Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting test results on a Sunday

• 10-04-2012 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

I'm just curious to know if doctors would ring patients with test results of a Sunday. I've asked different people and they have said they've never heard of the like. I mean results regarding cancer or tumours or the like. I know of someone who said they'd gotten a call of a Sunday to be told that their results were clear but I'm just wondering if doctors in hospitals would actually do this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭xgtdec

I wouldnt think so, id hate to see the bill from a Doc for ringing on a Sunday!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

It could be something innocuous like their family was away & they were bored & decided to catch up on admin/paperwork...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ronan91

If you are waiting a long long time for test results it is usually always good news. As for contacting you on a sunday, yes they will if the results require immediate attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 LPI

I'm actually thinking of a person in particular when I ask this question. They had told me of a Saturday that they were told they might have a brain tumour and when I met them on the Sunday (the following day), they told me they'd gotten a phone call that day from the doctor to tell them that all was clear. It seemed suspicious to me so I just want to know if they were telling me the truth or just saying it to me to get my attention...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I'm going to say yes, my doctor called me with results on christmas eve and once I think it was 10 on a Saturday night, the night one was to tell me everything was normal. It really depends on the doctor my one seems to put in that extra effort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Ronan91

If he was indeed told there was a possibility of a brain tumour he would be informed straight away if there was findings that all was in the clear or that he did actually have the tumour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

The call was positive and the result is a good one?!

I've never heard of Sunday calls but if a patient is nervous wondering if they have a brain tumor then been given the all clear asap seems like the best thing to do imo.

Advertisement