Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 lawless Ireland.. pit bulls..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Limbo123

Wikipedia certainly wouldn't my first port of call for correct information!

I have a staff and a collie, my bro in law has a pit x. The collie would be more inclined to bite! The staffie is a gentle loving dog who would only turn if you decided to break into my house. As for the pit x- I have seen babies sleeping on the sofa with him. He is fiercely protective of kids. That said- no dog no matter the breed should EVER be left unsupervised around children.

I take the dogs to the groomer and she says they are on the best behaviour and a joy to work with. She has also said it's the little ankle biters that are the demented dogs. Dogs like jack russels/yorkies and the rest of them stupid handbag dogs! She has lost count of how many times she has been bitten. So much so that she has had to call owners and demanded they collect their dogs. And when the owner arrives they are in total denial and believe that she has tormented the dog!

Labradors are the most common dog to bite because they are the most popular breed across the world. You don't hear about it though as people are not going to report it if it's just a nip.

Dogs are not the problem. The problem is feckless owners, bulls**t journalism and people calling for certain breeds to be exterminated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 AnimalCracker

I always thought Pitbulls were actually grand enough as long as the owners treated them well, so Id agree the producers were only going for shock value

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭REPTILEDAN88

Limbo123 wrote: »
    As for the pit x- I have seen babies sleeping on the sofa with him. He is fiercely protective of kids. That said- no dog no matter the breed should EVER be left unsupervised around children.
    A dog being overly protective can be a bad thing too, my dog will bark at friends/family he has never met but once myself,brother mother are around he knows they are ok and will allow them to pet him.

Advertisement