Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBQ in Dublin?

Options
  • 30-04-2009 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi, I was just wondering if it's possible to have a bbq in any of the public parks in dublin. Does anyone know of any designated bbq areas or rules related to having one?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Dunno bout parks..doubt it due to fire regulations etc.
    A beach thugh would be much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

A certain ethnic group have BBQ's every weekend in the phoenix park,as well as bonfires. I don't know if it's legal or not,but they do it EVERY weekend in summer and don't seem to be bothered by the wardens.Maybe the wardens are afraid of them or something,I'm not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I've certainly seen people cooking on BBQs in the Pheno in the summer alright, and not of any "certain ethnic group" either.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Phoenix Park and Dalkey Park have no problem with it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

I've seen some in Malahide Castle in the summer.

• Advertisement

dubtom wrote: »
    A certain ethnic group have BBQ's every weekend in the phoenix park,as well as bonfires. I don't know if it's legal or not,but they do it EVERY weekend in summer and don't seem to be bothered by the wardens.Maybe the wardens are afraid of them or something,I'm not sure.

Aborigines?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Degsy wrote: »
    Aborigines?

Hey man, they were here before us. Barbeques are in their culture.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Bonfires?! Witches? Pagans? Any chance you could be more specific on who and where?

I'm in the park about three times a week. I've only ever seen Bangladeshis, Irish and Eastern Europeans with BarB's. Never seen a bonfire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I've never seen bon fires in the park, and I work there so I'm likely to know about it.

But there's a regular group of people who have large BBQ's just off the Acres Rd (opposite the Papal cross), not sure of their nationality tbh.

I looked through THIS SITE but could find nothing on by-laws in relation to BBQ's.

I myself have used the disposable type of BBQ in Malahide Castle without complaint from anyone.

I myself have used the disposable type of BBQ in Malahide Castle without complaint from anyone.

Did you not burn the furniture?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,018 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

No problem with barbeques, but the wardens will draw a line at bonfires.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Roma was the group I was referring to,perhaps I should have said in my post.
    I have seen bonfires,well not large ones,perhaps the people were using the fire for cooking,not sure. I didn't know BBQ's were allowed in the park,would that be the disposable types or would one fueled by an actual fire be allowed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Roma was the group I was referring to,perhaps I should have said in my post.

I wonder what BBQ'd swans taste like!.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Was hoping to bring one of the disposable BBQs from Lidl to the Phoenix Park and a few Superquinn sausages tomorrow, lets hope theres no hassle...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

ian_m wrote: »
    Was hoping to bring one of the disposable BBQs from Lidl to the Phoenix Park and a few Superquinn sausages tomorrow, lets hope theres no hassle...

When lighting those disposable BBQs light the ignition paper in several places to make sure all charcoal gets started. Wasted one today by not lighting it in several spots and had to resort to petrol to get it going in end!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

When lighting those disposable BBQs light the ignition paper in several places to make sure all charcoal gets started. Wasted one today by not lighting it in several spots and had to resort to petrol to get it going in end!

Sauasages ala Octane 98, magical

Advertisement