the rollers but hoping for the best.

Used all 20 in my hair!

I did get 2 packets tho so will prob sell the other, full set of 20 brand new for €20 and can meet in town if anyone is interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

CherrySue wrote: »
    I've put up a post about them, ladies, with results pics, if you fancy checking it out... http://www.cherrysuedointhedo.com/2012/07/sleep-in-rollers-anything-but-sleep-in.html

I did wonder if that was you when I saw the user name - love your blog - read it regularly :)

Forgot to post results..

Well I blow dried my hair straight, then had to run to the shops in the rain so by the time I was putting them in my hair was no longer straight, and quite big/frizzy, with quite a bit of curl at front and underneath (damn Irish weather!).

But I put them in anyways, with nothing but allot of hairspray, and had a grand nights sleep (I have a feeling they will get squishy-er the more you use them), so no complaints there :)

Took them out in the morning and my hair was huge! Lovely and curly at the front, big and bouncy, and nicely slightly curled at ends. Loved it!

Now my hair is very long (just past my bra strap) and very thick/curly (needed all 20 rollers, could have done with 22 but didnt want to open the other packet I bought), and it also has practically no layers at the back, only very long ones and a few at the front..

But I thought they were great! I must use them again with freshly blowdried hair, and I would love to see them after my next haircut when I get a few more layers!

EDIT : Also the results seemed to last all day! Much longer then I would get out of my normal heated rollers or babyliss big hair hairdryer. However, my hair didnt stay perfect, becuase I was out in the misty rain again so it got a bit frizzy/big, but nothing too bad and that was not the fault of the rollers, just the weather again! But I can imagine that if i had a hood or umbrella with me my hair would have stayed perfect all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

As I don't sleep with rollers in
    I have just been blasting them with hairdryer. I am so tempted to by this http://www.beautyfeatures.ie/Products/1458-sleep-in-rollers-hairdryer-hood.aspx
    Any opinions?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Millem wrote: »
    I have just been blasting them with hairdryer. I am so tempted to by this http://www.beautyfeatures.ie/Products/1458-sleep-in-rollers-hairdryer-hood.aspx
    Any opinions?

I was thinking of buying one also as I find it hard to get a good sleep with the rollers in...if you get it before me let me know if it's any use. I'd say it is though.

tan11ie wrote: »
    Any opinions?

I was thinking of buying one also as I find it hard to get a good sleep with the rollers in...if you get it before me let me know if it's any use. I'd say it is though.

It looks amazing! I am hoping salon savers get it so I can buy it vat free!

Don't think they have them...they had a vat free yesterday...but sure if they get them they have the vat free days often now :)

Don't think they have them...they had a vat free yesterday...but sure if they get them they have the vat free days often now :)

Just checked their Facebook and they don't do these rollers but similar ones, so I doubt the have the hoods. I showed my mum the hood and she said the were all the rage back in the day! Lol. Do you reckon it would work best with damp or dry hair?

Just checked their Facebook and they don't do these rollers but similar ones, so I doubt the have the hoods. I showed my mum the hood and she said the were all the rage back in the day! Lol. Do you reckon it would work best with damp or dry hair?

Lol I know all the aul wans used to use them!! I'd say damp would work best.

• Advertisement

Lol I know all the aul wans used to use them!! I'd say damp would work best.

Just got an email they are €11.50 wholesale from distinct distributions (in bray) and bun rings (which I am soooo tempted by) are €6!

Just got an email they are €11.50 wholesale from distinct distributions (in bray) and bun rings (which I am soooo tempted by) are €6!

Can you not get bun rings in penneys and most chemists? I think they're about €2 in penneys

PlayGirl wrote: »

Can you not get bun rings in penneys and most chemists? I think they're about €2 in penneys

They are not the same, these ones are MASSIVE!! Check out YouTube clip
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u1ztf0Zt7vQ

Good price! Can't find a web page for them - Bray is too far for me....do they deliver??

Those are fantastic! How would they look with curly hair I wonder? Couldnt find any youtube clips with it.. Dont fancy the idea of straightening my hair just to put it in a bun

Good price! Can't find a web page for them - Bray is too far for me....do they deliver??

Yes! I don't think I have ever ordered from them before (but I don't know how they got my email). Their site is pretty bad tbh, i will give them a buzz tomorrow and let you know. Hopefully you don't have to buy
    In bulk!

Those are fantastic! How would they look with curly hair I wonder? Couldnt find any youtube clips with it.. Dont fancy the idea of straightening my hair just to put it in a bun

I'd say it would be nice...messy and nice :D

Aren't they fab! I wanted to have our hair in them for bridesmaids but the other bridesmaids think they are too severe! I think they are actually sliming on the face. I am going to get clip in extensions for them as you will need loads of hair to fill them!

Aren't they fab! I wanted to have our hair in them for bridesmaids but the other bridesmaids think they are too severe! I think they are actually sliming on the face. I am going to get clip in extensions for them as you will need loads of hair to fill them!

I have a wedding coming up soon ...think I'll buy one and try it out. The velcro roller place sell the plaits to go around the bun too :)

Would love to get one of the buns! 20€ on the website is too expensive for me tho, especially probably needing extensions..and bray is very far :(

• Advertisement

Would love to get one of the buns! 20€ on the website is too expensive for me tho, especially probably needing extensions..and bray is very far :(

€12.40 here + free shipping. Is your hair short? I don't think extensions will be needed ...i'll let you know how I get on with it.

€12.40 here + free shipping. Is your hair short? I don't think extensions will be needed ...i'll let you know how I get on with it.

that's the medium one though? I think I'd prefer the XL.. My hair is quite long!

4.99 here.. Not sure how much P+P is though

The reason extensions are needed is because of the thickness. I bought a large one in terrisales when i first got my velcro rollers and my hair doesn't come close to covering it! The large one I have is probably only 1/2 if not 1/4 the size of the one I want (like you tube video) The best place for clip ins is Linda's hair extensions in town €40 for 3 strips. They will last you a good year if you take care of them! They are amazing at matching up colours. Half the time i dont even realise people are wearing her extenstions. If you look at you tube clip holly has lovely long and thick hair but still needs clip ins!

The girl in the clip said she was using a medium size one...you would want some mop to cover the large!

The girl in the clip said she was using a medium size one...you would want some mop to cover the large!

The one I have is only from terrisales not the same as YouTube clip. It is way way way smaller than you tube one but was labelled as a large size.

I wonder could you use the hood when using a deep conditioning treatment like they do in hairdressers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Where is the cheapest to get these now? Are they available in any chemists or stores around Cork? Thanks in advance:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

lindtee wrote: »
    Where is the cheapest to get these now? Are they available in any chemists or stores around Cork? Thanks in advance:)
    A tenner for 10 seems to be the going rate as far as i can see, havent seen them cheaper anywhere else yet.

• Advertisement

I've a new set of 20 that I'll sell for 15€? Bought two packets by mistake :o

In Dublin btw,:)

Advertisement