Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish drugs 'mule' dies in Venezuela after condoms full of cocaine burst

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I knew the chap very well.

I feel so sorry for his family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

EGAR wrote: »
    Does anyone know what a massive overdose of the ****e causes? I.e. was it quick or painful?

I would imagine slow and painful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatches/globalpost-blogs/que-pasa/over-500-deaths-last-year-at-venezuelas-notorious-prisons

CARACAS, Venezuela — With inmates wielding machine guns, rifles and grenades and guards often unwilling to enter the overcrowded buildings for fear of their own death, jails in Venezuela have become a lawless territory that magnify the violence outside their walls. More than 500 people were killed in Venezuela’s notoriously dangerous prisons last year, according to a local charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I've little sympathy for cocaine dealers and those who work for them. Even less so when they're stupid enough to think that ingesting a relatively huge amount of cocaine with nothing protecting it from their body but a thin layer of plastic is a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

Even less so when they're stupid enough to think that ingesting a relatively huge amount of cocaine with nothing protecting it from their body but a thin layer of plastic is a good idea.

Yup cos they have yet to develop a morning after pill to deal with the issue of a split condom full of cocaine.....

Nasty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 westernventure

they thought they were big boys dealing the yaya in sligo! haha wait until they meet some of the gentlemen who await them in a caracas jail,

I have no sympathy for the fcuking scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭starch4ser

Does anyone know what a massive overdose of the ****e causes? I.e. was it quick or painful?

I've heard of a few people over the years dieing in similar circumstances. Seems they start having mad fits like they're a transformer changing figure and black foam comes out of their mouths. Lucky it didn't happen on the plane. Imagine if you were sitting next to the guy when it all kicks off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

hondasam wrote: »
    This is a very good point problemchimp, people who take drugs don't see themselves as bad as the ones who sell them, without a buyer there would be no need for a seller.
    whether you buy or sell drugs, you're the lowest of the low.
    Jess16 wrote: »
    Sad my ass, if you're stupid enough to play with fire, you're gonna get burned. Natural selection at it's finest

Seconded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭policarp

Condom burst.
    Morning after pill.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Ilovemyusername

Jesus get over yourselves "whether you use drugs or sell them you're the lowest of the low" Are you having a laugh? What about murderers and pedophiles? A person has died have a bit of respect for them and their family, just because someone does drugs doesn't mean they're the lowest of the low. I'm sure a lot of people on here have done drugs and most of you probably drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes which are also drugs so cop on and get a grip for Gods sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭aquaman

"Irish drugs 'mule' dies in Venezuela after condoms full of cocaine burst"

Can that happen?

I'm never doing that again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 westernventure

Jesus get over yourselves "whether you use drugs or sell them you're the lowest of the low" Are you having a laugh? What about murderers and pedophiles? A person has died have a bit of respect for them and their family, just because someone does drugs doesn't mean they're the lowest of the low. I'm sure a lot of people on here have done drugs and most of you probably drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes which are also drugs so cop on and get a grip for Gods sake.

ohh shut up ya old clown...they deserve what they get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

booboo88 wrote: »
    He is the lowest of the low.

Nah. Whoever sent him to do it is though.

I hope they die roaring, just like he did.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭omck80

My first post on boards :) God love him no matter who he was. Just goes to show what this country is forcing people to do. Even if he was from big drug dealing family thats a horrible death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Nah. Whoever sent him to do it is though.

I hope they die roaring, just like he did.:mad:

Yea cause he's the innocent one in all of this:rolleyes:

Ehh no need for the name calling and I'm most likely a lot younger than you. How do they get what they deserve you know nothing about them or their life. There's absolutely no need for half the horrible comments on here, bunch of snobs thinking they're better than everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

omck80 wrote: »
    My first post on boards :) God love him no matter who he was. Just goes to show what this country is forcing people to do. Even if he was from big drug dealing family thats a horrible death.

I am calling BS on that one, no one forced him to do this and drug mules exist in good and bad times. His choice, his life.

I have no sympathy for drug couriers, sellers AND buyers.

Ehh no need for the name calling and I'm most likely a lot younger than you. How do they get what they deserve you know nothing about them or their life. There's absolutely no need for half the horrible comments on here, bunch of snobs thinking they're better than everyone else.

And your'e most likely less intelligent than most of us.

Drugs, Drug dealing & Drug use has caused an unholey anount of misery for people & their families in this country.

Cop on!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭policarp

Sly go. . .

Ha what is your problem why do you feel the need to keep trying to insult me? I know what they've caused that's why I'm saying have some respect you've clearly never lost anyone to drugs and I hope you never do but then you would have a different outlook. You don't know anyone's circumstances or how they end up involved with drugs and they are more to be pitied than to be called the lowest of the low and all this s**t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭Riddle101

bobmalooka wrote: »
    Is he?

The lad used to sleep rough in sligo, I'd expect a crime family distributing coke to afford somewhere to live.

I'm not sure I understand where you're coming from?.Are you justifying his his actions in regards to drugs?

Ha what is your problem why do you feel the need to keep trying to insult me? I know what they've caused that's why I'm saying have some respect you've clearly never lost anyone to drugs and I hope you never do but then you would have a different outlook. You don't know anyone's circumstances or how they end up involved with drugs and they are more to be pitied than to be called the lowest of the low and all this s**t.

Look Mate. I don't know if this rant is directed at me,but...................

I'M PAYING MY TAXES TO KEEP THIS COUNTRY RUNNING.

I DUNNO WHY, WHEN IT'S KEEPING WASTERS ON THE DOLE, GRASPING FOR EVERMORE 'ENTITLEMENTS' THAT THEY FEEL ACCOUSTOMED TO.

Why bother?:rolleyes:

I'm not your mate :) What's the dole got to do with any of this? Haha go on the dole and stop paying taxes then if that's the way you feel.

I'm not your mate :) What's the dole got to do with any of this? Haha go on the dole and stop paying taxes then if that's the way you feel.

Nah 'Mate', I feel a responsibility to my family, so I'll stay working.

Thanks for the advice though.

I won't become one of the 'Entitled Ones' thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Look Mate. I don't know if this rant is directed at me,but...................

I'M PAYING MY TAXES TO KEEP THIS COUNTRY RUNNING.

I DUNNO WHY, WHEN IT'S KEEPING WASTERS ON THE DOLE, GRASPING FOR EVERMORE 'ENTITLEMENTS' THAT THEY FEEL ACCOUSTOMED TO.

Why bother?:rolleyes:

TBF it's not just people on the dole that are dealing or using drugs.
    See Montana, Tony. Ryan, Gerry etc.

ColeTrain wrote: »
    TBF it's not just people on the dole that are dealing or using drugs.
    See Montana, Tony. Ryan, Gerry etc.

True. Supply & demand & all that.

I hate anybody feeling sorry for anybody stupid enough to get involved in the 'trade' though.

It's a cancer on Irish society.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭SeanW

hondasam wrote: »
    This is a very good point problemchimp, people who take drugs don't see themselves as bad as the ones who sell them, without a buyer there would be no need for a seller.
    And without stupid Prohibition laws there would be no need for this black market.

It's like the American 1920s all over again, but unlike the repeal of the Volstead Act, our governments do not have the sense to realise that THEY are the ones fundamentally causing this problem with their idiotic laws that do so much more harm than good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jased10s

the lenghts some people will go to pay the household charge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

no one forced him to do this

Seriously? Drug mules are only ever in that situation because they're being forced to. It's not exactly a business venture.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Rolli

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Should have went for 'extra safe'.

abea47ba24142ed16b7d8fbf2c740e0d.jpg

Advertisement