Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Just can't wait to get my cast off tomorrow. SCREW IRISH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

The ones I kinda havent anything prepared on our the ones where they go to Irish college and holidays and that...I find them the easiest to just look at and talk about :P Would absolutely love 'Bua Sa Chomortas' and would hate to get 'Na Deagoiri Croga' :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I think everyone agrees #20 is absolutely crap, its so unfair to have such a variation in standard. But hey idgaf, I got Timpiste. :D

My examiner held them all out like a sinister deck of cartaí and made me pick one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rkeano5

Im tempted at this point to try to bribe my oral examiners. Im not very wealthy or anything, but they'd hardly turn down a fifty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Am I the only one that likes #20? Everyone seems to hate it cause it's the last one we did, but it's actually really easy when you look at it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭cathal_flynn

As long as timpiste and geabheann come up I'm all good..... If they don't I'll sit there with a blank look on my face :|

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Patchy~ wrote: »
    My examiner held them all out like a sinister deck of cartaí and made me pick one :(

When I went into my mock one, they were all laid upside down on the table and the when I sat down the Examiner just said "Lucky dip." And I was all twHBK.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Just ripped up the sraith pictuiri book :P and i'm totally against ripping up books
    but lads ... its the best feeling ever.... now to burn the tiny little pieces :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Just here casually printing off a document the night before the exam...

Just ripped up the sraith pictuiri book :P and i'm totally against ripping up books
    but lads ... its the best feeling ever.... now to burn the tiny little pieces :D

I'm just gonna keep mine when I'm done it, then throw it at the higher level people who are yet to do their oral on Thursday.

• Advertisement

I'm gonna burn mine, thats a good idea. I cant bring myself to burn my written out 1-20 - they're so organised, and hey, the vocab I put in is useful. :P

I'm gonna burn mine, thats a good idea. I cant bring myself to burn my written out 1-20 - they're so organised, and hey, the vocab I put in is useful. :P

Rip it a bit before you burn it :P seriously its really therapeutic :P
    make a setting fire to the sraith pictuirs playlist too.... makes the whole thing so much better :D
    I threw out my notes on the sraith pictuirs last night before the oral :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Well done to those that had the Oral already!

Today I started getting really panicky about them. My Irish and Russian are on Thursday and before today I really didn't care too much about Irish since I'm not counting it for points and thought I'd do very well in Russian cos I'm fluent. But today I started to panic for some reason, mainly because I simply don't have the vocab to describe some Sraith Pictiurs (I'm kinda bad at Irish, only OL). Really counting on Lady Luck to pick out number 1 about School Report :P Anyways I'm panicking for no apparent reason and I dont like it one bit :(

subz3r0 wrote: »
    Well done to those that had the Oral already!

Today I started getting really panicky about them. My Irish and Russian are on Thursday and before today I really didn't care too much about Irish since I'm not counting it for points and thought I'd do very well in Russian cos I'm fluent. But today I started to panic for some reason, mainly because I simply don't have the vocab to describe some Sraith Pictiurs (I'm kinda bad at Irish, only OL). Really counting on Lady Luck to pick out number 1 about School Report :P Anyways I'm panicking for no apparent reason and I dont like it one bit :(

Dont panic :) it will be fine :) the examiners are nice and if you stay calm you'll be fine :)

and if you need a laugh watch this :L english translations are hillarious

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

I know how you feel, the same with all the oral stuff I just typed up :D Everything else though, KAPOOF!

That's exactly why this French oral feels like a waste. I probably could have done well if I had prepared at all but it feels like a wasted 6 years learning a language now! And this is coming from me who wasn't even going to count French. Now I regret that decision, I'm actually starting to like it:(

Freaking out omg, yay my first rant here! :')

Alright, I've always hated maths, always have and always will. This year and last year I've been in Ordinary, but let's just say we were the lowest level of Ordinary if you get me. I had no problems there, we were working at our own pace which was good for me to get an understanding. Then today I was moved up to one of the other Ordinary maths classes, and the one I was in is now the Foundation class. I went into the class today pretty confident but it turns out there was so much that I haven't had covered from the other class. And during the whole class today I didn't have a single clue what was going on, now I'm seriously considering dropping down to Foundation. :/

For the lazy people who wouldn't like to read my silly rant;

I despise maths with a passion, and I'm horribly behind and want to drop to Foundation.

Now if you'll excuse me I'll go be bitter over there JihtJ.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Dont panic :) it will be fine :) the examiners are nice and if you stay calm you'll be fine :)

and if you need a laugh watch this :L english translations are hillarious

Bloody hell :pac: that's an abysmal amount of detail even for OL.. ''That's shockin!'' haha

subz3r0 wrote: »
    Bloody hell :pac: that's an abysmal amount of detail even for OL.. ''That's shockin!'' haha

I know :L my friend showed it to me just there :L
    "Padraig is playing on his playstation (or xbox?? the jury's still out on that one) "
    Oh sraithpictuiri :L

I know :L my friend showed it to me just there :L
    "Padraig is playing on his playstation (or xbox?? the jury's still out on that one) "
    Oh sraithpictuiri :L

Clearly Xbox because Ps3 is shít:cool:
    Ooooh Controversy:D

Cian what are you doing making silly null comments, get back to your French now!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Mine's tomorrow :O Hope it'll be alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

My oral is next Monday and I'm literally ****ting bricks. I literally have never learnt the pictures. Everyone complains about picture 20 but I've never even seen it as I was sick the week my teacher did pics 19 and 20 last year, and I never went looking for them.
    I think I'm just going to learn a few intricate verbs and use them.
    Tá sé in am tosú ag obair - pic 1.
    Tá bean le feicéail sa phictiúr agus tá tuairisc scoile ina lámh. Dealraíonn sé go bhfuil fearg uirthi mar níl sí sásta leis na gráid/grádanna? a fhuair a mac sna scrúdaithe. Fuair sé D sa Ghaeilge agus D sa stáir.
    That's literally as detailed as my descriptions will be, bear in mind that pic 1 is probably the easiest so the rest'll be way worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

@Coeur apparently mothucháin are important so just throw in a few basic ones like 'tá fearg an domhain uirthí' and 'tá sé náiríthe gan dabht'. Should pick up a few extra marks and it's easy enough to say 'tá sé sásta/brónach/whatever'! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

David1994 wrote: »
    Haha ok I will know to be able to recite them then :D Sorry one other question..Did you get to choose the roleplay??Or did the examiner?? :/

She handed one to us, she gave loads of people number three and four. Apparently four and five are the hardest?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I can't believe I've come down with a cold so close to the orals . It better be gone by Monday or at least Tuesday when I think I'll be on. I had to leave early today because of my throat. I can't even practise properly. I might have to stay home for a few days to try and get rid of it but I need to complete my geography project.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Wiirdo

Lads, I have literally studied a grand total of 5 hours the whole year. I really am dead.

Ugh, my history teacher gave me back corrected essays. I got 71 in my one on the welfare state after getting 85 for it in the mock...when I said that he said that it was actually really good and it was probably just coz I wrote smaller. :rolleyes: Same story with my Eucharistic Congress essay. Ffs. I can see where hes coming from but be consistent! :S

He was giving them to me as English started and my English teacher told someone to 'hurry da fuq up' and my history teacher was like oh...kay.... and my teacher was like omg I wasnt telling you to hurry up, it was so gas :pac:

Oh and I didnt hand up the mock one to be recorrected, it was the one I'd learned, I wanted to be sure it was worth learning and yeah :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Finished today:

540189_336692863061932_100001636637613_940708_1379657107_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Possibly the funniest oral I've ever done. The girls outside were like why in the name of god were you laughing so much we could hear ya :/ oh well hopefully the examiner was grand with it :) he was lovely I felt really at ease!! It's hard to believe I never have to do French oral this year again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Okay guys, so I'm taking the rest of the week off to study for the Irish oral. I decided a long time ago that I don't care enough but now I'm determined to get a B in the oral, so wish me luck for the next few days!

And congrats to everyone who's done their orals btw, hope they all went well for you!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement