Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiger Woods 13

Options

Comments

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Is it still extremely easy to get very low rounds and therefore you need to shoot sub-60 to be competative?

That's literally the only issue I have with these games. In 09 you can shoot four straight rounds of six or seven under par and not be close to the top ten in tournaments.

In the Live online tournaments the scores are always 20-24 Under on Pro.
    My first tournament I picked the Tour Pro by accident(but used TW instead of my 40s guy) at Augusta and even still lads had -18+ when I was struggling to keep above +18.

As for normal online, just about ever game I've played there's been at least 1 lad who's shot Birdie+ basically every hole which is a bit of a pain, those games have been Pro..... I'll probably put more effort into playing Tour Pro to get a somewhat more genuine experience.

On that, last night I played a lad with ''Custom settings''.... couldn't see much from the list that stood out but it ended up being no spin, no swing meter(so you had to putt blind) and not even green grids(though you got a preview which is somewhat held back by lack of swing meter) I actually didn't do too bad.
    Got two birdies I think and only 3/4 bogeys and finished maybe even or +1 to his -2 or so.
    I think those settings were overkill though, but at least it was more competitive than the lads who were outdriving me to make eagles with ease.

If you meant single player though, the scores are around what you'd expect.

In the Masters as an Amateur, you play 4 rounds and the score leading into the last day is -8 or so..... you can't use spin either(any difficulty setting), so it makes that one a bit harder(not to mention the impossible flag locations and treacherous green speeds/hills)

That aside though, it's very good, I've had the last 3 but this is a big improvement, no more pulling it back and forward as hard as possible.
    Not sure is it new, can't remember(or maybe they're just more important now with the swing meter), but practice swings are great for finding a rhythm and make it more realistic.

The main gripe in the reviews was the fact the DLC wasn't payable and you could pay but not even own it as such.
    For 90% of us, we don't buy the DLC anyway and at least with time and effort you can gain another 20 odd courses, I've earned around 11,000 coins already in 4/5 hours(enough for nearly 2 rounds on DLC).

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Still waiting for the game to arrive -_-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

-Ade- wrote: »
    Still waiting for the game to arrive -_-

Bloody hell Zavvi are slow! Ordered on the 6th, still no sign of it. They reckon you have to wait 20 working days after the shipping date before you contact them. Tiger Woods 14 will be out by then

Have had it since last Thurs, played most days, 2 or 3 hours and I have 20k coins thus far, thats enough for unlimited rounds on a course.
    I think that option might be the best one to take as it would take a minimum of 3 rounds to get Mastery(only requires 50 pars or better IIRC) and you could get stung in a round or two and require another purchase. So the 18k for that seems the best option.

Can't see the reviews complaints about the DLC tbh. There are 14(?) courses, and in a week I have enough for one already(they were charging around E5-7 a pop last year :eek:).
    There's obviously no way to get them in 1/2/3 months without playing a lot(max 500 coins earned per round, and 6000 for a round on a DLC), but it's enough of an incentive to hold onto this years as I'll have more free courses coming into my play list over time.
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    Bloody hell Zavvi are slow! Ordered on the 6th, still no sign of it. They reckon you have to wait 20 working days after the shipping date before you contact them. Tiger Woods 14 will be out by then

I'd never order a game online that I didn't want to have to wait on. Gamestop had the Collectors edition for E50(has few extra courses), think the saving compared to Zavvi is only E5 odd.
    Not really worth it, I haven't order a PS3 game online since Demon Souls(since you had too) and before that it was when they were E70 so the price difference warranted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I order from Zavvi occasionally and it rarely takes more than a week to get the goods to Ireland. If it's taken close to two weeks then it looks like something has gone wrong with the order.

• Advertisement

Ah feck, would have bought from Gamestop had I known it was that cheap. My fault for not checking! Checked Xtra Vision and Smyths and it was 80 euro so just kinda assumed it was the same in GS. HMV didn't have the collectors edition neither.

Guess I'll have to contact them later if it's not here by this afternoon when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

As for the DLC. You can purchase a course or use coins. If you got he coin route you'll need a minimum of 6 rounds on a course to master it. One of the objectives is 100 pars or better.

When you play the career mode some of the events are on courses that are DLC but if you haven't got them it allows you to sub in another course for it.

My biggest issue with the game is that it's buggy as hell. You land in a bunker only to find you are not in the bunker. You land short of a bunker only to find you ARE in the bunker. Same with other areas on the course.

As for guys shooting 18 under and better on Pro. It's doable for sure but remember there are controllers for sale specifically modified for TW games. The X-Axis having been disabled.

Anyone on 360 fancy setting up a boards.ie 360 Country Club ?

My tag is SendMoreCorpses and I'm only at least an hour or two every day.

I'd never order a game online that I didn't want to have to wait on. Gamestop had the Collectors edition for E50(has few extra courses), think the saving compared to Zavvi is only E5 odd.
    Not really worth it, I haven't order a PS3 game online since Demon Souls(since you had too) and before that it was when they were E70 so the price difference warranted it.

I never order a game I want straight away either, usually just pick it up in a shop. But you always get it within a few days when you order online, i didn't mind that.
    But as ade said, would have bought it in gamestop if I had have known it would take this long and I knew it was that cheap there.
    Although chelsea barca on tonight, so not big deal if it doesn't arrive today

Right so, had to re-create the club there for us PS3 users. Just search for Boards IE PS3 here - http://www.ea.com/tiger-woods/1/online-country-clubs

I've also created a tourney for those who have the game. It's starts from 12am(I hope GMT!) Thursday, so tomorrow and lasts for 4 days. Made the settings pretty much very easy as it's the first tourney. If everyone is okay with it, I can make a weekly one obviously onwards from here with a mix of conditions and settings just to offer some variety. If anyone wants to add me on PSN there, by all means do so. Hopefully have the game by the Friday at the latest. Will contact Zavvi at lunch time for sure.

brianon wrote: »
    As for the DLC. You can purchase a course or use coins. If you got he coin route you'll need a minimum of 6 rounds on a course to master it. One of the objectives is 100 pars or better.

I'm pretty sure it's 50 pars, sure why would anyone be tempted to play 1-3 rounds for 6-12k instead of unlimited rounds for 18k.
    Because you can JUST about scrape everything in 3 rounds with 50pars, but you're only allowed 4 mistakes over 3 rounds.
    So you can risk 3 rounds for 12k or else pay the bit extra to make sure(unlimited for 18k)

I think I might go for the 150,000 route, you get 11 courses and only need 3 after that.
    Saw lads on about it on the EA forums, and a good few made the 150,000 already.
    I'm on 20,000 in a week, so in maybe a month I'll have enough.

• Advertisement

-Ade- wrote: »
    Right so, had to re-create the club there for us PS3 users. Just search for Boards IE PS3 here - http://www.ea.com/tiger-woods/1/online-country-clubs

I wouldnt say a Boards club would be worthwhile.
    You need loads of players playing and this thread hasn't been very active, wouldn't get more than 4/5 and of that half won't play enough.
    Best job is to just search for a club with 24+ players. You don't actually need to interact with anyone in the club either you just need numbers playing.
    My biggest issue with the game is that it's buggy as hell. You land in a bunker only to find you are not in the bunker. You land short of a bunker only to find you ARE in the bunker. Same with other areas on the course.

Ya have noticed that a lot.

There is one hole where if it happens you're in trouble.
    I think I read(on the EA forum) someone describe the same hole and situation that happened to me.
    It's a par 3 surrounded by water, I hit it short but caught the rough and the ball sat just off the green, 2nd shot ended up being from the edge on the opposite side of the water, I don't even think it was fairway as my next shot couldn't make it over the water and I ended up hitting a +3 on that hole.

I'm pretty sure it's 50 pars, sure why would anyone be tempted to play 1-3 rounds for 6-12k instead of unlimited rounds for 18k.
    Because you can JUST about scrape everything in 3 rounds with 50pars, but you're only allowed 4 mistakes over 3 rounds.
    So you can risk 3 rounds for 12k or else pay the bit extra to make sure(unlimited for 18k)

I think I might go for the 150,000 route, you get 11 courses and only need 3 after that.
    Saw lads on about it on the EA forums, and a good few made the 150,000 already.
    I'm on 20,000 in a week, so in maybe a month I'll have enough.

It's 100 Career Pars or Better for the Gold Mastery.

Looking at it right now. 50 Pars or better is part of the Silver mastery which gets you coins. Gold mastery gets you unlimited rounds which requires (among other things) 100 career pars or better.
    201007.jpg

Sorry but it's 100 Career Pars or Better for the Gold Mastery.

Looking at it right now. 50 Pars or better is part of the Silver mastery which gets you coins. Gold mastery gets you unlimited rounds which requires (among other things) 100 career pars or better.

I checked a few courses last night and never saw any number higher than 50 :confused:..... maybe thats just the case for some of the courses already included in game.

Doesn't seem like a good idea to buy any less than unlimited rounds for 18k or save for the 150,000.

EDIT: Noticed this was because I checked mid-round and if you're on silver they are the only ones that show. You need to go to the actual ''Course Mastery'' screen to see all three levels.

Still hasn't arrived yet. Never ordering off poxy Zavvi again!

It's not Zaavi's fault. If they're showing as having dispatched it then it's the fault of the post office either in Ireland or the UK.

Obviously if it's not showing as having been dispatched then yeah it's Zaavi.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    It's not Zaavi's fault. If they're showing as having dispatched it then it's the fault of the post office either in Ireland or the UK.

Obviously if it's not showing as having been dispatched then yeah it's Zaavi.

Fair enough, but looks like a few of us are in the same boat. Thats weird. Amazon normally takes about 3 days to deliver and they use the same postal service.
    Has anyone that ordered this game off Zaavi got their game yet?

Panic over, arrived today

Ditto :)

My putting is rubbish. And shots from the rough! Piss off adam scott. "Adam scott has taken your 9.5 degree driver"

Many of ye on PS3 not in a club yet?.
    Mine had only 12 active players this week from 24+ so I'll probably move after Sunday when I get my coins.

If ye organise yourselves and join an active one together I can hop in as well Monday and we can try the H2H stuff which you ain't going to do in a club with randomers.

There's definitely no reason to do a Boards only one, you need active players.
    From what I can gather it doesn't even matter too much if a player only plays for 5mins or 5 hours, you'll get a higher coins percentage based on your position(though everyone needs to contribute to the teams overall rating which means less players- takes longer)

But having 4/5 of us in one of the bigger clubs means we can get all benefits.

• Advertisement

Many of ye on PS3 not in a club yet?.
    Mine had only 12 active players this week from 24+ so I'll probably move after Sunday when I get my coins.

If ye organise yourselves and join an active one together I can hop in as well Monday and we can try the H2H stuff which you ain't going to do in a club with randomers.

There's definitely no reason to do a Boards only one, you need active players.
    From what I can gather it doesn't even matter too much if a player only plays for 5mins or 5 hours, you'll get a higher coins percentage based on your position(though everyone needs to contribute to the teams overall rating which means less players- takes longer)

But having 4/5 of us in one of the bigger clubs means we can get all benefits.
    I'm on PS3 but not going online till I get my stats up a bit. What's the best way to get them up at first?

Clubs (equipment) and XP.

You can use a Pin attachment that gives you 5 times your regular XP also.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Join my country club Dead By Dawn. Tour pro settings and should be fun. For xbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Join my country club Dead By Dawn. Tour pro settings and should be fun. For xbox.

Whats your gamer tag?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Just joined. Come lads a few more members join be a good laugh.

Paparazzo wrote: »
    I'm on PS3 but not going online till I get my stats up a bit. What's the best way to get them up at first?

Being in a Country Club has no bearing to whether you play online or not.

You gain coins every time you play as long as you're connected to the PSN.
    The sooner you're in a CC, the more coins you earn.

That aside, you won't be playing online for a few weeks so by the sounds of things.
    Leveling up isn't a quick process unless you want to waste your coins on packs to get XP X5, which means getting the DLC will take longer.

FWIW there doesn't seem to be any advantage to winning online, so I wouldn't hold back on the basis of my Golfer, I've been using mine since the start, you're just playing your own round, to gain your own XP/Points.
    Winning/Losing doesn't change how much you pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭mossie

I got an update for the game on xbox tonight and since it installed I have been having a lot of issue with play on kinect. The sound seems to drop out and while that's gone it's impossible to swing or do anything. Overall it seems to have made aiming more responsive but the drop out issue is a major problem. Anyone else have this?

What's the story with shots from the rough/bunker? Back in the old days it would tell you how much the lie would effect your power. So if it was down at something like 52% and you used a PW that would normally hit it 100 yards at full power it would roughly go about half that.
    I kept over hitting the greens from the rough.

Getting better at putting, hard enough to judge the power.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

• Advertisement

Aye, go on then.

Advertisement