Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help to find bbq area in Dublin

Options
  • 26-03-2012 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi guys, it is summer again, and I came across the same problem this year, I want to have bbq! I went to phoenix park yesterday, only to find BBQ strictly prohibited...I live in the apartment, and I used to go to powerscourt waterfall. But have to pay entry fee there. I am just wondering if there are any places I can have BBQ without causing problems? Thanks guys! enjoy the sunshine!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Not without a group of people coming up to you expecting to be fed. I'm not too sure but there might be a law about cooking food in public places (I know you're not selling it), but might want to check this site for more info.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,782 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

the beach?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

I know that some picnic tables in public parks were ruined by people using disposable BBQs directly on top of the wooden tables! So I don't know.. there was a discussion here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 zzhihui

Does this mean you have to live in a house to enjoy BBQ???? unlike other countries, there would always be some park available for this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

You can BBQ in the Phoenix park in designated areas this summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

If you're going to live in Loughlinstown (other thread) then Killiney Hill park might be suitable, i'm not sure if a park warden would have a problem but I've never seen one up there.

Advertisement