Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How is the public transport in Killaloe?

Options
  • 12-02-2012 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hi Boardies,

I will be moving to Limerick or Clare in a few months but I dont know either county at all. The further away from the city the better (so Id prefer Clare) and someone just suggested Killaloe to me.

It seems like the perfect place, a gorgeous little town with fab scenery and all the rest but the question is...
    How frequent are the buses to Limerick? Are there trains and buses daily?

I cannot drive so public transport is very important to me. Any more interesting news about Killaloe would be great too.

All appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

Bus Eireann Route Planner is great for this kind of thing.
    The 323 Bus Eireann is the route. Here's the timetable Route 323 Click Here**

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

OP, The twin town of Killaloe/Ballina is indeed a beautiful place to live, it is a heritage town on Lough Derg and there is a great community spirit there. This is illustrated by festivals such as Feile Brian Boru, Killaloe Festival of Lights and Feile Eile (A children's music and arts festival) which are all organised locally.

It really depends on your personal circumstances, if you're going to be working in Limerick and you are relying solely on public transport, life could be very difficult. On the other hand, if you or a member of your family could drive, Killaloe/Ballina is pretty close to Limerick/Nenagh/Shannon and Dublin is only two hours away.

I wish you well with your move :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 uuPi

Or you can use C.A.T., a demand responsive transport bus company to go to Ennis and have access to more Bus Eireann routes and the rail network there. A ride from Killaloe to Ennis is € 4...
    Check them out: www.catconnects.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Taceom

OP you could put a sign up in some of the shops in Ballina or Killaloe (MCkeoghs, or SuperValu) and find out if you could get a lift into Limerick with someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Bubs, I am from Killaloe and work in Limerick. PM me if you wanna see if our hours coincide for transport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Bubs99

Thanks everyone, thank you KILLWILL. I dont have a job there...yet.

My boyfriend got a job in Limerick, thats why we're moving up there and as I cant drive, I need frequent enough transport to go places if I need to or if I get a job near Killaloe or in Limerick. It would be convenient to just catch a bus in to the city or elsewhere whenever Id need to.

Also, I will be travelling to Waterford atleast once a month so Id need to get to the buses or train in limerick or wherever else I can get one.

Mainly, it'd just be handy to have easy access to other places and frequent enough if you all get my drift.

If I got a job, that would be great so fingers crossed for that. Im sure many of you are on the same boat still searching.

Thank you very much. I might just be in contact about that lift. Very nice of you, and for all the info from the others.

Im currently checking all the info you gave me. Keep it coming, if there's anymore or else we'll have to stay close to Limerick city. :( (I'm not a city girl at all)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Limerick city isn't as bad a spot as people would have you believe. The rents are fairly cheap so you may find a nicer place there than you would for the same price someplace else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Or if you want somewhere a bit smaller than Limerick you could try Ennis which is well served by trains and buses to Limerick and onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Limerick city isn't as bad a spot as people would have you believe. The rents are fairly cheap so you may find a nicer place there than you would for the same price someplace else.

I lived in Limerick for years before moving back home to Killaloe. It is a grand place in fairness.

rent around Monaleen/Annacotty would be fine too

Advertisement