Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea nymph

Options
  • 27-03-2012 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Just bought a 12foot sea nymph and also a 15hp Honda 4stroke 2006 short shaft engine.Havent tried it yet.Just wondering if it will be fast or very fast?:)

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

243Xpress wrote: »
    Just bought a 12foot sea nymph and also a 15hp Honda 4stroke 2006 short shaft engine.Havent tried it yet.Just wondering if it will be fast or very fast?:)

Anything from 15 - 30 mph depending on whet weight you are carrying, fast enough in a 12ft boat :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

I used to have a 12 footer too with a 10hp two stroke merc, with two people I got around 20-23mph. I would think you will get about the same. With one person 25mph or so should be possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Oh check thoroughly for leaky rivets, it you have some you need to re-rivet. Dont bother trying to seal it with anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭243Xpress

tin79 wrote: »
    I used to have a 12 footer too with a 10hp two stroke merc, with two people I got around 20-23mph. I would think you will get about the same. With one person 25mph or so should be possible.
    Tried it this morning with 2 people in it.Dont know exactly how fast we were going but it was moving.Very fast .good fun.

Advertisement