Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare newspapers?

Options
  • 11-04-2012 2:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. Just wondering do any of the papers down there have a good classifieds section advertising property to rent?
    Nothing very suitable for me on Daft etc. at the moment so thinking I might see if there is anyone advertising privately in the papers.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Most people I know would advertise in the Clare Champion and that was where I looked the last time I was looking for a place to rent, over 11 years ago now, I feel old now.

The Clare People has a good classified section also. Other options would be the classified boards in supermarkets, Philip O'Reilly also has a fairly big rental section also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Shops in Tulla and Scarriff have plenty of adverts for houses for rent.
    Would be worth your while driving to town nearest where you want tp live and see adverts in shops.
    That's how I got my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Where specifically are you looking?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Cheers lads. Planning on doing a blitz down there in the next week or so.
    Im fairly flexible except I dont have a car of my own so dont want to be too far from a main commuting route. I am torn between Ennistymon and Killaloe at the moment as it would be easy enough to get to Ennis or Limerick. Ennis itself is my third choice.
    I have a dog so I need a bit of a garden. That rules out apartments.
    Im not in a major panic but I would like to get settled fairly soon.
    I'll pick up the papers here and see if there is anything interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

Cheers lads. Planning on doing a blitz down there in the next week or so.
    Im fairly flexible except I dont have a car of my own so dont want to be too far from a main commuting route. I am torn between Ennistymon and Killaloe at the moment as it would be easy enough to get to Ennis or Limerick. Ennis itself is my third choice.
    I have a dog so I need a bit of a garden. That rules out apartments.
    Im not in a major panic but I would like to get settled fairly soon.
    I'll pick up the papers here and see if there is anything interesting.
    Honestly not trying to be smart but can I just ask what you would define as easy? I certainly wouldn't consider the commute you mention easy if you're depending on buses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

MyKeyG wrote: »
    Honestly not trying to be smart but can I just ask what you would define as easy? I certainly wouldn't consider the commute you mention easy if you're depending on buses.
    I agree with MyKeyG. OP, if you don't have your own transport Ennis might be the best location for you as it has a regular bus and train service.

This recent thread about moving to Killaloe may also be of assistance to you. Killaloe is a beautiful place to live and it has a very strong community spirit. However, bus services to Ennis, Limerick and Shannon are limited.

Good Luck with your move :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Thanks again.
    Ive been watching the forum for a while so Ive seen the good/bad/ugly bits lol.
    I dont really have any special days or times that I need to get out of town so the couple of busses? (cant spell that properly) a day should be ok. The weekend services do seem a bit dodgy alright.
    I really only need to pop up to Galway once a week or so, so being 15 miles from Ennis or Limerick should be ok.
    I like Ennis a lot but I would just like to spend a relaxing year in one of the smaller towns. However Ennis is still on my radar if I can spot the right place.
    Doggie has reached pension age also so I think she might appreciate a bit of country/waterside living.
    Thanks again for the advice.

Advertisement