Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SERV - Bloodrunners

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Beckyb

I know this is an old thread but...
    We got set up in Galway! Blood Bike West

Authorised to use blue lights and fully insured for this type of work...after getting a bespoke policy from Carole Nash.

Find us on Facebook too!

Becky

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

Beckyb wrote: »
    I know this is an old thread but...
    We got set up in Galway! Blood Bike West

Authorised to use blue lights and fully insured for this type of work...after getting a bespoke policy from Carole Nash.

Find us on Facebook too!

Becky

That is good news Becky if you have permission to use blue lights and sirens and be exempt from certain road traffic laws?
    Because maybe the pathway used could be shared with the various City and/or County Councils for use by their retained firefighters so they can respond to their stations with the same authorisation and road traffic act exemptions.

Who gave the authorisation to Blood Bike West?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Beckyb

Bang Bang wrote: »
    That is good news Becky if you have permission to use blue lights and sirens and be exempt from certain road traffic laws?
    Because maybe the pathway used could be shared with the various City and/or County Councils for use by their retained firefighters so they can respond to their stations with the same authorisation and road traffic act exemptions.

Who gave the authorisation to Blood Bike West?

There is a law that states blue lights can be used. I think someone posted it here earlier.

We are NOT exempt from the road traffic act. We are not allowed to break the speed limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭searescue

Beckyb wrote: »
    There is a law that states blue lights can be used. I think someone posted it here earlier.

We are NOT exempt from the road traffic act. We are not allowed to break the speed limit.

2. Road Traffic (Lighting of Vehicles)(Blue and Amber Lamps) Regulations 2006 ( S.I. No. 342 of 2006 ) are amended by substituting for Regulation 4 the following:

“4. Article 52 of the Regulations of 1963 is amended by substituting for sub-article (18) (as substituted by the Road Traffic (Lighting of Vehicles) (Amendment) Regulations 2006 ( S.I. No. 342 of 2006 )) the following:

(18)(a) Article 40 (in so far as it refers to articles 41, 42, 48 and 49) and articles 41, 42, 48 and 49 (except sub-article 9) do not apply to a lamp which complies with paragraph (b) and which is carried on a vehicle being used—

(i) by a member of the Garda Síochána in the performance of his or her duties,

(ii) as a fire brigade vehicle,

(iii) by persons providing an ambulance service,

(iv) by the Irish Prison Service,

(v) as an Irish Coast Guard vehicle, with or without a trailer,

(vi) for the delivery or collection of human transplant organs, human blood or human blood products,

(vii) as a Marked Military Police vehicle,

(viii) as a breakdown vehicle,

(ix) as a road clearance vehicle,

(x) as a road works vehicle,

(xi) by a local authority (within the meaning of the Local Government Act 2001 (No. 37 of 2001)) or other person authorised by a local authority in the collection and disposal of refuse,

(xii) in the provision or maintenance of telephone services or of gas or electricity supply, or

(xiii) as a Customs and Excise patrol vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

Can I join the party too!!! www.BloodBikeEast.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Launch Day for Blood Bikes East Finally.
    Nice interview on TV3 yesterday too.
    http://www.tv3.ie/3player/show/155/61029/1/The-Morning-Show
    (16 minutes in)

http://www.thejournal.ie/bikers-give-up-free-time-to-help-cut-hse%E2%80%99s-e28m-taxi-bill-847812-Apr2013/

Hopefully this will roll out nationwide and the HSE will co-operate.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭mr.dunkey

Good luck to the service,and well done to all trying to get this company on the go

Advertisement