Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious issue with student access to UL Resources

Options
  • 05-04-2012 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

ITD wrote:
    There is a serious issue with student access to UL resources including SULIS, Sample Exam Papers and Library databases.

All student accounts are being reset. The process will take several hours.

Please check this student Email Account for updates.

Keep your pants on folks :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

panic-button.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

The one thing I hate is that there is many difference systems. It would be so easy if there was only one system and don't get me started on the systems that you can only access on campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

Update:
    At lunchtime today, a serious issue appeared on the UL account management system.

This has meant that students have not been able to access UL systems.

Student Account passwords have now been reset to your Date of Birth e.g. 12Jan1989

Please log in immediately to https://outside.ul.ie/passwordreset/StudentChangePassword.aspx to change your password. This will allow you access back in to all UL systems.

ITD apologises for any inconvenience caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

Squarewave wrote: »
    Update:
    At lunchtime today, a serious issue appeared on the UL account management system.

This has meant that students have not been able to access UL systems.

Student Account passwords have now been reset to your Date of Birth e.g. 12Jan1989

Please log in immediately to https://outside.ul.ie/passwordreset/StudentChangePassword.aspx to change your password. This will allow you access back in to all UL systems.

ITD apologises for any inconvenience caused.

I never got this email?! Can anyone advise me on where I can go online to manually change all of the passwords?!

The link?

• Advertisement

Jester252 wrote: »
    The link?

Duh! I'm half asleep sorry!!!

I'm feeling so stupid tonight, so at the risk of asking another stupid question...

I've just tried changing my password but it wouldn't work when I was putting my DOB in as the old password... Instead I had to put my actual old password in. Did IT not say everyone's password had been reverted back to our DOB?!

If you have a new password don't worry about it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Christ ITD... can ye get anything right?

And resetting to DOB's? Jesus, I could log in to about 5 people's accounts right now and lock them out of their own accounts before they even knew what was going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    And resetting to DOB's? Jesus, I could log in to about 5 people's accounts right now and lock them out of their own accounts before they even knew what was going on.

IBTL. Quite literally. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Christ ITD... can ye get anything right?

They could easily reset their passwords in the library so I doubt it's that big a concern.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Cossax wrote: »
    They could easily reset their passwords in the library so I doubt it's that big a concern.

There's far more malicious things I could do than just changing the password...

It must have been a critical issue with the system for them to risk such an insecure measure to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Whats the story with Sulis...I can't log into mine do i need to change the password for that aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

555066_403389323007042_286110431401599_1556229_2012732259_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Mikel91

It wont let me reset my password:mad:

Mikel91 wrote: »
    It wont let me reset my password:mad:

Try using your actual old password not DOB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

I am after doing the password reset as soon as i got the email and it was grand. Then today I logged into Student records and it was fine for a bit then I started to get error messages.

Is student records working for anyone now or is it just broken for me? It said it had to sign me out for security reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I am after doing the password reset as soon as i got the email and it was grand. Then today I logged into Student records and it was fine for a bit then I started to get error messages.

Is student records working for anyone now or is it just broken for me? It said it had to sign me out for security reasons

I'm aware there's testing going on on student records to make it work smoother at results time

I is so confused right now. It told me on Friday that the password change had been successful, yet I just logged into my email there with my old password. :\

Go UL

Advertisement