Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

console rent a server

Options
  • 03-04-2012 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

has anyone done this yet on the ps3, im just downloading the update on xbox at the minute. or has anyone played on any rent a servers? seems like a good idea in theory but does it work

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

has anyone done this yet on the ps3, im just downloading the update on xbox at the minute. or has anyone played on any rent a servers? seems like a good idea in theory but does it work
    The PS3 boards platoon lads have one at the moment and we are using it on private and we are just flying around in jets and helicopters without being shot down every minute.
    The other rented servers are pretty mental, especially the conquest operation metro servers with 1750 tickets and 'rules' like no RPGs and m320's . They warn you that you'll get kicked if you break the 'rules' but as these are ranked servers then I don't think there allowed to make up any rules according to DICE and EA

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,098 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

. They warn you that you'll get kicked if you break the 'rules' but as these are ranked servers then I don't think there allowed to make up any rules according to DICE and EA

They're not, that's what private servers are for. But it's pointless as EA won't enforce them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

The Irl clan have 2 servers now. Gotta say it's insane but ****ing great fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Arawn wrote: »
    The Irl clan have 2 servers now. Gotta say it's insane but ****ing great fun.

what are they called? in what section would i find them?:confused::D

iredonies irl server. Add TheMooseInNam he's in game right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

Ugh, already I've been kicked by a stupid admin. I was doing well in a game and someone kicked me. It's not going to turn into that sort of bull, is it?

Whats your username?? If we have clan members looking to join we'll kick randomers for them

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

I'm talking about a random one I was chucked into on quick match on the 360, sorry!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I shook my head in disbelief when I saw this.

Welcome to 15 years ago console clans :D</troll>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Irishdonies IRLclan server.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Bought one with a few friends yesterday. It's great that you can set up monster games of your favourite maps without ending up on CQ assault and the likes. The bigger ticket games makes it easier to get medals as well. The server is called #Boomtown if anyone wants to play. Fairly mixed level of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Cool name for a server. I'll have a look for it and join in.

Absolutely man. It'll be fairly quiet during the day so it's mostly nights. Must check out your server too.

Will have a look when the womans asleep and if ours are empty

Ours is proper empty ATM. Seems to only fill up when we get a few in. I was thinking that this server thing may dilute the playing field big time. It will at least double the number of servers available so the players are scattered even further. A catchy name seems to work. Saw a server called "Noobs and poorer players - Krap Clan" which is constantly full of high ranked colonels. Everyone with the same idea :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

Ours is proper empty ATM. Seems to only fill up when we get a few in. I was thinking that this server thing may dilute the playing field big time. It will at least double the number of servers available so the players are scattered even further. A catchy name seems to work. Saw a server called "Noobs and poorer players - Krap Clan" which is constantly full of high ranked colonels. Everyone with the same idea :pac:
    I was in a server the other day called "Madeline McCann: World Hide n Seek Champ".
    The server description was: "Help find Maddy"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Seems to only fill up when we get a few in.

No!

Really?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

It's very hard to get a game now that doesn't have a ridiculous amount of tickets.
    I don't often have the 2 bloody hours to spend playing one game on metro and I lose the million points that get racked up when I have to quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Did DICE just rent out all their own servers instead of adding new ones?
    All I seem to see are rented one's on the server browser.

Added #Boomtown and Irishdonies IRLclan as favourites, Ill jump on if theres some activity :D
    Is Irishdonies Hardcore only?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

Added #Boomtown and Irishdonies IRLclan as favourites, Ill jump on if theres some activity :D
    Is Irishdonies Hardcore only?
    Pretty much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Had an epic 1000 ticket match on the Xbox, really fun. Usually I don't like Seine, but it was great craic! Squads sticking together (for a change!), rubble everywhere, savage!

Anyone know of any flying practice servers on the Xbox? Seems to me the pros have gotten even better at flying, noobs like myself are being left for dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,533 ✭✭✭✭klose

Suppression isint as bad as i thought, just duck to cover for 3-4 seconds and you're grand, although ya might aswell be shooting blindfolded when you are supressed. The rented servers are pretty cool, 1000+ tickets on some is mad, yad be playing all day nearly!
    Love the option to quit after a round waiting for the next to start, new weapon balance is good, most seem very unique now.
    Whats happened twice tho is after turning off the xbox and going back on it keeps giving me the messages like congrats you downloaded the physical warfare pack/back to karkand etc etc.. and the weapons keep resetting to the original default classes which is pretty annoying.

Pretty happy with the patch :)

Suppression isint as bad as i thought, just duck to cover for 3-4 seconds and you're grand, although ya might aswell be shooting blindfolded when you are supressed. The rented servers are pretty cool, 1000+ tickets on some is mad, yad be playing all day nearly!
    Love the option to quit after a round waiting for the next to start, new weapon balance is good, most seem very unique now.
    Whats happened twice tho is after turning off the xbox and going back on it keeps giving me the messages like congrats you downloaded the physical warfare pack/back to karkand etc etc.. and the weapons keep resetting to the original default classes which is pretty annoying.

Pretty happy with the patch :)

Delete your saved game for BF3. Just the saved game itself, not the update or any of the DLC, it should be around 2-5mb. That'll stop that from happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

I like the longer matches now for the most part but I think it makes Rush far too easy for attackers. Was playing Metro with 500 tickets. Defenders were getting like 10 kills per death but in the end attackers could just keep up the pressure. Pretty awesome feeling though.

I also really like the new supression. Covering fire now works so well.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Establishing a base of fire and flanking being seriously rewarded. Been playing some games on smaller maps where because they're so long everything just slowly turns to rubble as the whole thing swings towards your team, then away, then back again, then away. Got some fantastic games since I installed this patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,533 ✭✭✭✭klose

Delete your saved game for BF3. Just the saved game itself, not the update or any of the DLC, it should be around 2-5mb. That'll stop that from happening.

Thanks for that!

Game I feel is much more fun now and nothing like throwing a grenade or rpg'ing somebody with a bipod LMG whos been tearing **** up! Easily getting 10000+ points on the big ticketed rush games on both sides and finally won a game of conquest on metro playing on the side that has to go up the stairs (RU I think??) turned around a 300 ticket depesit, twas great fun..People tend to PTFO on the longer games it seems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Flancrest

Starting to get our server up and running. Just wondering what kind of map rotations/ticket amounts people would be most interested in? Would you prefare a mix of game modes?

Just let me know and we can look at getting the most popular ones going

Server is #boomtown. We're usually on after 8 pm for a few hours.

Gamertag is CopperFaceJacks

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

Flancrest wrote: »
    Starting to get our server up and running. Just wondering what kind of map rotations/ticket amounts people would be most interested in? Would you prefare a mix of game modes?

Just let me know and we can look at getting the most popular ones going

Server is #boomtown. We're usually on after 8 pm for a few hours.

Gamertag is CopperFaceJacks

personally i think a mixture would be good and on rush not to have an overly high attacker ticket count, makes it too easy and the attackers will always win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Flancrest

personally i think a mixture would be good and on rush not to have an overly high attacker ticket count, makes it too easy and the attackers will always win
    Cheers man! We'll put it in the rotation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Flancrest wrote: »
    Cheers man! We'll put it in the rotation

What platform are you on?

Advertisement