Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is the used car market fecked?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Any feedback that you see with my add (in signature) before I put it on donedeal?

Drop the price to €2950, sounds better than €3000.

The pics of the car are too far away, you hiding scratches?

Give it a wash and get out to take the photos this week while its still sunny, take the photos in a brighter location than that street, a bit of greenery in tha back might help.

Pic from the outside of the car of front seats and back seats and a wider pic of the dashboard.

Open the boot and take a pic.

Tyres 90% ? Take a close of pic of the tyre thread, if the tyres are a decent brand show this in the pic.

Drop the
    I drive hundreds of miles weekly, both in town and motorway commuting and not one bother.

Selling as I fancy a change to something auto ,RWD and high powered while i'm still young ;)
    , no disrespect but you sound a bit of a possible boy racer.

Serviced you say? When? When did you change the oil etc last?

Where's the cosmetic damage? Better to leave this off and tell on the phone.

Whats the mileage?

Change the title to VW Golf TDi MK4 Diesel, (no need to put for sale on it). Yes TDi means its a diesel but put in in anyway.

Best of luck!

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Was it sold from adverts?

I got my first negative review on there :(:rolleyes: from some twat who didn't buy anything from me

No, it must have been sold via donedeal as the buyer rang him, but I can't find it on donedeal as I think he took it off. Same ad though.

If you look through other Hiace ads it stands out as it the photos weren't taken in a yard, site etc and it's been washed (which helps).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

Op your car is over priced and on the wrong website below are for adds on DD as you can see cars with lower milage than yours are asking around 7000 euro also your are up against it black is not a great colour to sell white is worse. You need extra photo's the one that is up makes you car look like it has dents on it. You milage for that type of car is average however if I am looking at a car that age I try to get low milage ones so that when i have to sell 3or4 years later it has not got crazy milage. You are also in longford so anyone buying privately near you are also looking accross the border From what I see your car should be priced about 6000-6300 euro

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3063241
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3063153
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3158053
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3151464

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Stheno wrote: »
    I may be wrong but from all the reading on here, and any additional reading I've done on modern diesels (including Autos) if they have a DSG then they need a regular long journey at least once a month to clear up any residue build up or it can cause issues, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong?

Also I posted from the perspective of being an owner of a very very old diesel even when I had it, I consider extras like electric seats etc to be just something more that can go wrong.

And from a buyers point of view not having an NCT especially if it's near due is a put off as it indicates something to hide.

I wonder if you are confusing Direct Shift Gearbox with Diesel Particulate Filter?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭the great purveyor of mediocrity

Right, got the tax sorted. I paid it for three months up to the end of June. It might be some small bit of a help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Right, got the tax sorted. I paid it for three months up to the end of June. It might be some small bit of a help.

OP, I still can't find your new ad on Donedeal - can you post a link please?

• Advertisement

Just put up six extra photos as well. Yeah, one photo just wasn't cutting it.

OP, I still can't find your new ad on Donedeal - can you post a link please?

Hey Randy Hickey. I haven't got it on Donedeal yet. So far, it's only on cbg.ie at this link.

http://www.cbg.ie/car_detail.aspx?ID=4182467

Right put up a little story selling piece on it and I'm getting it serviced later on today as well. Hopefully I'll be saying goodbye to it soon.

I've dropped the price another €500 and plastered it up on gumtree as well. I think I've implemented most of the recommendations that I've received here from various people so thanks to all of you who have given ideas/advice.

http://www.cbg.ie/car_detail.aspx?ID=4182467

http://dublin.gumtree.ie/c-Cars-and-vehicles-for-Sale-cars-Volkswagen-Passat-for-sale-mint-condition-W0QQAdIdZ369167342

The only thing I haven't done that some of you have advised is put it up on donedeal. I will do that next.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

The only thing I haven't done that some of you have advised is put it up on donedeal. I will do that next.
    Place your ad on DoneDeal and take three more photos (preferably interior) prior to placing your ad. There are 10 photos that you can upload and you are allowed to have 1000 words description. Make sure that you use all of that for your €3 and good luck with the sale ;).

• Advertisement

Ha, just had my second query via text......and fraudulent. Same as the first one. Are you lot getting the same craic? The number the text query is from is unusual. It is as follows: "+1-708-620-7566" That's the exact format it comes up on my phone with the hyphens and everything.
    .....and the text is as follows: "Are you the first owner? If yes kindly get back to me with the total price on my personal e-mail address mkilburn111@gmail.com for further correspondence"

This is fraudulent as bejaysus? I haven't gone completely mad and cynical or have I?

The American flag on that number just came up by the way. I didn't put that in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

708 is Illinois.

This is fraudulent as bejaysus? I haven't gone completely mad and cynical or have I?

Ignore all texts or emails like that.
    And get the car on donedeal if you want it gone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

bazz26 wrote: »
    You can also have a car with a fraction of the mileage needing the same things replaced, it depends on who drove it and how it was driven. Parts don't necessarily wear with mileage, they wear with use or abuse. Some people disgarding a car because it has more than 80k or 100k miles on the clock is just daft.

Mileage IS use. :confused:

While there are exceptions to the rule, like a car that's just been on the motorway and driven sympathetically. Or a car that's been a garage queen, In the general a car with less mileage is fresher.

Have to say I've always sold a car quicker Iespecially taxi type cars) in the national paper than on the web. Lot of people not on the web, who buy the paper. Especially taxi drivers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Youll have to cut the price 1500 euros at least to shift it tax or no tax. Unfortunately (especially if you bought it new) the losses on used cars are astronomical and bear no relation to the utility value of the car versus the new price.

Advertisement