Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 - Week 14 Report

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Beat the Jags, no way in hell am I letting them take a wildcard place!

Not by much! a tough game for the Titans but one that should seal a wild card presuming I win.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

I am mad for this week to be advanced. Its really squeekybumtime for a lot of teams and I can't wait to see how it pans out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Beat the Jags, no way in hell am I letting them take a wildcard place!

they've still got a shot but have a tough finish to the season playing the Titans, Ravens and then you again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Rams wear gold....Rams win. 17-6vs browns. Had a rare field day wiyh my running game. Matthews stepped up and was giving them a pounding till he got his jaw broke but he is a tough cookie, only out for one week. Veeren stepped into the breach and continued a dominant running game for an easy win. Vick poor again but im used to that now. On a four game gold wearing winning streak.....bring on the Raiders!

Seahawks....new player joined??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

madalig12 wrote: »
    Rams wear gold....Rams win. 17-6vs browns. Had a rare field day wiyh my running game. Matthews stepped up and was giving them a pounding till he got his jaw broke but he is a tough cookie, only out for one week. Veeren stepped into the breach and continued a dominant running game for an easy win. Vick poor again but im used to that now. On a four game gold wearing winning streak.....bring on the Raiders!

I wish... I'm playing the bears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Eagles beat cardinals 13-10. In was expecting to lose this one, and the cowboys to lose against the 49ers but it seems like they've canceled each other out. My rookie HB on his first game after beig injured for 7 weeks with a broken collarbone broke i again mid game and that hit my offense hard.

oh, well bring on whomever is next!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

oh, well bring on whomever is next!!

that would be me and my redskins i hope your prepared im on a 1 game winning streak

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

im counting on you to beat the cowboys in your final game dont let me down nerd

• Advertisement

Washington eh! Bring it on!!! Big Fairly been waiting to squish some lawyer boys!

empacher wrote: »
    Eagles beat cardinals 13-10. In was expecting to lose this one, and the cowboys to lose against the 49ers but it seems like they've canceled each other out. My rookie HB on his first game after beig injured for 7 weeks with a broken collarbone broke i again mid game and that hit my offense hard.

Cardinals could lose another one or two while Shane is away. His game against the Bengals could have big playoff implications in AFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

Washington eh! Bring it on!!! Big Fairly been waiting to squish some lawyer boys!

its on like donkey kong

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

empacher wrote: »
    im counting on you to beat the cowboys in your final game dont let me down nerd

I was gutted that Shane had to leave the franchise as I thought after securing an unlikely win against the 49ers that I may just have done enough to nick the top spot if you had lost to the Cardinals.

IF (and it definitely is an if because I've struggled in my last few CPU games), I beat the Patriots in the next gameweek then our game in week 16 will be some game. It came down to an overtime FG the last time if I remember correctly? We should sell tickets for it and split the gate receipts :pac:

The thing working to my advantage is that I probably will have one more chance to secure top spot in the last game of the regular season even if you beat me as Berty would be expected to keep his unbeaten streak going. I will certainly be in for a very tough game though as Nerd destroyed the Seahawks and I barely beat them. Also, I think the Seahawks may have been taken over by a human player (at least they were when I logged into it earlier) so that could be an interesting last game for you.
    McG wrote: »
    Cardinals could lose another one or two while Shane is away. His game against the Bengals could have big playoff implications in AFC.

Same with the Bears with regards to the NFC.

I think they said they'd be back perhaps for this gameweek but if not and they lose the sim to the CPU Vikings (who have Tom Brady) then they'll go to 8-5, which is level with the second place team in the NFC East and could open it up for the NFC East to get a wildcard spot which seemed very unlikely only 2-3 weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ah now, Ravens took a whipping from Shane's Cards and now the Bengals get a CPU game

Upsetting :(

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Ah now, Ravens took a whipping from Shane's Cards and now the Bengals get a CPU game

Swings and roundabouts mate he hammered me just last week.

it is a bit tough on you alright. You just need to win your game against him and put him in a position where he has to beat the CPU

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

What's the story with the Bears? Any chance you'll miss your game with me?

They said it couldn't be done but for the first time since week one, Ravens finished a game without a pick :eek:
    Throwing picks 12 games in a row is just shameful :o

Ravens took an early lead with my best player Eric Berry SS getting a pick six

Michael Turner then entered beast mode for the Bengals breaking two tackles for a 74yd TD

But Ravens quickly took control with a Michael Bush TD and my downfield threat Eddie Royal with a 52yd TD
    Royal is my fastest player and six TD's and an average of 35.1yds per catch, a great deep threat. That's the highest yard per catch average in the league.

Marion Barber puts up another TD for the Ravens in a seven minute drive that consumed most of the third quarter.

Bengals fought back bravely with a huge third down conversion, an Aaron Hernandez TD and they won an onside kick

But the comeback was finished with Cam Newton throw another pick six to my linebacker

Stats
    Cam Newton 12 of 22, 1 TD, 3 INT
    Sam Bradford, 11 of 14, 1 TD, 0 INT

Both Michael Turner Bengals and Michael Bush Ravens got over one hundred yds and one TD each

Bengals, two sacks Ravens five sacks

MVP: Michael Boley LOLB, two sacks, one INT, one TD

Bengals still control their destiny as both teams are equal but Bengals have the better division record

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Mike has just thrown the cat (Bengal variety) amongst the pigeons!

Nice win mike, AFC North is set for an epic finish and week 17 is going to be very important!

• Advertisement

big win for Ravens.

Bengals have Colts (I'm still playing for seeding so will be motivated to win), Cardinals (Shane being away is a massive boost for Bengals) and Steelers (a win here would seal the tiebreaker against the Ravens)

Prediction: Bengals finish 8-8

Ravens have Browns (I think Dave is away so Mike should expect a win), Jaguars (decent CPU team with playoff hopes of their own) and Titans (The Titans will likely be playing to ensure their own playoff spot in this one)

Prediction: Ravens finish 8-8

Bengals take playoff spot with better divisional record. If Shane comes back though I see Ravens take it with better record.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Good game Mike, well deserved. Sorry couldn't chat too much, my wife was in the room with me (also, she finally moved home after working away for last 9 months, so even less time to devote to Madden now)

Not confident about my chances to make playoffs, even playing against CPU. Way I'm playing at the moment, McG will easily win and I have to hope for Ravens to stumble in one of their games.

Just not playing well, and don't have time to practice to actually improve that. And growing more and more frustrated with Cam Newton, second pick was my fault, terrible throw. The other two he was standing still in the pocket with no pressure and the passes were nowhere near intended receiver.

Once you went away from Bush early and got Bradford going, I couldn't seem to stop the passing game. No idea where the corner went for Royal's TD. Glimmer of hope (desperation?) when recovered the onside kick, but was never going to happen.

Very different from first season, rest of the league has gotten a lot better with more playing time, and might miss Jay Cutler more than I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Jets won the NY derby with the score not reflecting how tight the game was. Early big plays won it for the Jets.

Jets got first posession and drove for a FG. Then the game turned in 12 seconds. First Giants play from scrimmage and Smith threw a pick 6 to Webb. Kickoff. Second Giants play from scrimmage and Smith threw another pick 6, this time to Pearson. Q2 was all FG, Giants kicking two and the Jets one as the half ended. 20-6 at HT.

Jets crucially held the Giants first second half posession and then drove for Barden to grab a TD with coach Etloveslsd throwing a wobbly over Island Revis inability to defend.

Later Alex Smith threw another pick, although this was a case of Madden taking the pee as it was a good pass and Phillips was behind the WR but somehow reached around and picked it off. I was embarrassed, Etloveslsd incredulous. Teams traded FG as the game petered out 30-9 win for the Jets.

Game was a tough one with Giants playing good defence throughout, stifling the Jets potent offence. As always Jets spread the load with 7 different players catching passes and the all 4 running back getting carries. Turnovers proved crucial.

Great chatting as always !

that's all the games played except the all CPU clash of Bears v Vikings (unless Paddy is expected back)

Are the Seahawks a human team now?

Coming up on LM as owned by player QKitten83

Are the Seahawks a human team now?

Coming up on LM as owned by player QKitten83

I had a chap PM me and referred him to santry so that could be him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Lads,

As paddy has told me he will be back on Wednesday, the league will not be advanced until Thursday morning.

Also, we do now have another new player who has taken over the Seahawks. So welcome NukaCola to the league :)

SantryRed wrote: »
    Lads,

As paddy has told me he will be back on Wednesday, the league will not be advanced until Thursday morning.

Also, we do now have another new player who has taken over the Seahawks. So welcome NukaCola to the league :)

Yep i think thats fine, however if he doesnt get it back we're all going to be :mad::mad: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

Yep i think thats fine, however if he doesnt get it back we're all going to be :mad::mad: :D

not as mad as im going to be if i dont get it back hopefully i get it tomorrow and will have it played around six o clock all going well

• Advertisement

not as mad as im going to be if i dont get it back hopefully i get it tomorrow and will have it played around six o clock all going well

Ah it's ok I'm getting my Madden fix from the IG franchise tonight against a fellow boardsie :p

Advertisement