Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazing Story

• 30-03-2012 10:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭

Just found this article from 2008 and I found it to be a extraordinary story about a severely neglected girl who found a home and a life. It's a bit long but well worth the read! :)

Could possibly distress some people however:

http://www.tampabay.com/features/humaninterest/article750838.ece/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

I remember reading this years ago but what always struck me as odd was how were they allowed to adopt her if they didnt even have room for her their son William had to give up his bedroom and sleep in the laundry room
    William was used to living like an only child, but since Dani has moved in, she gets most of their parents' attention. "She needs them more than me," he says simply.
    He gave her his old toys, his "kid movies," his board books. He even moved out of his bedroom so she could sleep upstairs. His parents painted his old walls pink and filled the closet with cotton-candy dresses.
    They moved a daybed into the laundry room for William, squeezed it between the washing machine and Dani's rocking horse. Each night, the 10-year-old boy cuddles up with a walkie-talkie because "it's scary down here, all alone."

:(

Advertisement