Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peats 'World of Electronics' (partly) Closing

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

delta36 wrote: »

Sounds landlords & other creditors that were playing hardball softened their stance a bit.

If so good for peats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

delta36 wrote: »

Good to hear! If they stock the upcoming Transformer Pad Infinity and it's no at a crazy price I'll buy it there!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Sand wrote: »
    Sad to see an Irish business fail, but I don't grasp why it was impossible for Peats to compete with online business? .

Looking at like for like. With a peats online presence and an soley online company, Peats have the added expence of city centre shop fronts to add to costs. So they have all the same expenses as the online crowd, plus the shop.How would you be able to trade at the same prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭Icepick

Prolonging the agony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Icepick wrote: »
    Prolonging the agony.

Actually no. The Peats shops themselves were/are profitable. The Sony Centres were another story. Sony as a company have been going through turmoil for years.

Without the dead weight of them, little rent issues to worry about and an online element that was showing great promise I expect great things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

It was an idiotic decision to have 11 stores in a relatively small city of 1 million people. This is just a sensible readjustment to a more sustainable number.

Advertisement