Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healthy Diet Advice..

Options
  • 29-03-2012 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Would appericate some advice, tips etc on this..

Ok so im 21 years old, female, height 5"4. Weight aprox 126pounds
    I lost about 4 stone in the last few years by plenty of excersise and watching what I ate, a small chunk of the weight loss was due to a breakup and not having an appetite to eat.

I find my weight fluctuates very easily, mainly due to the fact that I LOVE food especially fast foods.. :P Weekends are the worse as I would have a take out twice sometimes 3 times a weekend and feel I eat what I want once hits Friday :/

Anyways even though i've been told that I'm currently at a healthy weight I feel there is still room for improvement - like losing a few extra pounds, getting really tonned and maintaining my weight.

Since the new year i've been trying my very hardest and feel like im getting no where, a part from not gaining weight but i'm not losing it either. I have some good days and some days (pig out lazy days)..I want to now stick to a diet and start seeing results fast...

An average day consists of :

Breakfast - Porriage with skimmed milk, mixed seeds, and berries
    Lunch - chicken salad, tuna sandwhich or egg salad sandwhich
    Dinner - Chicken stir fry, cooked fish (usually white) with veg and spuds, or roast chicken dinner.
    Snack - (2-3 times a day) fruit,popcorn,yougurt, smoothie or sometimes nuts.

I try to take in as much protein as possible as I understand it fills you for longer and can help build mussel.

I do a 45 min spin & tone class twice a week which consists of 25 min spin and 20 min of tonning excersises. A try also go for a long walk/jog aswell once a week.

Is there any where I can improve ? any other foods should I be eating or any other techniques I could do.?

Appericate all your help.. Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭roseybear

knowit12 wrote: »
    Would appericate some advice, tips etc on this..

Ok so im 21 years old, female, height 5"4. Weight aprox 126pounds
    I lost about 4 stone in the last few years by plenty of excersise and watching what I ate, a small chunk of the weight loss was due to a breakup and not having an appetite to eat.

I find my weight fluctuates very easily, mainly due to the fact that I LOVE food especially fast foods.. :P Weekends are the worse as I would have a take out twice sometimes 3 times a weekend and feel I eat what I want once hits Friday :/

Anyways even though i've been told that I'm currently at a healthy weight I feel there is still room for improvement - like losing a few extra pounds, getting really tonned and maintaining my weight.

Since the new year i've been trying my very hardest and feel like im getting no where, a part from not gaining weight but i'm not losing it either. I have some good days and some days (pig out lazy days)..I want to now stick to a diet and start seeing results fast...

An average day consists of :

Breakfast - Porriage with skimmed milk, mixed seeds, and berries
    Lunch - chicken salad, tuna sandwhich or egg salad sandwhich
    Dinner - Chicken stir fry, cooked fish (usually white) with veg and spuds, or roast chicken dinner.
    Snack - (2-3 times a day) fruit,popcorn,yougurt, smoothie or sometimes nuts.

I try to take in as much protein as possible as I understand it fills you for longer and can help build mussel.

I do a 45 min spin & tone class twice a week which consists of 25 min spin and 20 min of tonning excersises. A try also go for a long walk/jog aswell once a week.

Is there any where I can improve ? any other foods should I be eating or any other techniques I could do.?

Appericate all your help.. Thanks :)

Your diet is pretty good so I'd say up the exercise. Depending on what your able for add in another jog/walk or even a combo of both - walk to the lamp-post, jog to the next one, faster to the next then back to the walk, building up to making the walk part a jog

And cut down the take aways.. And you didn mention it here but if you're boozing at all that's no help at all to weight loss. Also you said you have your lazy pig out days - if you're really honest how many days in a month would this be?! I'm kinda in the same boat as yourself, 21 and weight at a stand still but I know it's cause my pig out days are far to frequent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭knowit12

Yeah i'm going to try do more classes and have less pig out days and cut down to only one take out a week to treat myself :)

I'm not really a heavy drink, I drink every one night every second weekend sometimes once a weekend but when I do drink , I drink a lot - also going to try cut back on my drink amount and hangover food :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Obviously one or two take aways a week would be enough but you need to work on the exercise too, TBH someone young should be doing something nearly every day of the week, try to find ways to fit it in around other things like work / social life etc. Maybe a few visits to the gym or runs / walks might be possible?

Advertisement