Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MalCallan

Agonisingly slow, Windows 7 on computers that were out in 2000 is a bad bad thing. Glad ya got sorted though dood!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

Anyone know who you have to talk to about transferring college?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

andrew369 wrote: »
    Anyone know who you have to talk to about transferring college?

The admissions office of the college you want to transfer to are your first stop, to see a) if the allow advanced entry and b) what the conditions are if they do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

The admissions office of the college you want to transfer to are your first stop, to see a) if the allow advanced entry and b) what the conditions are if they do :)

Thanks Fire, will try get on that tomorrow :)

andrew369 wrote: »
    Thanks Fire, will try get on that tomorrow :)

No worries :) Know the process cause I'm going through it too :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

I just watched Wolverine and I don't get it, why did he have bone claws at the end? o.o This is general discussion and I can post non-Maynooth related questions if I want >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

I think it was cuz his knives are bone claws replaced with adamantium, so when the claws were ripped out, he lost the adamantium, but the claws underneath, which were bone, regenerated.

Wait wait wait, was The Wolverine just spoiled for me? Sunavabitch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

How so Joe wrote: »
    I think it was cuz his knives are bone claws replaced with adamantium, so when the claws were ripped out, he lost the adamantium, but the claws underneath, which were bone, regenerated.

Yeah, Thwip explained it to me o.o X-Men so silly!

Most definitely not! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

No compulsory attendance in Law is the worst thing that happened to me this year... First time in my life I got into the habit of skipping lectures and I can't get out of it :/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Paczini wrote: »
    No compulsory attendance in Law is the worst thing that happened to me this year... First time in my life I got into the habit of skipping lectures and I can't get out of it :/

You were giving out about it at the beginning of the year :-P

Though I'm actually looking at my own attendance atm. My worst is 75% attendance (missing 6 of 24) which isn't too bad though I'd rather it was better. I really need my body to fix up it's sleep issues

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'm in an awful position, History have total compulsory attendance but due to some nasty personal stuff I have missed several tutorials and elective classes and have pretty much failed my elective as it was/is continuous assessment.

You were giving out about it at the beginning of the year :-P

Though I'm actually looking at my own attendance atm. My worst is 75% attendance (missing 6 of 24) which isn't too bad though I'd rather it was better. I really need my body to fix up it's sleep issues

haha I know I was! It was really stressful last year when you couldnt miss more than 3 lectures but right now its even worse.. at least compulsory attendance made me go in but this year I just cannot get up in the mornings (not even gonna mention my lowest attendance cause its under 50%) and like today for example, I didnt bother going in for french cause Im still trying to get over my yesterdays presentation and I cant stand to hear this language right now.. so I didnt even bother going in for law in the afternoon cause it was too much effort to go on campus for an hour. I HATE MYSELF

Now that I think of it my attendance in 2/3 laws is under 50% :(

I'm in an awful position, History have total compulsory attendance but due to some nasty personal stuff I have missed several tutorials and elective classes and have pretty much failed my elective as it was/is continuous assessment.

Go into the History dept and talk to them. They're really good for stuff like that. Prof Lyons is particularly lovely. I know a guy who was allowed do a second module in second semester because his attendance was crap in his semester one.

Go into the History dept and talk to them. They're really good for stuff like that. Prof Lyons is particularly lovely. I know a guy who was allowed do a second module in second semester because his attendance was crap in his semester one.

I have really screwed up should have been over to speak today but didn't get out of bed as I didn't feel good, worst thing is I am staying on campus in St Pats so I can see the History department from the window of my room, I think the extra module option might be my only one but I am already struggling with the work load this term, I guess I will head over in the morning so.

I have really screwed up should have been over to speak today but didn't get out of bed as I didn't feel good, worst thing is I am staying on campus in St Pats so I can see the History department from the window of my room, I think the extra module option might be my only one but I am already struggling with the work load this term, I guess I will head over in the morning so.

Email Professor Lyons and ask if you can arrange a meeting with her. You'll be ok. PM me if you want to talk or whatever. I've been through similar though I ended up deferring myself as a result.

Thanks, I have been through this a couple of times now for various reasons having to differ twice so I don't want to do that again but needs must, thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I missed three labs through my own stupidity, as they were at 4pm...and I was going home at 3pm on those days. *facepalm*

Thanks, I have been through this a couple of times now for various reasons having to differ twice so I don't want to do that again but needs must, thanks again.

Sorry, I wasn't telling you what to do, just explaining my position. :)

• Advertisement

Sorry, I wasn't telling you what to do, just explaining my position. :)

:eek: Sorry if that came off wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Speaking of compulsory attendance, does anyone know if AFF260 (Humanities Computing) has it? I've missed far too many of those this year. Despite this I nearly have 100% in CA so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

marko93 wrote: »
    Yeah, Thwip explained it to me o.o X-Men so silly!

Advantage of the job, I have to know this stuff. Any comic stuff you need to know, give us a shout

He did you a favour man, the only thing that spoils that movie is actually watching it

Come back to me when a customer spoils the last book of "Y the Last Man" for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Thwip! wrote: »
    He did you a favour man, the only thing that spoils that movie is actually watching it

Come back to me when a customer spoils the last book of "Y the Last Man" for you
    I had the ending of Harry Potter 6 spoiled on me. I was very unbloodypleased. Lousy sod assumed that anyone interested in the movies had read the books, which was not the case with me. I did later listen to them, read by Stephen Fry, while on the bike for a whole summer, which was brilliant. BUT STILL! Lousy spoiling spoilery sods are sods.

I kinda liked Wolverine. Wouldn't watch it again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

How so Joe very nearly spoiled Lord of the Rings for me...nearly!

DO NOT PUT ANY SPOILERS OR I WILL CRY

(I haven't finished the novels and as such, haven't seen the films. You can kill me later.)

You lot are bad influences. Woke up for my 9am but just couldn't get out of bed for it so I went back to sleep. I'm blaming our conversation yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

kellief wrote: »
    How so Joe very nearly spoiled Lord of the Rings for me...nearly!

DO NOT PUT ANY SPOILERS OR I WILL CRY

(I haven't finished the novels and as such, haven't seen the films. You can kill me later.)

Gandalf regenerates into Dumbledore in the end

You lot are bad influences. Woke up for my 9am but just couldn't get out of bed for it so I went back to sleep. I'm blaming our conversation yesterday.

Got sorted today with History thanks for the posts yesterday.

Got sorted today with History thanks for the posts yesterday.

Glad to hear it!

• Advertisement

Thats just like me every single morning..

Advertisement