Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else having/had a homebirth?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Yay I'm not the only one!!!

Best of luck with your homebirths Funny onion & Miss aggie & keep us updated.

I'm 34 weeks on Sat. I think I'm going to wait til 36 weeks before I pick up extra bits for the actual homebirth - ie; birthing pool (I'll reserve one in meantime), plastic sheeting, extra towels etc. Just in case I go early. If I go even a couple days before 38 weeks I have to go to hospital.

My midwife is coming Friday afternoon so I'm leaving work 2 1/2hrs early. In fairness this is the first time I've taken any time off for maternity stuff since early May & I've only had to do this on two occasions. But having said that, it will be really nice to get home a bit earlier :D

I'm hoping baby is still nicely head down (he has been for ages) & that everything else is fine.

Picked up my 2nd round of blood results from Rotunda for my midwife the other week & they're all normal so happy days so far.

I'll have lots of moaning to do to her between shocking heartburn, haemmorhoids, insomnia & puffy ankles!

Bit short notice but anyone in or near to the West Dublin/Kildare area, there is a homebirth support meeting tomorrow morning.

Details are here http://www.homebirth.ie/index.asp?mm=4&msm=2

Hoping to meet some others who had their first at home (or attempted to anyway :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 laobhaise

Hi Ladies, im just 4 wks but would love a homebirth. I'm living outside the domino scheme. If you would recommend your mid-wife then i would love to know about it. thanks :)

This is a blast from the past. I had Susan Cooney, but I think she might be retired now. She was wonderful, couldn't have asked for a better service.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭AshAdele

Hey i am hoping for a homebirth in cork in september. i have an amazing midwife organised, i really cant wait.
    i also did the gentlebirth class which i found fantastic, as did my husband.

the homebirth association of ireland have a list of independant midwives that do homebirths
    http://www.homebirth.ie/index.php/information-and-faq/list-of-practicing-homebirth-midwives

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭SanFran07

For anyone who is outside the MOU (or DOMINO catchment) and not eligible for a HSE led homebirth more options are coming very soon with a private midwifery service. Services will be announced later this week.

Advertisement