Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wife annoyed with neighbours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

pmcmahon wrote: »
    pfft stick your willy up the neighbours wife

Invite him to watch.

Hilarity ensues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Getting an island isn't really copying you. They just thought it was a good idea. A lot of people have one.

I can't see what you can do about it really. Other than take a step back from them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Mickey H wrote: »
    Invite him to watch.

Hilarity ensues.
    he'd probably just copy and then it would lead into a gangbang between the poster,his wife and the neighbours.Next thing you know they're dogging around Dublin,the wife has a child for the neighbour and bang! jeremy kyle.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Steven81 wrote: »
    We didnt mind the first one or two things but just so much being copied it was a bit OTT, no just wondering did anyone else have this problem and how they dealt with it

What do you think should be done? Contact the commitee? Perhaps An Board Stop Copying me?

You bought stuff you saw and liked. They saw stuff they saw and liked.

Man up and stop worrying about trivial things. People know your houses are different. No one gives a flying fornication who did it first.

Make sure they didn't leave surveillance equipment in your house though. That'd be a bit ott.

What you could do, is wear out some of your **** stuff, and then when you get invited over, start swapping stuff around. Maybe after inserting / wiping your old stuff off something amusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Just wait until they get plastic surgery to look more like you and your wife. That would be the time to move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

woodoo wrote: »
    Getting an island isn't really copying you. They just thought it was a good idea. A lot of people have one.

I can't see what you can do about it really. Other than take a step back from them.

The second they saw the island they loved it and said they were unsure as to wether a 6x3 foot island would look ok in the kitchen but after seeing ours i would say they ran home to get quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

If your neighbours had a dog that barked day and night, or if they were throwing parties into the early hours or were engaged in illegal activities you might have something to complain about. Here at AH, we only deal with hardcore issues ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

OP's problem is the greatest injustice in the history of the world.

After slavery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

This should be in the dictionary beside the words "first world problem".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

So...your wife says your neighbours are 'copycats'?

Did you marry a fcuking 10 year old?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

tell your wife to find something better to be at

pmcmahon wrote: »
    he'd probably just copy and then it would lead into a gangbang between the poster,his wife and the neighbours.Next thing you know they're dogging around Dublin,the wife has a child for the neighbour and bang! jeremy kyle.

Jeremy Kyle :eek: Crap, didn't see this coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

When did people start buying houses again????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Link to this gnome? Best thing on thread so far :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,308 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

When did people start buying houses again????

Sometime between lunchtime and arts and crafts by the sound of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

I would only be worried if they started wearing the same clothes, buy cars like yours and starting turning up in places you like to go to like following you around the supermarket and seeing what you buy. That would be worrying but on the other hand it would be a good basis for a story to sell to one of those trashy magazines sold all over the place. 'Help! My neighbours copy everything I do?'

Of course they might copy that too and sell their story about their unreasonably paranoid neighbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

Are people not taking this thread serious, ye must have great neighbours

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

OP, your story reminds me of this ;)

To be honest, I do.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

Tell her Home & Away is better........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I can see the movie now - ' Copycats - in suburbia no one can hear you replicate ' starring Ewan Mcgregor, Ben Affleck, Kiera Knightly and Scarlett Johansen' - now just wait for awards season...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

We moved into our house a couple of weeks ahead of neighbours, invited them over and they had a look around. Since that time they have copied getting in an island, same postbox, light fixtures, wallpaper etc. Havent spoken to them recently and they are definitely not invited back, has this happened to anyone else, i know copying is the best form of flattery but sheis not impressed.

Your first mistake was inviting them to your house, this is what you get for showing off. Have you and your wife really stopped talking to them because of a few lights and a bit of wallpaper.
    It might seem like flattery to you and your wife, really the other couple just have no imagination or could not be bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

nungesser wrote: »
    is your last name Jones

There's a recession on: even Jones is having trouble keeping up with himself..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

You wouldn't download a house?

Piracy is a crime.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

MarkR wrote: »
    What do you think should be done? Contact the commitee? Perhaps An Board Stop Copying me?

lol:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

We moved into our house a couple of weeks ahead of neighbours, invited them over and they had a look around. Since that time they have copied getting in an island, same postbox, light fixtures, wallpaper etc. Havent spoken to them recently and they are definitely not invited back, has this happened to anyone else, i know copying is the best form of flattery but sheis not impressed.

Have you considered the possibility that your wife is just insane?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

No they're aholes, but we like the stuff they have in their house.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Take out a massive bank loan.
    Get a really really expensive car.
    See what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

Petty, petty people... my god nuke the site from orbit.

Advertisement