Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

suzuki df6 propeller

Options
  • 25-03-2012 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Hi.

Could not find anything to answer my questions on Boards so here I'm again:

I was stupid enough to hit a bunch of rocks while reversing my boat.
    One blade of propeller is half missing other two bent/scratched.
    I had no problems with running it in this condition (in order to get back to the slipway/car) for quite distance (entire length of lough Ennell) without significant problems with speed etc. so i believe that all gears/rest of engine are not affected (subject to examination in few days time).
    Now i guess i have two options:

1 repairing propeller (is it worth doing? is it money efficient? judging by adverts found it should half the price).
    2 buying new one (i know there is number of factors influencing a right choice: like pitch, diameter etc. If i would go for new one is there a way of "tune" it to my outboard and boat so it will go quicker for example?
    Would someone recommend a certain prop (6hp outboard with 17" lake boat usually doing about 7mph on full throttle it would be nice to get few extra mph:) or shall I just stick to original one?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Hi MarcinG I would go for a new one if you broke a blade off you should be able to get one under €100 the numbers are on the hub of the prop like 7 1/2 x 6, 6 1/2, 7 i'd be inclined to stick with the one thats on it, if it's a 7 pitch thats as high as they go.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭MarcinG

Thanks Fergal I could bet you'll answer.

MPD seems to have a selection with roughly 10e difference for every "smaller size" smallest listed is for 10-15 HP and costs 85E maybe my one will be in 75-85 budget which is not bad but i would rather use this money in other way ;)

If everything gonna go for me the way it does Dec 2012 may be a end of the world....

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

To get your own welded, leveled out, balanced and painted you will be looking at that sort of money if not more.
    Maybe you should ask santa to bring you one.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭ISAW

Marcin are you in Dublin
    the Suzuki guy in in Malahiode Marina
    My motor fell off the back and I lost the tilt pin.
    they cost 30 quid but he had a second hand one for 15
    Him or one of the other suzuki guys might have a second hand prop.
    Just call Malahide marina and they will have his number.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

these guys are always advertising on another site , surely worth a call at least to see what it would rough cost.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/boats/2731353

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭MarcinG

thanks guys I was quite busy fishing + boards didn't work for me for few days.

I finally ordered new original prop (70e) but it turns out it has different fitting inside - I'm just sorting it out with viking marine.

Advertisement