Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Cleaning Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Picked up the mitts in aldi tonight, also they have an alloy cleaning kit. Will try it in the morning and see what it's like.

It comes with 2 brushes, so for €3.49 even if it's rubbish the brushes are worth that.

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_16067.htm

Picked up another 2 as well :P a Red and Grey one this time :pac:

The alloy wheel kit isn't bad but make sure your wheels aren't flaking as it can peel paint and whatever you do don't get on your hands! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The wheel cleaner is surprisingly good, just you really have to rinse the stuff off afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

Picked up the mitts in aldi tonight, also they have an alloy cleaning kit. Will try it in the morning and see what it's like.

It comes with 2 brushes, so for €3.49 even if it's rubbish the brushes are worth that.

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_16067.htm

Jasus, 3.50 ? I gave halfords nearly €12 just for a brush last week. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

That alloy wheeling cleaning kit is rubbish. The brush disintegrated on me when I used it. The actual product is piss poor too. Use wonder wheels instead and buy a quality wheel cleaning brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

The worklamp I used fo... detailing is now half price in Aldi Coolock

Its a bargain at €6...should hae picked up a second one...might go back and grab one.

They're selling these down here in Limerick aswell, had to pick one up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

IMG_20120722_135619.jpg

Discontinued range in halfords Limerick. 3 for 2 also. All three for €11.49

Two bottles of Gliptone conditioner yesterday for €10 in Terenure.

Win win

I've mislaid my conditioner actually, any chance you'd like to sell me one of yours?:D

Hal1 wrote: »
    That alloy wheeling cleaning kit is rubbish. The brush disintegrated on me when I used it. The actual product is piss poor too. Use wonder wheels instead and buy a quality wheel cleaning brush.

Weird, the brush I got is still intact :confused:

Weird, the brush I got is still intact :confused:

It must be the new improved version so. I was using it one minute and the next the wheel was covered in bristles :eek:.

It's half grey half white

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

MarkR wrote: »
    I've mislaid my conditioner actually, any chance you'd like to sell me one of yours?:D

My cousin is actually meant to be giving me a fiver for it! It smells mighty decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

They have 2l pressurised containers fir 4€ in aldi... For gardening really.
    Handy for applying stuff or misting water if claying I guess... Could use it for many uses.
    Has an adjustable jet so can adjust from a fine mist or a direct spray about 20 feet.

What I'll be using it for is applying bobby dazzler to my camper van.

Worth a punt.
    Marty.

Could be handy for misting on demon shine! Might get one for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Anyone know of a good hand held vac and wet vac that aren't mad expensive ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    Anyone know of a good hand held vac and wet vac that aren't mad expensive ?

I can't verify the good part but aldi might still have some in from a few weeks back if you check your local one.

And on that note..

Aldi have 2L pressure sprayers in for €3.99

Pressure_Sprayer_KB_1007.jpg

Should be good for use with wheel cleaner, degreaser, that sort of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Handheld vacs in Lidl ennis road limerick for 12.99 this eve, and im fairly sure its the same one i bought years ago there and worked quite well.

Bought that sprayer above today...decent yoke.:)

My cousin is actually meant to be giving me a fiver for it! It smells mighty decent.

Now I'm going to have to look in two sheds and under a sink for my one! :eek:

I can't verify the good part but aldi might still have some in from a few weeks back if you check your local one.

And on that note..

Aldi have 2L pressure sprayers

Should be good for use with wheel cleaner, degreaser, that sort of stuff

Careful with strong chemicals in them, they burn through the plastic of the sprayer more often than not!

Careful with strong chemicals in them, they burn through the plastic of the sprayer more often than not!

Most decent stuff can be diluted 10/20:1 and still be more than strong enough, but yeah I wouldn't chance putting large volumes of neat chemicals in there. But they seem good enough quality

• Advertisement

Most decent stuff can be diluted 10/20:1 and still be more than strong enough, but yeah I wouldn't chance putting large volumes of neat chemicals in there. But they seem good enough quality

I'd near put the AG Tar remover into it since it's in such crap bottle as is.My wheels ideally need to be taken off and de tarred inside as there's a really annoying lip behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Re a wet and dry hoover for car seats, how does this look?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-06489-1000W-Vacuum-Cleaner/dp/B005Z0VNLK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1343223145&sr=8-3

Is it too small for the job or much the same as a lidl wet/dry hoover?

I'd near put the AG Tar remover into it since it's in such crap bottle as is.My wheels ideally need to be taken off and de tarred inside as there's a really annoying lip behind them.

I got given about 1/2L of UPOL System 20 panel wipe / degreaser for free, which seems to eat tar for breakfast and should last ages too. Agree on the AG tar remover though, the bottle is cack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

Demon Shine reduced to €2.50 in Tesco, along with lots of other car cleaning stuff 75% off.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Cheers will have a look tmrw.

Just read through the whole thread and I have pretty much everything mentioned, even though I never seen the thread before :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

baldshin wrote: »
    Demon Shine reduced to €2.50 in Tesco, along with lots of other car cleaning stuff 75% off.

Selling that 3M stuff pretty cheap, picked up a few things

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Tesco - Clarehall

Not sure how good the hose brush is but I got it as I it was cheap and handy for the wheels...I've no intention of putting it near my paint!

Hose brush for car (Tesco) - €0.50
    Simonz Microfibre cloth - €0.56

225294.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

Picked up what seems like the entire 3m range for under 12 euro- shampoo, wax, detailer spray wax, glass cleaner, tire cleaner and wheel cleaner in tesco Galway, loads left too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Tesco in Tallaght had sweet FA yesterday.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭daaaycent boy

I bought a one of these in Halfords the other week and have used it since. It's grand but is there any better ones out there that people use? Where can I get grit guards for my buckets? Thanks.

Advertisement