Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I Kill Paarthurnax?

Options
  • 29-03-2012 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

what is the befit of killing him, what happens if i dont kill him

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I don't think you gain anything from killing him, and the greybeards won't talk to you if you do afaik. I didn't kill him because he just looks beast and doesn't deserve to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I murdered the fcuk out of him.

But after i got all of the locations from greybeards, also their chest is a handy loot dropping spot as you fast travel directly to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Dont murder Paarthurnax!
    He's a noble old dragon, and has done nothing to hurt you.

Loot comes & goes, there is no point in killing one of the main story characters just for the sake of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dont murder Paarthurnax!
    He's a noble old dragon, and has done nothing to hurt you.

Loot comes & goes, there is no point in killing one of the main story characters just for the sake of it.

I killed everyone, even installed a mod so i could kill everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I killed everyone, even installed a mod so i could kill everyone!

You might want to speak to someone about that! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,541 ✭✭✭✭klose

Make sure ya improve one of your thu'ums before killing him, dosent make much difference I think. he glitched out when I killed him so twas the easiest dragon kill I ever made...

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭TrollHammaren

Killing him gets you in the Blades' favour, but pisses off the Greybeards. You'll be welcome again in Sky Haven Temple where you'll be able to go on dragon-hunting missions with the new Blade members you recruit.

I didn't kill him with my main character because he's awesome and deserves to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kfish2oo2

The Blades are pathetic, and I dislike them immensely, but I also dislike Paarthurnax - he even says in one of his little speeches that all dragons crave power and dominion. Paarthurnax controls the Greybeards and makes them into isolated safeguards of the Dragon Tongue so that humans can't gain the kind of power that dragons have. Like every character in Skyrim, he's just watching his own back, making sure his species stays powerful enough to be held apart from humans, but not so powerful that they destroy the world (which can ultimately be attributed to selfishness, because without a human world to rule over, the dragons would turn again to infighting to satisfy their need for power. Also, there's a chance that dragons could survive the kind of destruction that Alduin would bring about, since Alduin himself could travel between universes).

Paarthurnax tries desperately to stay in the Dragon Born's good books because like Alduin, the Dragon Born is a force of nature, an inevitable power in the world. He organises the Greybeards and influences the world around him so that directly or indirectly, his is the first influencing power on the Dragon Born. He's every bit a dragon; he works endlessly to exert his power on the world - but unlike his brother who rules through sheer might, Paarthurnax prefers to wield his influence from the shadows where its safer, where he's less likely to become a target.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

He is also voiced by the guy who plays mario, so bear in mind your killing mario as well. :<

Advertisement