Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro12: Leinster vs Edinburgh, RDS, 13th Aprill, KO 7:45pm TG4/BBC Alba

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Didn't see the game but that's a fair tonking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

Brewster wrote: »
    Some precision passing and finishing by Leinster tonight... What a game awaits us in Bordeaux...

I think we all are well aware the French clash will be chalk n cheese compared to tonites lame opposition. Sorry to be cruel re my appraisal but the Bordeaux clash will be a snake pit awaiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭CouchSmart

Didn't get to see the game fully (damn time zones!) but that's a really great win. Was a little nervous we wouldn't seal the deal on the top spot - it happened to us 2 years ago were we just couldn't close the deal until the final game.

Great to hear Madigan got MOTM (or was it Nacewa?). He's really coming on. Improving with every game and getting game time in all the big games too. Really is starting to look like we'll have Ireland's 1 and 2 outhalf for the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Clegg wrote: »
    What pleased me most was Mc Grath and Moore doing well in the scrum.

We may not be completely screwed when Ross retires.

That moore lad is some lump of meat! Did very well in the one scrum I saw him in. The th side ploughed through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

CouchSmart wrote: »
    Great to hear Madigan got MOTM (or was it Nacewa?).

Madigan got television MOM and Nacewa got the sponsor MOM. If that makes any sense.

• Advertisement

Madigan has an unbelievable pass on him. Pace, step, cross field kicks. A huge armoury.

One caveat. This wasn't a match for grinding it out. I'd like to see him improve more in that scenario. Because sometimes you need to ROG it...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

CouchSmart wrote: »
    Didn't get to see the game fully (damn time zones!) but that's a really great win. Was a little nervous we wouldn't seal the deal on the top spot - it happened to us 2 years ago were we just couldn't close the deal until the final game.

Great to hear Madigan got MOTM (or was it Nacewa?). He's really coming on. Improving with every game and getting game time in all the big games too. Really is starting to look like we'll have Ireland's 1 and 2 outhalf for the next few years.
    Madigan got RDPro12 MOTM while Nacewa won the Cityjet Most Valued Player Award which is done for all home games and selected from Leinster players.

For those of you that missed the game. Enjoy some of the tries.

two trys? Game finished 5-7?

wtf highlights!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Leinster7

Leinster B-Team were sensational. I think we will win the double this year with ease. Still the best in Europe. Bring on Clermont!

• Advertisement

two trys? Game finished 5-7?

wtf highlights!

Like I said. SOME of the tries. What? You wanted to see all of the tries? Don't be greedy.

EDIT: Go onto the Leinster website Emmet. Its up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Leinster7

To be fair Leinster are playing some really crap teams who are beaten before they get on to the pitch. They do play some lovely rugby but when they come up against a side who will compete savagely at the breakdown they are vulnerable to turnovers and conceding penalties. They do play great rugby though and only for them the Pro12 would be crap to watch.

12 first line changes for Leinster from last wkd.
    5 for Edinburgh (who beat Toulouse)

...and we run up 50 points.

Its because we play the best style of rugby with skill, confidence and accuracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Just back in from the game now. Great win, especially considering the number of kicks we missed. It was great to see us push on even after the game was won.

Thought Toner, Jenno, Heaslip, Madigan, Ferg (kicks aside), Kearney and Isa were really very good today. But for the whole love in re Madigan it must be said that some of his kicks from hand were quite poor. And Fergs defense for the Edinburgh try was sloppy. If he was going to shoot out of the line he needed to do so quickly and take his man. The hesitation created the opportunity.

Great too to see the younger lads come in and do well. McGrath and Moore held their own well in the scrum and Reid and Macken looked good for the second last try. Delighted too that we are now all but guaranteed first place in the league. It takes the pressure off for the last 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

I don't mean to carp but...McFadden is one awkward runner. Nippy, mind you, but strange. For the the try at 15.11, his right leg (below the knee) is swinging laterally all over the place. Is he knock-kneed or something?

There is something odd about mcfaddens run alright.. Is he slightly Chaplin-esque or something? Has great pace though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

durkadurka wrote: »
    There is something odd about mcfaddens run alright.. Is he slightly Chaplin-esque or something? Has great pace though.

Yeah even though that run was quite odd( maybe trying to avoid getting tapped?) he still sped over the last 30 meters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/mdtv/?play=media&id=11596

Quick link for all the tries.

Never noticed that about McFadden......now that I know, it's all I'm going to look out for when he runs. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Our defense for Edinburgh's try was appalling. I know it's all we really gave them all day but even still McFadden and Carr will both be getting **** from Schmidt I'd say.

Another RDP12 game where Edinburgh didn't show up. They just don't care. It's completely unfair on non-Celtic Heineken Cup teams imo and I'm delighted we game them the thrashing they deserve for it.

Nice to see Madigan-Reid-Macken for that 2nd last try. I'd like to see that 10/12/13 axis play together a lot more over the coming years. maybe even at the highest level!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/mdtv/?play=media&id=11596

Quick link for all the tries.

Never noticed that about McFadden......now that I know, it's all I'm going to look out for when he runs. :/

didn't look like it when running other times. i think its cos he is running and watching the player and avoiding tackles etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

So, after that hammering... Who comes out of this match looking the worst?

TOULOUSE.

...and who comes out of this match with the best result?

ULSTER.

:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

eoferrall wrote: »
    didn't look like it when running other times. i think its cos he is running and watching the player and avoiding tackles etc?

I've seen him do it a few times, he seems to swing his heel when drifting out. Looks odd but could be allowing him to drift that bit faster away from the tackler.

Worked anyway whatever he was at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

.ak wrote: »
    So, after that hammering... Who comes out of this match looking the worst?

TOULOUSE.

...and who comes out of this match with the best result?

ULSTER.

:P

Watched Toulouse v Perignan last nite after leinster match, they where very poor. Not anywhere near the side that I seen in Aviva last year in semi's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Watched Toulouse v Perignan last nite after leinster match, they where very poor. Not anywhere near the side that I seen in Aviva last year in semi's.

Agree on this. Toulouse looked poor. Leinster really looked confident considering as well was a 2nd string team out there.

Was really impressed with Madigan running with the ball. A nice step on him and not afraid to run into contact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Havent seen him mentioned but for me the best player on the pitch whilst the game was still a contest was Cronin.

Madigan really cut loose in the last 15 mins but by then the game was over and Edinburgh had gone home, I dont rate him any higher now than I did this time yesterday, we knew he could put tired and weak defences to the sword as good as any other Irish flyhalf, controlling a tight game where the packs are even is a totally different art and that side of his game has barely been tested yet. He can only play whats put in front of him though and he's been very impressive in most things he's done so far.

Would like to see him get 30 mins in ravers next week.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

That's one hell of a lead!

200410.png

The Ospreys will have a tough time in Cardiff tonight and that will be us through to a home semi.

The home semi is assured. The potential home final is 99% sure now barring extraordinarily large wins for ospreys and defeats for Leinster. Points diff of 123 looks pretty secure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Leinster need 1 match point from the last two games to top the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

DD9090 wrote: »
    That's one hell of a lead!

200410.png

The Ospreys will have a tough time in Cardiff tonight and that will be us through to a home semi.

I reckon Ospreys will win, Cardiff have nothing to play for and are a side with no future. Ospreys have been much better since getting that idiot Scott Johnson out of there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

danthefan wrote: »
    Leinster need 1 match point from the last two games to top the league.

I dont think we do. It's mathematically possible Ospreys could catch us, but they would need 3 bonus point wins in all their remaining games, and to win those game by about 35 point margins and Leinster to lose both remaining games without getting a losing bonus.

I think it'll finish tonight when Ospreys fail to get a bonus point win over Cardiff.

Advertisement