Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improving diet and body tone in 12 weeks? HELP!

Options
  • 26-03-2012 4:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hey everybody!,
    i have decided i want to go to ibiza for a couple weeks at the end of June for the end of summer. but the problem i have is that i have a really bad diet mostly consisting of home cooked pizza, deep fat fried chips and sausages and a decent bit of ham,roast beef and other meats. thats it! i eat no fruits or vegetables as i had in my head since i was younger that there nasty (not that there nasty just that there nicer food out there like junk food) :p . occasionally I'll have a banana and some tinned beans.

thats the way it has been for years now im nearly 20.

Now back on topic im planning on going to ibiza round June 26'ish so i have about 12 weeks to get the best diet and exercise i can so i can look and feel the best i can but i realize 12 weeks is no time at all but im hoping to look and feel at my best.

so my question is
    Q1... if i want a good diet what should i eat as my daily routine for breakfast dinner and lunch?

Q2... i play football and sports anyway but if i start lifting weights and going running and the likes will there any diffrence in 12 weeks with this diet

Pics
    Sad i know but im slender'ish to average build just so you know what i have to work with.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/585/frontbody1.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/6/sidezo.jpg/

Any info or ideas id be more than grateful :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

12 weeks of weight training would make a huge difference if you were to clean up your diet too. If you cut out all the junk food and possibly bread, rice and pasta, combined with the weight training you should definitely see results in 12 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭sharkey 25

dorgasm wrote: »
    12 weeks of weight training would make a huge difference if you were to clean up your diet too. If you cut out all the junk food and possibly bread, rice and pasta, combined with the weight training you should definitely see results in 12 weeks.
    Why do you think he should cut out rice , bread and pasta?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

If you havn't already, quit alcohol. It is detrimental to any weightloss, or fitness plan.

sharkey 25 wrote: »

Because if he wants to lose weight quickly just for appearances on holiday, cutting out those carbs for 12 weeks will get him to his goal a lot quicker and easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭sharkey 25

dorgasm wrote: »
    sharkey 25 wrote: »

Because if he wants to lose weight quickly just for appearances on holiday, cutting out those carbs for 12 weeks will get him to his goal a lot quicker and easier.
    If he is going to continue sport and going to the gym he is going to need carbs. He didn't say wanted to lose weight. Looking at the pics he is already skinny.
    I would suggest the op join my fitness pal , its helped me a lot as I'm trying to lose weight while trying to keep muscle.
    The most important thing for you op is to have a caloric deficit if your goal is to lose weight. Try to have a diet that is high in protein, people say 1 gram per pound of body weight , make sure to get fats about .25 to .5 of a gram per pound of body weight. Then fill in the rest with carbs.
    That probably sounds very confusing to you but mfp will do a lot of the work for you. Have a read through the stickies also.

• Advertisement

I never said avoid all carbs. I did say avoid carbs in bread, pasta and rice. This is only a small change and it would definitely work out for him. Also, I did say possibly cut them them out, never said it was essential. The weight training is a must though.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭TheFishingKid

Cheers everyone appreciate the info and opinions ;)

Advertisement